Cornwall Football Forum

Registration start date

I have now received replies to some key questions I raised with the Tech Service Desk at the FA and the key one regarding registrations for next season given the restructuring is that clubs must be in the correct league for registrations to apply.  This means that all of the clubs that are not currently in the St Piran League have to be moved over before registrations can be submitted.  That process will commence next week when the FA systems come back on line and will be completed by 12th June when the affiliation window opens.  If a registration is submitted before then it will not transfer over.  The date in the Competitions Portal at which registrations can be submitted will be set to allow registrations from 12th June.

As we all know, registrations are valid for one season only but a players consent is valid for 5 years.  This will not change.  Players changing clubs for next season can withdraw their on-line consent by logging into players.thefa.com

I'm sure it's in the small print when accepting for a club that everyone reads 🤨 but I don't think many players realise that their consent is valid for 5 years.

So players that gave their consent last season can be auto-enrolled by the same club the following season?  So if a player wishes to transfer to a different club during the off-season, they need to withdraw themselves from their soon-to-be previous club by using the link you provided above? 

47 minutes ago, GKBH said:

I'm sure it's in the small print when accepting for a club that everyone reads 🤨 but I don't think many players realise that their consent is valid for 5 years.

So players that gave their consent last season can be auto-enrolled by the same club the following season?  So if a player wishes to transfer to a different club during the off-season, they need to withdraw themselves from their soon-to-be previous club by using the link you provided above? 

That's about the top and bottom of it.  We had a number of players trying to register for different clubs this time last year only to find that they'd already been registered by their previous club. Untangling that all takes time and shouldn't be necessary. The FA tell me that the consent period is SCOR compliant.  Not so sure I agree with that so that's another battle to take on as, as you say, the practical reality is a little removed from the theoretical.

Let’s also clarify that’s only for online consents … off line consents no longer  count so if you previously used a paper form, sms or anything other than online consent on WGS you’ll be at a major disadvantage if a club that a player gave online consent to 4years ago can force you to put in 7 days by registering them without even letting that player know. 
basic premise here is that the clubs can register who they like … as long as they gave online consent in the last 5 years…. But the player doesn’t have a say so … 
surely this needs looking at 

7 hours ago, countyman said:

Let’s also clarify that’s only for online consents … off line consents no longer  count so if you previously used a paper form, sms or anything other than online consent on WGS you’ll be at a major disadvantage if a club that a player gave online consent to 4years ago can force you to put in 7 days by registering them without even letting that player know. 
basic premise here is that the clubs can register who they like … as long as they gave online consent in the last 5 years…. But the player doesn’t have a say so … 
surely this needs looking at 

Players have a say in the fact they can remove consent. Not ideal I know.