Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway new signings.

Makes even more strange Harrison Davies was let go who having a great start at Saltash. I believe the lad from Bristol that was signed has had a fair few injuries and is working his way back to fitness. 
It is an area at the back they do seem light on if injuries strike. 

11 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Makes even more strange Harrison Davies was let go who having a great start at Saltash. I believe the lad from Bristol that was signed has had a fair few injuries and is working his way back to fitness. 
It is an area at the back they do seem light on if injuries strike. 

Harrison Davis does seem to have a history of starting very strongly at clubs, and then fading away. A very talented player, but obviously someone Lee Hobbs had his doubts about. He never got a look in at right back after Finlay Craske came in on loan from Argyle last season.

Hobbs previewing start of new season on Plymouth Live website. Tyler Ashmead injured and unavailable, Mikey Williams described as very unlikely to play, Ben Seymour recovered from injury and ready to play while two others (not named) were described as "we think they will be OK."

More forthcoming than usual for Parkway, they usually play their cards very close to their chest regarding player injury and availability.

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Harrison Davis does seem to have a history of starting very strongly at clubs, and then fading away. A very talented player, but obviously someone Lee Hobbs had his doubts about. He never got a look in at right back after Finlay Craske came in on loan from Argyle last season.

Hobbs previewing start of new season on Plymouth Live website. Tyler Ashmead injured and unavailable, Mikey Williams described as very unlikely to play, Ben Seymour recovered from injury and ready to play while two others (not named) were described as "we think they will be OK."

More forthcoming than usual for Parkway, they usually play their cards very close to their chest regarding player injury and availability.

Ashmead has had a very stop start pre season. Has struggled and was obviously not fit and carrying an injury over from last season. Does seem like he. Bit injury prone probably why Lee has gone in for shanley. 
He has used Sam Hillson a few times but he not good enough for the standard parkway are now.

the Harrison Davies one is very odd one i personally would have kept him was arguably player of the year before. 
well big game tomorrow I will look forward to seeing the new look team in action  

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Ashmead has had a very stop start pre season. Has struggled and was obviously not fit and carrying an injury over from last season. Does seem like he. Bit injury prone probably why Lee has gone in for shanley. 
He has used Sam Hillson a few times but he not good enough for the standard parkway are now.

the Harrison Davies one is very odd one i personally would have kept him was arguably player of the year before. 
well big game tomorrow I will look forward to seeing the new look team in action  

Notice as well that Paul Heveran has reappeared on the Parkway squad list that's featured on the Southern League website. Another right back from the not too distant past.

• 2 weeks later...

Theo Simpson, high profile signing in the summer from Tiverton, has already departed Parkway. 

Jared Lewington, who featured and scored on Tueday night from Dorchester, has joined for an undefined period on a "short term loan" from Taunton Town. I would guess that it's to cover the suspension of Ben Seymour on Saturday, and the departure of Simpson. The revolving door of occupants of the centre forward position at Parkway continues..

(wonder if Adam Carter is awaiting the phone call. 😀)

Simpson never really settled to be fair I’m the games I watched.  And Seymour will be a miss as he looks a very good striker. And crago for all his goals last season does look a tad lightweight against the teams in this league. 
lewington a strange one Taunton say it’s just a 4 week loan.Taunton haven’t scored a goal this season yet are loaning out arguably their best striker. Can’t complain as he will be a great asset but what happens when he goes back  

still think parkway we need another striker up there who can finish.  What they do for Tyler Harvey or Rocky. 

36 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Simpson never really settled to be fair I’m the games I watched.  And Seymour will be a miss as he looks a very good striker. And crago for all his goals last season does look a tad lightweight against the teams in this league. 
lewington a strange one Taunton say it’s just a 4 week loan.Taunton haven’t scored a goal this season yet are loaning out arguably their best striker. Can’t complain as he will be a great asset but what happens when he goes back  

still think parkway we need another striker up there who can finish.  What they do for Tyler Harvey or Rocky. 

Tyler Harvey and Rocky Neal in the Parkway attack would be the dream ticket, and I would love to know how close that has come to happening in the last season or so. Harvey in particular looks bang in form, and appears to be a lot fitter and sharper than the player I saw last season. If he steers clear of injury, it looks like a 30 goal campaign for him.

Wonder if Parkway were alerted to the availability of Alex Battle before he went to Tavi?  And, if so, was he considered?

• 2 weeks later...

Parkway certainly accumulating the dual signings. David Barker (Saltash) and Curtis Damerell (Torpoint) now joining the squad list.

Barker has been a stand out performer at right back for several seasons, and Damerell is now a far better player than in his previous spell at Bolitho, but are they really step 3 quality, or just potential squad/bench fillers?

22 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway certainly accumulating the dual signings. David Barker (Saltash) and Curtis Damerell (Torpoint) now joining the squad list.

Barker has been a stand out performer at right back for several seasons, and Damerell is now a far better player than in his previous spell at Bolitho, but are they really step 3 quality, or just potential squad/bench fillers?

Would imagine they are just guys to call on when struggling for numbers. They do like to have a fair few signed on.