Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Women’s Football League 2023/2024 Composition

At today’s AGM Biscovey, Lanner, St Agnes Reserves and Troon were all elected to the Earthbound Electrical Cornwall Women’s Football League.

Next season Division One will consist of 10 teams as follows: Bodmin, Bude, Charlestown, Mousehole, Penryn, RNAS Culdrose, St Agnes, St Dennis, Saltash Borough, Wadebridge 

And Division Two will consist of 11 teams: Biscovey, Callington, Dropship, FXSU, Lanner, Ludgvan, Padstow, Redruth, St Agnes Reserves, Troon, Wendron

Congrats also to Kev Roberts who has been elected CWFL Chair for the 2023/2024 season.

And the most unanimous vote of the meeting followed by the biggest cheer was the vote of thanks for Mandy Kimmins for everything she has done for year after year after year promoting women’s football in Cornwall generally and the Earthbound Electrical Cornwall Women’s Football League specifically - congratulations and thank you Mandy from everyone involved in the women’s game in Cornwall. 

9 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

At today’s AGM Biscovey, Lanner, St Agnes Reserves and Troon were all elected to the Earthbound Electrical Cornwall Women’s Football League.

Next season Division One will consist of 10 teams as follows: Bodmin, Bude, Charlestown, Mousehole, Penryn, RNAS Culdrose, St Agnes, St Dennis, Saltash Borough, Wadebridge 

And Division Two will consist of 11 teams: Biscovey, Callington, Dropship, FXSU, Lanner, Ludgvan, Padstow, Redruth, St Agnes Reserves, Troon, Wendron

Congrats also to Kev Roberts who has been elected CWFL Chair for the 2023/2024 season.

And the most unanimous vote of the meeting followed by the biggest cheer was the vote of thanks for Mandy Kimmins for everything she has done for year after year after year promoting women’s football in Cornwall generally and the Earthbound Electrical Cornwall Women’s Football League specifically - congratulations and thank you Mandy from everyone involved in the women’s game in Cornwall. 

Thank you Gary! It was fabulous last night to have new volunteers stepping up to committee roles and I know I leave the Earthbound Electrical CWFL in safe hands for the continued growth, development and progress of our fabulous Ladies game in Cornwall.

Thank you again to our sponsor Earthbound Electrical for their ongoing support and sponsorship into 2023/24 which is invaluable to everyone involved in the CWFL!

Thank you to all clubs involved over the last 20 years I have been around the CWFL and the hard working volunteer committee members who have been part of the committee with me over 18 of those years!

Good luck to the new committee and all clubs and players moving forwards!

On 10/07/2023 at 07:06, aggiemaid said:

Thank you Gary! It was fabulous last night to have new volunteers stepping up to committee roles and I know I leave the Earthbound Electrical CWFL in safe hands for the continued growth, development and progress of our fabulous Ladies game in Cornwall.

Thank you again to our sponsor Earthbound Electrical for their ongoing support and sponsorship into 2023/24 which is invaluable to everyone involved in the CWFL!

Thank you to all clubs involved over the last 20 years I have been around the CWFL and the hard working volunteer committee members who have been part of the committee with me over 18 of those years!

Good luck to the new committee and all clubs and players moving forwards!

Hope the game thrives: I suppose a lot depends on how the Lionesses do in the World Cup.

Pity nothing is heard of the exploits of Illogan WFC/Truro City LFC and Pelynt WFC of the 1970s/early 80s - they really were pioneers of the Women's game. Pelynt produced an England international, Sue Law, and Illogan reached the quarter-finals of the then Women's FA Cup. Happy days!

Charlestown submitted an appeal to NOT be promoted, citing recent departure of many of their squad to newly formed Biscovey. 

So now 9 teams in D1, and 12 teams in D2.  

A good call, as the last thing the league would want would be to lose a club completely mid-season.  Hopefully the new regime at Charlestown and pathway from their girls teams can allow them to regroup in D2.