Cornwall Football Forum

.same Truro side that has played for last 6-8 weeks .......although a few may be missing with injuries sustained in todays kicking ..........(sorry).... football match on Tuesday against Porthleven !!!

Pity some of the Helston players had to resort to that ..........otherwise a good entertaining game played in a good spirit .

Highlight of the day was yet another superb free kick from Harrington just outside the box which even Winno could do absolutely nothing about.

Have a feeling the upcoming League game will be another cracker . :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

Anyway the game, Sloppy defending cost us, Better team won. Truro were fitter and more organised. Thought we showed good character pushing til the end. Ref had a good game and controlled it well :thumbsup:

Thought Skinner was M.O.M NOT harrington. Reputation proceeds him in this instance!

In answer to tms9 question, these were the guys with "first" team experience who played; Tolley,,matthews,ludlam,chambers. still, no complaints. Thats the point of a reserve team.

Feel sorry for 'Rusty' who was dropped today because the truro puppet master dictated that certain players must start!

Rumour has it he has quit?? not trying to stir things up, but thats what i was told by a un-named truro player.

Well done Truro, Shame the wind was unforgiving!

Guest Dermot

I thought it was a cracking Cup Final and a great advert for Combo football,Truro were on top but Helston never gave up,some strong challenges but thats football folks. :o

Someone mentioned earlier that Truro Reserves would give anyone a good game in the SWPL and they certainly would but so would Helston,and full credit to both teams today they both got on with the game and never gave the Ref any grief. ;0) :clapper:

And well done to all the staff at Porthleven for getting the game on today and making we Refs feel welcome. :0)

Guest Dermot

Not one card for backchat or dissent,3 to Helston for Foul Tackles and 1 to Truro for Persistant Fouls,no complaints. ;0) Me Tonight :drink::drink: :smiley20:

a great advert for Combo football

Sorry Dermot, we all know the Truro side isn't really your normal Combo side!

As for the bookings, well they were for clumsy challenges weren't they? And Liam Eddy's challenge on Danny Harris ..... yes Danny made a noise, but I think Liam was in fact just a shade late.

Guest Dermot

Yes Dave clumsy challanges that warranted a booking,good game though and i think the crowd got there moneys worth. The League game between these 2 should be interesting as well. ;0) :thumbsup:

Guest Dermot

No mate,i nearly got booked for slipping over in a puddle in the warm up but Colin realised it wasnt a dive and only gave me a Bollocking,now that would have been a stupid booking for the list . ;0) :drink: :smiley20:

my booking was slightly harsh as i caught him on his follow through while trying to block the ball up the line, was also my first tackle of the game! If it was later on after a few more chalenges maybe, but ref was inconsistant skinner had a worst challenge than me on justin miles and didnt get booked as it was his first challenge!!!! but even if u all think it was a booking there was still no need for the player 2 go down making a pig impression! Truro were clearly the better side but it just shows money buys trophies! truro could even have better as it showed in 2nd half as they passed the ball around and we could hardly touch them. I would have given sam matthews mom I thought he was awesome so quick created space and drew 2 defenders to him leave tolley or other players unmarked 2 create goals, We didnt start playing until last 15 where we creat a few chances but it was way to late, well done truro good luck with rest of season! x

and woodpecker...this is the combonation league so whats wrong with being a combo team??????????

Guest Man on the Post

I want H.P. to keep posting on here, it's my main source of fiction! :yahoo: Joking aside it is interesting to compare H.P.'s postings above with those of Kevin Richards after Truro beat Porthleven 7-1 in the semi-final. Separates the men from the boys and says it all I think. :thumbsup:

Nigel I thought I heard Vidal say about 150 spectators yesterday ..............many many open spaces around the boundary fence .

Very poor turnout for such a high profile League Final ........I am sure the Combo officials will be dissappointed with the attendance .........maybe the weather or a couple of games on tv were to blame .

Must say the pitch looked as good as I have ever seen it as you walked in the gate ...well done Derek !!!

Guest Helston Patriot

Woodpecker why the hostile replies??

Never mind have a :drink:

Must agree pitch was great considering the down poor all night and morning! credit where credit is due! Just the league to go, should be interesting for 2nd,3rd,4th place as its all getting close.. Midweek games starting soon, points will be dropped by all due to tired legs!

Guest WINNO

DIDNT POST LAST NIGHT AS I WAS HAMMERED AND SUFFERED ALL DAY.....

FAIR PLAY TO TRURO THEY DESERVED TO WIN YESTERDAY. WE TRIED OUR BEST IN THE ATTROCIOUS CONDITIONS AND IT WASNT GOOD ENOUGH ON THE DAY. BUT IF YOU GIVE AWAY SLOPPY GOALS AND SILLY FREE KICKS TO GOOD SIDES YOUR GOIN TO STRUGGLE!!! SIMPLE

SKINNER MAN OF THE MATCH BY A MILE WHAT AN ENGINE. LIKE PEOPLE SAY WHEN THEY HAVE PLAYERS LIKE LUDS, HARRINGTON, SKINNER, MATTHEWS, TOLLEY REISKI CAIN ETC ETC ETC ETC. YOU ARE MORE THAN LIKELEY GOIN TO COME OFF 2ND BEST. BUT WE TRIED AND WE GOT TO THE FINAL WHICH ALOT OF SIDES WOULD LOVE TO HAVE DONE. I THINK WE GAVE A GOOD ACCOUNT OF OURSELVES HANDS UP WE LOST AND DESERVED TO.

POOR ATTENDACE LIKE YOU SAY THE FINAL I PLAYED IN LAST SEASON AT ILLOGAN I THINK THERE WAS NEARLY 500 A SIGN OF THE TIMES PERHAPS. I THOUGHT THE REF HAD A PRETTY SOUND GAME PERSONALLY

I AM PROUND OF ALL THE SQUAD AT HELSTON IN MY 1ST SEASON OF MANAGEMENT. I HAVE LOST ALOT OF PLAYERS OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND IT SHOWS THE GREAT STRENGTH WE HAVE AT THE CLUB THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH CERTAIN JEALOUS PEOPLE WANT TO STIR THE CRAP WE WILL COME BACK AS STRONG AND STONGER THAN BEFORE.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO BARRY DUNSTAN AND PENNY ALSO BOOTSY AND ALL AT THE CLUB FOR THE WAY WE WERE LOOKED AFTER YESTERDAY BEFORE AND AFTER THE MATCH FABULOUS...

BACK TO THE LEAGUE NOW STILL LOADS OF GAMES TO PLAY AND YOU NEVER SAY NEVER...

REGARDS TO ALL AND WELL DONE TO TRURO.....

Totally agree Winno ...............lots of twists and turns before the season ends yet .

From all in the Truro dressing room after the game, we thought your gesture of the bottle of bubbly was fantastic from a beaten manager so soon after the final whistle .......

..true sportsmanship :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Guest WINNO

NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL. ALOT OF PEOPLE SLAG ME OFF MOST OF THEM BEHIND MY BACK, BUT I AM WHO I AM AND THAT IS A TOTALLY COMMITTED PERSON AT WHATEVER I AM DOIN.

Re - Attendance

I couldn't get to this match [although I know quite a few Truro Fans did] -

The fact that Truro's 1st team had 3 matches in 4 days over Easter probably had something to do with the lower attendance this year.

799 at Treyew Road on Good Friday - home match on Saturday - and senior Cup Final on Monday,

If it wasn't for all of this then I am sure the attendance would have been a lot higher.