Cornwall Football Forum

Ladies Day at St Agnes AFC for The Precious Lives Appeal

Ladies Day at St Agnes AFC takes part tomorrow with 3 female football games.

1st up our under 14's play their first ever 11 aside game (their League still plays 7 aside) V Charlestown Girls Under 14's KO 12Midday.

Next at 1.30pm the first ever Ladies Cornish Veterans Team takes to Enys Parc where the best lady footballers (of a certain age) play.

Lastly - and the main fixture of the day is the Ladies Division 3 Kimmins Cup Final at 3pm between Holmans and Penzance.

All match fees/donations and raffle will be to raise funds for The Precious Lives Appeal - raising funds for a Children's Hospice in Cornwall - teas, coffees, refreshments will be available so if you have some spare time and would like to help us raise funds for this great cause please pop along to Enys Parc - bar opens at Midday.

Thank you CTB for your support - at present we don't have a proper kitchen set up so it will have to be Scampi Fries, pint of Bitter and a selection of delicious sandwiches and rolls - if you get cold it could be a cup of soup/tea/coffee/bovril/hot chocolate etc...or maybe a brandy or whisky?

Final promises to be a good one for both sides and don't forget Dawn will be appearing in the veterans game at 1.30pm as well so Penzance will be represented in 2 of the 3 matches!

The day has been supported by the Cornwall Jaipur Ladies League Committee too - normally the collection from the Cup Finals are split between the League and the hosting club but on this occasion they have offered all monies collected to go to The Precious Lives Appeal which is great - thank you to the committee of the Ladies League - hope the weather holds out!

Guest Dermot

Hope you havn`t been doing a bit of Ballet again have you Anita,you know stretching your legs behind your earholes is no good for you!!! ;0) :drink:

Hope you havn`t been doing a bit of Ballet again have you Anita,you know stretching your legs behind your earholes is no good for you!!! ;0) :drink:

Ha ha i always got told to have a good stretch before a game :D a nice hot bath and and a night in front of the tv (not out on the town) and it should be ok, well i hope so anyhow got west country cup next weekend :P

Guest Ronin

I'll try and pop over Aggiemaid. Got an under 12s game in the morning but will see how we go after that. Good luck for the day if I don't make it :thumbsup:

Well done to Penzance.

Penzance Ladies Reserves 2-0 Holman SC Ladies

Penzance scored fairly early on, and with the wind kept Holman in their half until half-time. The 2nd half was an even affair with Pz scoring their 2nd with a minute to go.

About 100 people there with a quarter of them sitting in their cars including myself.

Penzance Ladies Reserves gain the double honour of League Champions and Cup Winners.

Great event Mandy and I hope you have raised a good total for the Precious Lives Appeal, Childrens Hospice South West.

CTB

The first total (subject to tomorrows recount) was £473 for The Precious Lives Appeal for a Children's Hospice in Cornwall - intent on making it £500 I trawled the local establishments with a bucket and (subject to a sober recount tomorrow) raised over £130 more which will bring the proceeds to over £600!

A truly amazing day - thanks to everyone who supported it - in every way - photos and proper press release to follow!

On behalf of the Jaipur Womens League can I congratulate ALL at St. Agnes F.C. for their superb work today in raising nearly £500 for the Precious lives appeal .

It was a bitterley cold day ........but NOTHING puts Mandy and her team of helpers off ..

The show MUST go on is her outlook on things ......and so it did .

And the Special Award was presented to a special Lady ......Mandy Kimmins

...for EVERYTHING she does for so many people !!!

WELL DONE ..... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

.....and get some sleep tonight :P:P:P :P