Cornwall Football Forum

AGM and the new divisions format?

Another couple of quick questions that have been asked. 

The email that went out is showing the proposed sides in the new leagues. Are you saying that, at the AGM sides will be able to put a spanner in the works by protesting about where they have been put in the system or truth be told, those proposals are fixed and clubs only get to nod in the sides that have applied to join the Division Fours?

Will the league allow, on the night, several sides to protest where they are proposed to be put in the pyramid as this will obviously slow down the final agreement of the divisions? 

The second question is about basic ground grading. Will there be some sort of ground grading between the divisions or just for the Premier Division? It was pointed out that if there will be, then you can't have automatic promotion if a club does not have the facilities. Will there be a sliding scale? I was asked as a club was wondering if they will need hire a couple of portaloos long term plus get in a couple of garden benches for disabled spectators.

48 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Another couple of quick questions that have been asked. 

The email that went out is showing the proposed sides in the new leagues. Are you saying that, at the AGM sides will be able to put a spanner in the works by protesting about where they have been put in the system or truth be told, those proposals are fixed and clubs only get to nod in the sides that have applied to join the Division Fours?

Will the league allow, on the night, several sides to protest where they are proposed to be put in the pyramid as this will obviously slow down the final agreement of the divisions? 

The second question is about basic ground grading. Will there be some sort of ground grading between the divisions or just for the Premier Division? It was pointed out that if there will be, then you can't have automatic promotion if a club does not have the facilities. Will there be a sliding scale? I was asked as a club was wondering if they will need hire a couple of portaloos long term plus get in a couple of garden benches for disabled spectators.

There are two mandatory AGM items that cover your first question, election of clubs to fill vacancies and agreeing the constitution for the following season.  The election bit is straightforward.   Under the constitution item a club could have their say but all of the clubs vote on the proposals.  I've had little feedback on this but I will be at the Trelawny AGM and I'll be happy to field questions there and hopefully smooth the path.  Nobody has come up with an alternative yet.

To be promoted to the Premier Divisions clubs must have a Grade 8 ground grading as directed by the FA.  Below that, as I've explained elsewhere, there is no enforceable standard other than those considered 'reasonable'.  The reasonable minimums have been agreed with Cornwall FA and are listed in the league rules sent to all clubs.  There are no progressive requirements as clubs move through the divisions.  All division one teams bar those that are reserve sides of higher placed clubs will get an advisory grading visit so that they and the league know where they are relative to Grade 8. 

Some clubs have hired portaloos to meet Grade 8.  There is no requirement for disabled provision at that Grade but if achievable that would obviously be good practice.