Cornwall Football Forum

Mawnan 0-1 Mousehole 2nds h/t 0-1

Scorer: Peter Wall

Hard hard hard game with Mawnan having 80% of the play but not really troubling our keeper, plenty of shots but not testing our keeper. Mousehole dug in deep & with man of the match Adam Caul at the back fighting for the cause til the death.

hi patch i heard the same thing about a goal that was disallowed by the mousehole linesman!! apparently it was given by the ref and then everyone else was lined up for kick off and somehow the linesman managed to get the ref to come over to him, and then convinced him to over turn the decision.Fair play to him (or not) but obviously not on the other 11 on the pitch for mawnan, he was then supposedly dodgey for the rest of the game. if its true then mawnan must prefer to lose fairly than win by cheating. how are you patch??

hi patch i heard the same thing about a goal that was disallowed by the mousehole linesman!! apparently it was given by the ref and then everyone else was lined up for kick off and somehow the linesman managed to get the ref to come over to him, and then convinced him to over turn the decision.Fair play to him (or not) but obviously not on the other 11 on the pitch for mawnan, he was then supposedly dodgey for the rest of the game. if its true then mawnan must prefer to lose fairly than win by cheating. how are you patch??

I was the lino yesterday & i was not dodgy at any time!!!!!!!! i gave fair & just decisions throughout the game...

The so called goal? The Mawnan midfielder played a ball over the top which went straight to the striker, no 2, (at this time their number 2 was off side), the ball skimmed off our centre half's head (at this time their number 2 was still in off side position), and no 2 scored.....now that is offside case closed....and about players ready to kick off, rubbish, i waited all of 15 seconds for the ref to turn around & i called him over, simple.

If a player is in front of the defender when the ball is played forward, straight to the player, it is offside or am i wrong????????????????

Come on, we defended the whole game & mawnan did not test our keeper so give us some credit...mawnan had an off day & blaming me is an easy way out.

I was the lino yesterday & i was not dodgy at any time!!!!!!!! i gave fair & just decisions throughout the game...

The so called goal? The Mawnan midfielder played a ball over the top which went straight to the striker, no 2, (at this time their number 2 was off side), the ball skimmed off our centre half's head (at this time their number 2 was still in off side position), and no 2 scored.....now that is offside case closed....and about players ready to kick off, rubbish, i waited all of 15 seconds for the ref to turn around & i called him over, simple.

If a player is in front of the defender when the ball is played forward, straight to the player, it is offside or am i wrong????????????????

Come on, we defended the whole game & mawnan did not test our keeper so give us some credit...mawnan had an off day & blaming me is an easy way out.

sorry about that then just what i've been told, thought all the boys were lined up for kick off and then you (the linesman) called the ref over and had a lenghthy discussion before the game was brought back for a "offside"

when a ball is played forward and the striker is onside but then the ball comes off a defenders head and goes through to striker, who is then in what would usually be an offside posistion, he's not offside. am i wrong. :blink::blink: :blink:

Green + White i,m not to sure about that one. last year percy stephens cup final against port. Two port players way offside on the penalty spot, another port player had a shot from a long way out, the ball hit our centre-half and went straight to the players that were offside,and one scored ref gave the goal and said the centre-half played them on-side! I thought that when the ball left the players foot before it even reached our centre-half the two players were offside and interfering as they were blocking my veiw.

Mawgan 4-1 Frogpool

Mawgan knew they would be in a battle following Frogpool's recent results but started the game the brighter of the 2 teams and were moving the ball around with some easy on the eye 2 touch football. They took the lead when Steven (spike) Hughes was left unmarked from a pinpoint Jordan Davies corner and headed the the ball home. Mawgan soon extended their lead when Hughes was sent through and placed his shot beyond the despairing keeper into the bottom corner of the net. 2-0 at half time but with what happened agains't Culdrose recently Mawgan couldn't afford to think the game was already won.

Frogpool came out determined and were on top for the 1st 15 minutes but when a speculative long range effort from (fat) Matt Holman found the back of the net it knocked the wind out of Frogpool and Mawgan once again were on top. Frogpool got themselves a goal after a little shimmy from Rappo bought him half a yard and he powered the ball into the corner of the net with the outside of his right foot. 3-1 and a glimmer of hope for frogpool. Then a sickening clash of heads left veteran defender Chris Towell with a big gash in his already funny shaped forehead and forced him to go to hospital for stitches. Mawgan were down to 10 men and were fearing the worst but then Hughes set Holman away through the middle and the little man slid the ball past the keeper to ensure Mawgan took all 3 points.

Thanks to Frogpool for a good game in which there were some good hard challenges and a couple of head injuries but the game was played in the right way, and a quick word on the ref who was excellent.

A quick word on Towler who had to spend the evening in hospital with a suspected fractured skull but in the end it was concusion and stitches. (it was the 1st time i have ever heard him talk sense, it must have been the concusion)

Mac