Honiton Town    4-4          Teignmouth      

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

AFC St Austell    7-0            Sticker

Millbrook           0-4            Newquay

St Dennis           0-4          Torpoint Athletic

Wendron United       1-2            Falmouth Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 4 October 2023

Wendron 1-2 Falmouth 

Just come on to see if a report, can’t see one so I’ll give it a go!

Good crowd of 2-300 at Underlane. F Troop out in numbers making plenty of noise.

Town went in front early in second half when Dron keeper Eathan Fearn punched a Tom Annear in swinging corner into his own net.

Dron equalised with a Reece Carroll curler into the top corner. 

Town won the game with a late injury time  goal from a corner by captain James Ward 

Very fast passed competitive game which Town midfield dominated possession in first half and could have scored a few more but for some very good defending and blocking of shots by Dron defenders and a good save by Fearn.  For their part Dron defended well, broke at speed and could have had a couple of goals when clean through on one on ones but Zach Telling made two very good saves. Game could have gone either way but I thought Town deserved their win. Based on what I saw think both teams are well placed for promotion this year.

MOM for me Tom Annear 

Happy days onto the next round!! 😊

UTT

A reply of the Senior Cup Final of 2021-22

I will agree on the crowd size, however I will disagree with the statement of plenty of noise coming from the famous F-Troop.  Pre & post game they were in fine voice, but during the game they were hardly heard.

I thought Falmouth came out of the blocks rapidly and looked extremely comfortable in possession, but allowed Wendron to get a foothold in the game leading into to half time.

As stated the almost inevitable goal for Falmouth came from an Annear corner, with what i was hearing around me as an inevitable mistake from Utd's Fearne in goal.  I expected Town to push on from this point and run out comfortable winners, but in reality it lit a fire under Utd who equalised with Carroll finding some space on the edge of the box and placing it into the corner with a lovely left footed curling strike.

Wendron could have/should have gone one up when Reeve went clean through on goal, but a poor touch trying to go round the keeper (Telling) was smothered up.

My view for the winner wasn't great, heard talks of another keeper error but I cant confirm.  Ward was the player celebrating wheeling away after his header.

On the whole, I think Falmouth deserved the victory, BUT Wendron will be kicking themselves as who knows what could have happened if the errors didn't happen (that's football)

JW