Cornwall Football Forum

Champions League Draw

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

Sepp Pratter is going to fix it so we have the 4 English clubs playing each other.

That pr*ck has it in for this nation! FACT. :angry2:

I might be wrong though....... :o

I think statistically there's obviously a pretty fair chance that two English sides will be drawn together.

But I agree that UEFA will be secretly hoping that two English sides don't make it to the final, given the chaos that will ensue regarding tickets. We seen the utter **** up they made of it last season, and then they had the audacity to blame the volume of Liverpool fans that travelled to the final, erm, come on, it's a Champions League final for christ's sake!

Despite all the jiggery-pokery behind the scenes, and if kept apart in the draw, I can see a Man Utd - Liverpool final. That would just be an awesome spectacle!

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

Barca to win it i think mate....You can just see the English teams Fecking it up can't you? Anyway what do i care? I support poxy Birmingham City. The last time they were in Europe there was a war. LOL

I wouldn't like to see an all 'english' final, it would take something away from it being the european cup, I would much prefer to see Liverpool V a team from another country.

So Liverpool V Arsenal then Stig?. ;)

Ha ha Coopsie your on form :lol::thumbsup: :drink:

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

I wouldn't like to see an all 'english' final, it would take something away from it being the european cup, I would much prefer to see Liverpool V a team from another country.

I couldn't give a shiny sh*te who is in final :drink:

Ha ha Coopsie your on form :lol::thumbsup::drink:

Thanks Anita. :thumbsup:

Blue_Dude-(^_^) You crack me up with your sayings. :clapper:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that one, two english sides in the final would bring a very 'unique' atmosphere (as long as Arsenal don't win it!!!)

Last year's all Spanish UEFA Cup final between Sevilla and Espanyol was a great game played in a great atmosphere, as was the Real Madrid and Valencia Champions League final of 2000. Admittedly the Milan & Juventus final of 2003 was an awful game, there's always one exception to the rule!!!

Does your theory mean that a Painter & Decorator should play in the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy or maybe a White Van Man should've played in the LDV Vans Trophy.

Ah, the possibilities are endless!!!!

Yeah id love to see an all English final, it would just go to prove that we've got the best clubs and the best league in the world!

I cant see Barca winning it, there not the team they were a couple of years ago and from what ive seen of them on Sky this year their not up there with the English sides. Plus their talisman Messi is out with a hamstring injury. :c:

Yeah id love to see an all English final, it would just go to prove that we've got the best clubs and the best league in the world!

I cant see Barca winning it, there not the team they were a couple of years ago and from what ive seen of them on Sky this year their not up there with the English sides. Plus their talisman Messi is out with a hamstring injury. :c:

i have to say i agree and not only is messi out none of there 'big guns' are performing as well as they could the lights of eto and big ron and deco just arent doing it this term

Well Arsenal it is then!!!

never been Emirates, so I look forward to that, just not the ticket price!

And Possibly the the familiar Chelsea in the Semi, which is already down as a win. Quite possibly Utd in Final should they overcome Barcelona in semi final.

Liverpool v Utd in Moscow would be an absolute nightmare. Flights would be ridiculous cost, hotels not available and then trying to get territory in pubs!! World War 3 on the cards most definitely!

Still, bring it on I say

Just had a chat with Boris Darren and he's happy with the draw. It's all going to be about how well Gerrard and Torres do against Fabregas and Van Persie I think BUT my opinion is that Arsenal will just have the little bit of extra quality to see them through(God it hurt to say that).

Even more interesting is the fact that the ties are to be played on the 1st and 2nd of April with the second leg on 8th and 9th of April BUT Liverpool and Arsenal have to play eachother on the 5th of April in the league. With Arsenal pushing for the title and Liverpool fighting for 4th spot, surely the opportunity to field a weakened team so as to concentrate on the Champions League will be unthinkable?.

Train all booked, £47 return, coming back on the Sleeper!! first game is on the Wednesday 2nd and home leg is on the Tuesday 8th!

There's a link going around as well saying the draw was fixed, someone posted at 10:28am, the full draw as it was!!!

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic....asc&start=0

it don't work at the moment cos of that many people on it

Arsenole three times in a week! Groan!

Well, last year Arse whipped LFC twice in Cups, then Crouchinho went to work and we got the league match -- but this year we gotta win all three!

I was thinking about that weakened squad, Coopsie. If Liverpool are going to win anything, it's gotta be the Champs League, so that makes the mid-week matches vital, but finishing fourth is necessary, too.

Arsenal, meanwhile, are still in play for the league title, so they won't want to drop league points against the 'pool. That may mean there's an opening there for Gerrard and Co.

Hi Xembla, hope all is well across the pond sir?. One thing's for sure, there is 3 games in a week that neither Arsenal or Liverpool can really afford to or will want to lose. It will certainly be interesting as a neutral to see how things unfold. One thing I can honestly say is, although I've predicted that Arsenal will just have that little extra quality to put Liverpool out of the champions league, I will be rooting for the hub cap stealers to put them out of everything. So for the first 2 weeks of April I will adopt Liverpool as my second team. Then on the very last day of the season Spurs will beat them to let Everton take the 4th place in the league. :unsure:

Train all booked, £47 return, coming back on the Sleeper!! first game is on the Wednesday 2nd and home leg is on the Tuesday 8th!

There's a link going around as well saying the draw was fixed, someone posted at 10:28am, the full draw as it was!!!

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic....asc&start=0

it don't work at the moment cos of that many people on it

That link is VERY interesting St Darren. Did you come across it by pure fluke or were you tipped off?. If it was just a guess by the guy who posted it, it was one hell of a guess.