Cornwall Football Forum

Women’s FA Cup 3rd round

Plymouth Argyle 5 Clapton Common 0 (played at Saltash).

A magnificent afternoons entertainment, enhanced by the fantastic away following from London. Think F Troop from Falmouth, double/treble the numbers and non stop chanting and volume and you get what I’m saying. 
Full marks to Clapton, the lowest based (7th tier) ladies team to ever get this far in the Womens FAC. Plymouth, apparently 4 levels higher, were dominant throughout and worthy of the 5 goal winning margin. Physically stronger and fitter, they were good to watch, but much credit to Clapton, they never ever stopped trying and as I say, roared on by a terrific support. Felt sorry for their keeper as she had a blinder yet conceded 5. 
I must mention that on the final whistle, the away fans all chanted “well played Plymouth”, which was just class. 

14 hours ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

I must mention that on the final whistle, the away fans all chanted “well played Plymouth”, which was just class. 

This is one of the reasons that we feel more prominence should be given to the womens game, where dying swan acts on the pitch, and foul mouthed banter off it are at a pemium.
Personally we have taken our 8 year old grandson to womens games in the belief that such behaviour is mostly absent, or maybe we have just been lucky ?

On 13/12/2021 at 10:43, We Two said:

This is one of the reasons that we feel more prominence should be given to the womens game, where dying swan acts on the pitch, and foul mouthed banter off it are at a pemium.
Personally we have taken our 8 year old grandson to womens games in the belief that such behaviour is mostly absent, or maybe we have just been lucky ?

As long as you don't get too close to the players on the pitch as they do let go a few expletives to themselves when they make a mistake!