Cornwall Football Forum

I wonder?

Dave Deacon

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

My, you're a tease Dave.

Well honestly all this cloak and dagger stuff. 
Give the supporters something they can relate to in the football club moving forward I say!

Hopefully the PR re the new ground (which is by the way taking steps forward and yes by the end of season is realistic so I understand) and the ownership situation will be better when Gareth is involved. 👍 

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well honestly all this cloak and dagger stuff. 
Give the supporters something they can relate to in the football club moving forward I say!

Hopefully the PR re the new ground (which is by the way taking steps forward and yes by the end of season is realistic so I understand) and the ownership situation will be better when Gareth is involved. 👍 

You have Cam Wheldon on the podcast every week, and it does seem that he often appears to be in the dark about what is going on behind the scenes (especially regarding the ground). Not a good position for a person with the title "Head Of Media." Does sound like from what you say that a new PR person is incoming, they will have a big job on their hands rebuilding interest and enthusiasm for Truro City with the people of Cornwall. We don't want a new football facility with barely anybody occupying it.

7 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

I don’t think Parkway is being upgraded this season in readiness for Step 2 next season is it? If so both Truro teams would presumably need to find new ground shares for the start of next season. 

For the good of both Parkway and Truro, surely the ground share arrangement can't be allowed to go into a 4th season. Sounds like it won't be needed, but some comms and PR from City are desperately needed. Understand the deadline for the National League and Southern League (hopefully not in this case)  to know where they will be playing next season is the 1st April 2024. Less than 6 months away now.

2 hours ago, Triggs60 said:

What happens with the reserves if there is a delay? Surely they can't continue in the swpl at their current pitch?

the new ground is for first team use only, the reserves will play on the 3G community pitch.  the Building works for that wont start for some time yet, so delays (if there are any) wont effect them.

JW