Cornwall Football Forum

East Cornwall Premier League Results Tues 16th August.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey Res 1v5 Liskeard Res. Att.63

Bit of edge to this one. St Blazey had alot of chances but couldn't take them. Liskeard took advantage of a few mistakes from St Blazeys new look side. 

Thought the young team of Blazey played very well Rio was superb again only downside he may do a little bit to much but with more maturity what a player he is going to be, a great lad.

The first 25 mins it was all Blazey possession chances etc. but a counter attack from the short  lad up top for Liskeard Gilbeys nephew I believe could be wrong scored a decent goal .

It was then 0-2 at ht again Blazey missed some real good opportunities plus keeper for Liskeard did well in goal for them .

Have to say this game was spoilt by the referee who must of been having a really bad day , he was awful it was literally all about me me me me , I lost count of the needless yellow cards for both teams & sin bins , I personally saw two bad challenges all night worthy of at least one card & a stern talking too.

Liskeard scored some good goals second half but goal of the game went to Blazey ( no biased) Rio Ward beat two players on the wing past two more into the the centre before striking into the bottom right corner of the goal leaving the keeper helpless .

• Rjw87 changed the title to East Cornwall Premier League Results Tues 16th August.

St Dennis 3 st Stephen 1

Our league opener under lights in the rain, typical local derby with both teams playing some decent football in crap weather,rock hard pitch n wet made the ball ping about a million times faster than normal.

Both teams could of had more goals but for some wayward finishing n some decent goal keeping,good luck to Jon doc n his lads they played very well considering he's bought several of them in from u16 n they didn't look out of place tbh.

Jacob 2 Lee hazeldine 1 for st Dennis

Callum Oldham with st Stephen goal 

Thanks to Ian trevenna and Mark gingell for being very fair linesmen and to Sam doble for keeping the game flowing as much as he could.