Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall and Devon vets cup semi-final

Hayle vets 4-2 Truro

Hayle goals J MaCullum 1 Rappo 3

Truro must think themselves very unlucky to have lost this semi as they played very well on the day and it was a very close game Hayle went 1 up with a great strike from outside the box by John MaCullum only the ref didnt realise it hit the back stansion and came back out again lucky the Truro lino seen it and to his credit brought it to the refs attention.

Truro stepped up there game and played the better football for a good part of the first half winning battles in middle of park which led to there equalising goal a long ball hit behind Hayles defence and very good finnishing by the Truro forward, (sorry dont know names) and it finnished 1-1 at half time.

Truro carried on where they left off in first half and after Hayle gave the ball away just inside there own half they got cought sleeping Truro got in behind defence and a good strike into the bottom corner made it 2-1 to Truro which to be fare they deserved at this point of the game.

Hayle started to play a bit to get back in the game and were unlucky with a couple of headers which were saved by Truro keeper who had a very good game today, Hayle got a penalty for hand ball, that man Rappo stepped up and scored to make it 2-2. Not long after that the ref tried to even things up by giving Truro a penalty only he knows why, but Dennis Fallowfield in the Hayle goal pulled off a great save to keep it 2-2 and probably the turning point of the game.

Rappo had a bigger hand in Hayles 3rd goal than he probably take credit for him being a nice modest bloke but he put it away and gave hayle the advantage 3-2 and later on he done it again after some great work from Lee Norman to put the game out of reach for Truro and 4-2 to Hayle who again are in both finals the Porthminster and Cornwall+Devon cops well done lads another great result. :drink::drink::drink: :drink:

yeh thanx for teaching me that hayd!!! i must admit i was practising my tennis backhand on the way through to goal! the pitch was abit bobbly though.it bounced up hand to ball!! sorry dave,but i thought it was worth a go after the ref gave you that non existent pen!!! even sammo said he ran into our defender!indirect free kick would have been generous!! ref was a nice guy though and you cant have a game without them.was a good advert for vets football though,two good footballing teams in baltic conditions!! think the turning point was definately dens great save from jims penalty. Q whats maradona and Rappo got in common??? A they are both cheating fat b*st*rds!!! :D:SM_carton_y::lol::thumbsup: :c:

yeh thanx for teaching me that hayd!!! i must admit i was practising my tennis backhand on the way through to goal! the pitch was abit bobbly though.it bounced up hand to ball!! sorry dave,but i thought it was worth a go after the ref gave you that non existent pen!!! even sammo said he ran into our defender!indirect free kick would have been generous!! ref was a nice guy though and you cant have a game without them.was a good advert for vets football though,two good footballing teams in baltic conditions!! think the turning point was definately dens great save from jims penalty. Q whats maradona and Rappo got in common??? A they are both cheating fat b*st*rds!!! :D:SM_carton_y::lol::thumbsup::c:

ha less of the bas../ds :drink: