St Just Reserves v Mullion Thirds

All 3 pm kick off 

Percy Stephens Cup. 2-30 pm k off with extra time and penalties if required
Penryn Athletic Reserves v Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves
Wendron United Fourths v Dropship

DIV 2 WEST

MAWNAN   (0)   2      60m’   90+2m’

PERRANWELL (0)  1     Ben Rapsey 65’

Sorry up Scotland, part of the 7800 Celtic away fans at Livingston, bit nuts!! 😀  So don’t know too much, Mawnan scorers, attendance etc. Two set pieces, first a deflected free kick, the 2nd a late injury time pen for the winner. The Well equalised 5 minutes after the hosts went ahead from open play. The visitors bad luck continues but getting a few players back from cricket etc fortunately, and for Mawnan they continue their good start to the season with 3 wins from 4 games.

Div 3 West

Carharrack 7, St Ives Mariners Res 0

The first 19 minutes was all Mariners with shots, saves, corners: then in the 20th minute, the Reds broke away and scored against the run of play thus far. 2 - 0 in the 37th, giving Carharrack what to me was a surprising lead, based on the play.

2nd half, kicking down the slope, a deflected shot on 54 made it three, then possibly the best goal. Long ball headed on to a forward who went on a solo run and ended up scoring. Fumble by the visiting 'keeper let in the 5th on 84, then a soft penalty on 87 made it 6 and another 'keeper fumble (who'd be a 'keeper?!) allowed the 7th in the 88th minute.

Haven't a clue who scored. There wasn't a player in the Carharrack team I recognised from last season; another new manager. Didn't see a soul I knew or could chat to, just half-a-dozen kids running up and down and sometimes screaming along the touchline the whole game. I wonder parents don't worry about their offspring being harmed by a ball or player but I'm just old, I guess.

Grass was far too long and the men's loo has no light.

Sorry to hear Val has been poorly. I do hope she gets better soon. She has my best wishes. Her locum- Sharon? - in the tea hut did a grand job.

Probus 2-1 Lizard Argyle

After last weeks superb performance against Dropship who haven’t lost in the league for 2 years and us winning 3-1, yesterdays game was always going to be a tricky one. 
Once again having a massive squad to pick from we had a strong starting 11, rotating players who didn’t receive minutes last week. 
The first half started slowly and it soon became apparent that the signs from last week had quickly disappeared and we looked slow, sluggish and not up for it. We did create chances first half with there keeper making a couple of decent saves but apart from that there was nothing much to report.
After a half time honest team talk the second half started better with us taking the lead within 2 minutes of the restart thanks to a great cross from Joe Emmett and Bullen finishing it off with a good header.
We played better in the second half with there keeper again making some decent saves but the second goal came after a great finish from Justin Trebilcock curling an effort into the top corner making it 2-0. With the game meandering along and us looking comfortable things did get a little tense at the end with Danny V getting sinned binned after having about 5 warnings before getting a yellow and then we conceded a late goal to make it 2-1 which we held onto.
We did enough to win the game and we had enough chances to have added to it but fair play to lizard who battled well and gave us a good game.
Man of the match was given to JT but split opinion as some fans thought JP but justin worked hard throughout and his fine goal settled any nerves.
**** of the day was given to Danny V for the sin bin and Adam Bishop who after the game brought an array of toiletries one of the which was a beard comb which he was caught using to the delight of most people in the changing room.
Great effort from everyone in the squad. Not the best performance but we ground out the win and 3 points is all that matters.
Thanks to Quinny for running the line and to Graham smith for getting the pitch ready and looking great as it always does.
Special mention to all our sponsors aswell for our new clobber which I will post pictures of in the coming weeks.
They are -
Western Electrical
Marcus Hitchins electrical
Simon Matthews general builder
Treberick homes
We are looking for a sponsor for our kit bags so if anyone might be interested please get hold of me on here.
Next week we are away to Goonhavern in the cup. I’ll post info up during the week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend 👍🏻 🔴🔴

St Day -1 

Fal Utd -9 

I was really looking for a good reply after some  issues for our  team in front of the goal last week. With a much changed side. With an average age of 21 and fielding 5 U18s, I thought this would be a good test for the youth element to the squad. As I know St day have massive youth numbers. 
The lads start really well and controlled the game for large spells, but that wasn't to say the boys didn't have work to do at the back. By half time, we were comfortable and playing some good football on the deck. The second half keeper mistake at his feet playing the ball around cost us a goal and him the **** of the day dress. But I don't want to change that way of playing, and the boys bounced back quickly with some more goals. 

Goal scorers
HAYDEN W 3
ARCHIE B 1
CHARLIE INGALL 2 (Debut)
TOBY M 1
REECE T 1
REUBEN T 1 

Massive shout out to Charlie Ingall for grabbing 2 goals on his adult debut coming through the youth system at the club. 

Man of the match goes to 16 year old Ethan Body. His work rate and tackling in the middle of the park protected our backline so well. 

Great bunch of boys over at St Day with some mature heads talking and encouraging the youth, which is good to see. 

Wish them all the best and see you later in the season.