Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge vs Tavistock

Very Impressive showing from Wadebridge tonight 2-0 down to Tavi and you would of thought Tavi would score more but the Bridger came back and score 2 to get a2-2 draw ,Alex Battle just signed for  Tavi scored his 1st goal the player i like was Parry he was having a fine game for Tavi on the wing but Matt Lloyd was provin a constant threat with his aerial power .

This Wadebridge team our in for a good season and they got Steve Simmons and Tom Chambers to come in yet .

Just one complaint no teams announced would of been nice who the players where i knew most of the Bridge team but only a few of the Tavi lads .

Onto next Wed when Falmouth come to the Bridge should be  a good game hope the F troop come along and add a bit of Atmosphere 

Agree with Steve, think this Wadebridge team has a lot of potential, excellent keeper, really dogged at the back, plenty of energy and inventive in midfield, pace in the wide areas and some lively and strong attackers. Played two really hard games against top quality opposition but Rower must be quite excited to see what this team could do against their own league opposition. Obviously spent more time defending than attacking in those two tough games but it will be interesting to see them in the SWPL. Two quality strikes from Josh Parry in the 9th minute and new signing from Crawley Alex Battle 45 seconds into the 2nd half. Would have been easy to fold in at that stage but the Bridgers showed plenty of character and scored twice in a 6 minute spell just after the hour mark. Thought they looked stronger as the game went on as well but you can see the quality Tavi got, at times they played some sparkling stuff particularly last 20 minutes but a combination of superb last ditch defending and slightly wasteful finishing saw Wadebridge hang on for a confidence boosting draw. A good work out for Stu and his team, and to be fair the results don’t really matter do they as long as everything is put in place for that first game of the season. A good night and workout for both sides and enjoyable game to watch. 👍👏🏼

Went and watched the game - trying to get an impression of Tavistock for next season. First time at Wadebridge and nice club, not seen many like it with the pitch below the watching area but lovely evening and only £3 entry and cheap beer - pint and a pasty for £4 (not the greatest pasty)

Tavistock team was not what I have seen last two games and looked a typical PSF squad - am probably wrong but only saw a few players that looked like first team and looked quite leggy. 

Performance wise - Tavistock controlled game but lacked cutting edge. Agree the lad Parry was stand out. The lad Battle, could see the quality was there but not the touch, on a different night he could have scored 5. 

Out of the games I have seen, Wadebridge were good but a way behind Liskeard and Falmouth - so I wouldn’t give too much the the scores in each game. I do hope Wadebridge do well and without knowing the league - if they can challenge Liskeard they won’t be far from the top. The lad who game on for them second half No5 actually made things tick up front. 

Think Tavistock may put out a different team v Mousehole. 

I thought the game changed when Sam Wickens came on in the 2nd half hes a real quality player ,i can see Wadebridge being the dark horses this season and with the 2 new signings Jack Rapsey and Cory Sargent they could surprise a few teams and i dont know what new goalkeeper coach Wayne Roberts has done to Rob Rosevear but in the last 2 games hes been brilliant in the game against Mousehole they had 24 shots on goal and Rob was equal o nearly all of then only to beaten by a late goal . 

Wadebridge got a good team there and they got the 2 young Bodmin lads to come in and play yet Steve Simmonds who was going to play last night in his blue suit class player and you also got another youngster to come in and play young Tom Chambers looking forward to next weeks match vs Falmouth to Lloydy vs Wardy .

Tavi had severel players out last night the Daw lads Josh Oak , Liam Prynn ,Josh Grant and they had E Harrison on the bench and the G player Eli Evans was there to keep him company but Adam McPHERSON and Josh Parry looked very good Alex Battle didnt look fit to me  Looking forward to the match next week only pity is i got to leave before the end of late matches to get home before it gets dark my eyes do not like bright car headlights ,they are buggered after so much Radiotherapy i have tried every glasses going but none work so i just got to leave early im not being disrespectful to the teams its just these f-----g Eyes dont like bright lights .

Yeah Tarus, top player that number 5 Jack Rapsey!! Good upbringing! 😂👍 Sam quality as well 2nd half as Steve mentioned along with several others! Agree with you that Liskeard will be favourites for me, looking at them several times last season and with the addition of another 30+ striker in DJ, fancy Blazey to do well under Ficey with Lafs upstairs if needed. Think there will be a dark horse or two though with the league a bit more open this season. Wayne doing some great work with Rob! Knew he was quality from what I’ve already seen but he’s even better than I thought! Must have made 10 top class saves in those 2 games so far! Nice to chat with Ed Harrison and Charlie Hambley last night, two of Jacks team mates in Hoops great county youth squad that narrowly lost in the National final v Middlesex 5 years ago at Barnet. Ed looking forward to the Southern league with Tavi and Charlie a class player that anyone would be chuffed to have in their team. Top young players. Think Tavi had 7/8 possible starters in that team last night so a confidence boosting result for the Bridgers but Stu obviously missing and resting  a few from his squad. Think they’ll do well once Stu decides on his squad of 16/18 for the season.