Cornwall Football Forum

Westcountry Cup

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

Is everyone excited that this weekend is the westcountry cup. well i think it's just me as it's my first one. hope to see many of you people there if your coaching, supporting or refing etc. Even though many of you would be playing. I'll be the one wearing black

cya

Rabinowitz :thumbsup: :clapper:

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

a shirt yeah like hell i deserve one

hey wait a minute..... u trying to say i need a shirt (coming to think about it maybe i do)

i take it you'll be there anita (sighs great i might have to say u again lol jk)

kool to meet up again after 2 years. and i meet get a shield/medal as well all is going great in the life of Rabinowitz (does this sound creepy or is it just me) :blink:

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

tornement was a success except one thing that happened at the end but i won't go into it. except this it was a good torney. Every1 really enjoyed themselves (well i did anyway). The only person i no who didn't like it was my mum lol.

Rabinowitz

It's surprising that some people are not aware of the Westcountry Cup!

I played in it about 10-12 years ago for Plymouth Argyle youth side. We beat our B-team in the final and there was even a team from Romania in the tournament that year. I was wondering how long the tournament has been going for now as I think it was in it's early days when I played? Great tournament though, if it was the same one?

:c:

Fatso - we must have played at a similar time, the team was FPV 2000 from Romania. We won a penalty against them and their defender spat in my face... nice! Very competitive for 15 year olds. Thankfully we beat them 5-1 in the group and 6-1 in the final (two red cards). Seem to remember an epic 5-5 draw when we played the Argyle Academy, if I recall it was an 8am kick off as there was a bit of fixture congestion!

We nearly got kicked out of the tournament as the goalscorer (who made it five apiece) slid on his knees in front of the main stand at Mount Wise, he flashed his nuts at a load of Swedish girls who were playing in the ladies tournament! Again, not ideal for 15 year old lads!

That must have been the early days of the westcountry cup, it'd be great if somebody had some team photos or match photos from that tournament!

The funniest memory was the Romanian manager asking for birth certificates for a team-mate and I ... he had a beard and I had been 6ft+ since the age of 10!

Can also recall my brother scoring 16 goals in a 32-0 win, think the goalie bagged a hat-trick that day... There's got to be a westcountry cup statto on here somewhere!

I don't know of there was a ladies tournament that year. I was in the same team as Dean Harris, Andy Dyer. It was basically the County Kids team at the time.

I remember being paraded through Newquay first and the Romania side were monsters who physically beat us to shit, but we murdered them for football.

I have the Kodaks of us lifting the trophy at home, that's how long ago it was mate. Ha!

If I can dig them out I will take pictures of them with my mobile and try to get them up soon.