Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL RUN IN

Whose your money on. Has to be the closest run in for years.

Torpoint Athletic

27th April St Cleer (H)

7th May Altarnun (H)

15th May St Stephen (H)

Altarnun

23rd April Foxhole (H)

4th May St Cleer (A)

7th May Torpoint Athletic (A)

14th May St Minver (H)

Gunnislake

23rd April St Minver (H)

30th April St Teath (H)

7th May St Newlyn East (H)

St Minver

23rd April Gunnislake (A)

30th April St Stephen (H)

14th May Altarnun (A)

Torpoint Athletic

Altarnun

Gunnislake

St Minver

Has to come down to the altanun v torpoint fixture in my opinion. Altanun with tough games vs st minver and foxhole where they need to avoid slip ups. Both teams in a position where if they win their remaining fixtures they win the league and I personally Can’t see torpoint dropping points against st cleer or st Stephen both at home with the form they are in. If altanun can avoid dropping points in their tougher run in then I see it as winner takes all when they clash down the mill. If both drop points at any stage before they meet then you can’t run Gunni out as they have a strong chance of 9 points from their remaining 3 fixtures too. I did always wonder why talk throughout the season focused solely on st minver and altanun when 2 very strong teams have been right up there throughout too

St Stephen been torpoints bogey side for years as we all know so you can’t  rule anything out even with their current state of affairs. St cleer could easily bring half of liskeard next week and upset the apple cart as they so often have in the past..  Must say this has been a long time coming for callum and his side with the amount of quality within the squad for the past 4 years and nothing to show for it, potentially the last season some of them may have together with the step up looking more likely each week with individual performances being noticed by the first and second team etc. having been ruled out of any title hopes yet again by everyone has certainly given them the motivation needed to pull off the results of late. Altarnun at the mill definitely looks like winner takes all at the moment and what a season from them by the way 👏 closest league campaign by a mile so credit to all 4 teams in that respect. 

Very close league and good to see as it seemed Altarnun were running away with it. We played Torpoint in a friendly in January of this year and drew 2-2 with them at their place. They were a good side but knowing what Altarnun have i cant see past them if its a level playing field in the run in 

1 hour ago, The Badger said:

Very close league and good to see as it seemed Altarnun were running away with it. We played Torpoint in a friendly in January of this year and drew 2-2 with them at their place. They were a good side but knowing what Altarnun have i cant see past them if its a level playing field in the run in 

Wouldn’t say altanun were ever running away with it just happened to be that they picked up points against the same teams all of the top 4 have done early on, they just have their harder tests coming at the end of the season whereas the likes of Gunni and Torpoint have played the majority of teams that are battling it out. Gunni have been strong throughout and torpoint started poor with 2 early loses and have since won all of their last 9. It’s also good to see two newly promoted teams right up amongst it too. Should be a thrilling end to a season that has been competitive throughout