FA CUP, Preliminary Round

Bideford                         4-0          Helston Athletic

Falmouth Town               2-6        Frome Town

Nailsea & Tickenham      0-3        Highworth Town

St Blazey                          1-5        Mousehole

Tavistock                         3-5        Barnstaple Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 August 2023

Chesham 4 Parkway 3

Lee Hobbs certainly got the grit and effort on very hot day in Hertfordshire, but his side ultimately came up short against a Chesham side that are now played 3 won 3.

Parkway took the lead twice with goals that followed from set plays. Rio Garside kept the play alive from a partially cleared corner to set up Oscar Halls goal early on and then Rio Garside stuck away an unstoppable free kick early in the 2nd half to make it 2-1. They showed much determination to restrict Chesham to mainly long distance efforts as they were will drilled and organised against a side that enjoyed the majority of possession, Adam Parkes couldn't do much with the equaliser (an effort from distance that took a wicked deflection) and an effort that flew into the top corner after the Chesham player cut in from the right and unleashed a shot. The home side scored twice towards the end of the match to seal a victory that they certainly had to work for. Jack Crago scored a late, late consolation.

To be honest, I don't remember either keeper having too much in the way of saves to make today, so was hard to judge Parkes in particular. The player that caught the eye for me this afternoon was Henry Willson, making his debut in midfield. He sat in front of the back 4 and made it very difficult for Chesham to play through them, they eventually resorted to playing long balls behind the full backs. It was only when he went off that the game seemed to open up for Chesham. As ever, my main worry for Parkway is going forward, and who is going to get the goals from open play. Dylan Jones and Jack Crago were tireless all through the match on the flanks, but Matt Wright offers very little either in general play or as a goal threat (that glaring chance he missed at 2-1 had to be seem to be believed). Not sure they have a cutting edge to break sides down, especially when playing the  lesser sides at Bolitho who will sit deep and try to nick something. The subs bench looked very thin as well, only 3 players could be named

Positives to take back to Devon, but the stark reality is it that it's played 4 lost 4.

43 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Chesham 4 Parkway 3

Lee Hobbs certainly got the grit and effort on very hot day in Hertfordshire, but his side ultimately came up short against a Chesham side that are now played 3 won 3.

Parkway took the lead twice with goals that followed from set plays. Rio Garside kept the play alive from a partially cleared corner to set up Oscar Halls goal early on and then Rio Garside stuck away an unstoppable free kick early in the 2nd half to make it 2-1. They showed much determination to restrict Chesham to mainly long distance efforts as they were will drilled and organised against a side that enjoyed the majority of possession, Adam Parkes couldn't do much with the equaliser (an effort from distance that took a wicked deflection) and an effort that flew into the top corner after the Chesham player cut in from the right and unleashed a shot. The home side scored twice towards the end of the match to seal a victory that they certainly had to work for. Jack Crago scored a late, late consolation.

To be honest, I don't remember either keeper having too much in the way of saves to make today, so was hard to judge Parkes in particular. The player that caught the eye for me this afternoon was Henry Willson, making his debut in midfield. He sat in front of the back 4 and made it very difficult for Chesham to play through them, they eventually resorted to playing long balls behind the full backs. It was only when he went off that the game seemed to open up for Chesham. As ever, my main worry for Parkway is going forward, and who is going to get the goals from open play. Dylan Jones and Jack Crago were tireless all through the match on the flanks, but Matt Wright offers very little either in general play or as a goal threat (that glaring chance he missed at 2-1 had to be seem to be believed). Not sure they have a cutting edge to break sides down, especially when playing the  lesser sides at Bolitho who will sit deep and try to nick something. The subs bench looked very thin as well, only 3 players could be named

Positives to take back to Devon, but the stark reality is it that it's played 4 lost 4.

Been my concern ever since the summer. Up top isn’t good enough . And the squad way to low on quality. 
Sounds like a much better performance mind  but still another defeat. 
have to hope with a few coming back fortunes will change. 

Kyle Fraser. He was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head (please be clear I’m making no accusations regarding either intent or recklessness). All the medical precautions that you would expect to be taken in the circumstances were taken, but I haven’t seen or heard any updates today I’m afraid.