(Elburton win 7-6 on pens)

Millbrook             1-7      Dobwalls

Okehampton Argyle   3-0     Bude Tn

Torrington           3-0    Launceston

Wadebridge Town  0-1  Torpoint Ath

Wendron United  2-4     Saltash United

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 23 September 2023

Wendron 2-4 Saltash (FA Vase)

I have to admit I chose this match thinking it could be a Step 6 side getting the better of opponents from a level above, but despite taking the lead Wendron never really got going.

Charlie Young scored the opening goal of the game, but the contest altered just past the half hour mark with Saltash getting two goals. The first one from Tyler Love-Holmes, with the assist from Kieran O’Melia and then three minutes later O’Melia scored himself.

Three minutes after the break O’Melia was involved in The Ashes third - this time laying it on for Josh Johnson to score.

On 68 minutes Charlie Young did well to lob the Saltash keeper to pull a goal back for the hosts, but two minutes later Saltash restored their two-goal advantage with I think it going down as an own goal.

That goal made it 4-2 to Saltash and with it went any real chance of Wendron getting back into this contest. The Western League side looked well in control and deservedly go through into the next round with the draw for the next round on Monday.

My Man of the Match without a doubt Saltash’s Kieran O’Melia. 

21 hours ago, The Turk said:

liskeard 6-1 dominant performance on what has to be probably the worst set up/pitch i’ve seen at swpl. play had to stopped 5 times from dog 💩. shambles but blues move on to tuesday👏🏻💙

Nothing can be as bad as Plymouth Marjon - the most soulless place I've ever watched SWPL football. Glad they went down and to never pass ground grading requirements again.

Next worse Liverton (now defunct) and Oak Villa possibly. 

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Nothing can be as bad as Plymouth Marjon - the most soulless place I've ever watched SWPL football. Glad they went down and to never pass ground grading requirements again.

Next worse Liverton (now defunct) and Oak Villa possibly. 

would rather play on the marjons astro then that yesterday was absolutely terrible, couldn’t believe it’s passable for swpl! clearly didn’t fancy cutting it before playing yesterday for one reason😂