Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker Ladies 12 FXSU 1

Sticker Ladies playing their first game for over a month faced previous league leaders FXSU who inflicted Stickers only league defeat of this season but were determined that this was not to be their second defeat especially as FXSU arrived with a depleted squad similar to Sticker in their previous encounter. Manager Andy Hoskin however was in no mood to be charitable and with a squad of 14 was determined to go for a win and it is exactly what he got!! 

Sticker started cautiously but with Abby Trudgeon making some impressive runs down the fired in a super shot which smacked off the crossbar and fell nicely for Jemima Hitchings to open the scoring with a neat shot through a pack of players.1-0. Then as so often happens for this slick Sticker Ladies team  it became the Tory Marks show as she added four more goals to make it 5-0 before half time. Prior to Tory's 4th first,  Dani Hay and Morwenna Albury had shots that crashed against the woodwork but Tory showed them how it should be done slotting the ball home. H/T. 5-0. 

The second half started without captain Lauren Bennett who had limped off with a foot injury just before half time but with Jade Martin, Jodie Smith, Annie Richards and the classy Chloe Harris Sticker were left in safe hands. In fact it was Annie that probably scored the goal of the game with a cracker of shot from outside the area into the top corner and not long after added another. 7-0. Tori was not to be denied however and scored another three goals to make it seven for the day and an incredible 34 for the season in only eight games played.10-0. To her great credit though Tory does realise that without the assists from her teammates her tally would not be so high. Manager Andy was making good use of the roll-on roll-off subs and Dani Hay who was desperate to score after her first effort finally got on the scoresheet as did Amber Hadrill with a fine finish directly from a corner. 12-0. Shortly after FXSU got a consolation goal when one of their players got through the Sticker defence and fired in an unstoppable shot which the previously untroubled Angelee Robnson was unable to save. 12-1. With both teams now tiring no more goals were scored and the referee blew for time. F/T.12-1. Manager Andy will be more than pleased with the result and will also feel justified in fielding a full side against a weakened FXSU team! It was good to watch and report on this Sticker ladies team once again as they show some real quality and determination in their play!

Team: A,Robinson, J.Smith, L.Bennett, J.Martin, C.Harris, M.Albury, A.Richards, N.Barros, A.Trudgeon, J.Hitchings, T.Marks. Subs, D.Hay, A.Hadrill, K.Nancarrow.

3 hours ago, razor61 said:

F/T.12-1. Manager Andy will be more than pleased with the result

Well done Razor 61 the only report on this site again, and no wonder the manager was more than pleased, he appears to have assembeled a top team of girls representing the club.
Will they be promoted if they win their current league, if so we have watched a few ladies games in the higher league and the quality of football played reflects that status.    
Good luck with the rest of your season.

I would write a report (in my case, of Liskeard vs Argyle U23s) but I don’t have Razor 61’s gift to describe a football match as brilliantly as he does. All I can say is that it was a very entertaining and competitive game, watched by a crowd of I guess around 50, in which a hard-working Liskeard side earned a hard-fought 1-1 draw with a skilful and well-drilled young Argyle team. Argyle’s goal came midway through the 1st half when their CF got through 1 on 1 with Liskeard’s keeper thanks to an excellent through ball, and Liskeard got their equaliser with a penalty on about 85 mins. Woman of the match was definitely Liskeard’s keeper who must have been well into double figures in terms of match-saving saves - with all due respect to Liskeard, I suspect she should be playing at a higher level. In sum, if you’re not already a spectator of Cornish women’s football, give it a try. 

On 16/01/2022 at 21:15, We Two said:

Well done Razor 61 the only report on this site again, and no wonder the manager was more than pleased, he appears to have assembeled a top team of girls representing the club.
Will they be promoted if they win their current league, if so we have watched a few ladies games in the higher league and the quality of football played reflects that status.    
Good luck with the rest of your season.

Thanks We Two hopefully the girls can get promotion they are also in the quarter final of the cup!

23 hours ago, Lannowethian said:

I would write a report (in my case, of Liskeard vs Argyle U23s) but I don’t have Razor 61’s gift to describe a football match as brilliantly as he does. All I can say is that it was a very entertaining and competitive game, watched by a crowd of I guess around 50, in which a hard-working Liskeard side earned a hard-fought 1-1 draw with a skilful and well-drilled young Argyle team. Argyle’s goal came midway through the 1st half when their CF got through 1 on 1 with Liskeard’s keeper thanks to an excellent through ball, and Liskeard got their equaliser with a penalty on about 85 mins. Woman of the match was definitely Liskeard’s keeper who must have been well into double figures in terms of match-saving saves - with all due respect to Liskeard, I suspect she should be playing at a higher level. In sum, if you’re not already a spectator of Cornish women’s football, give it a try. 

Thanks for the compliment Lannowethian but there is nothing wrong with your report at least you wrote one!I I am trying to promote ladies football as it is more entertaining than the mens and the referees get no abuse. The girls may say the odd expletive but usually to themselves not directed to anyone else. Keep it up then perhaps more will put in some reports!

On 16/01/2022 at 21:48, Lannowethian said:

I'd say that was the best I've seen from Sara despite a few idiots screaming at her from behind the goal.Great return to the team for Keri-Ann Moxon in midfield.