Cornwall Football Forum

St Lukes Bowl - Tiverton 3 Parkway 1

Much changed and rotated Parkway went out of the St Lukes Bowl last night. The team started with six teenagers in the line up (with five from the Parkway Under 18's), and took an early lead through on loan midfielder Rio Garside (scoring in his third consecutive game). After Callum Rose was forced off injured in the first half, another teenager was introduced, meaning the back four were now all under 18. Inevitably, the Parkway youngsters ran out of steam playing against step 3 opposition, and conceded an equaliser and two late goals. The introduction of the regular first teamers Jack Crago and Matt Andrew was not enough to rescue the result. A game though in which the youngsters didn't look out of place, and showed the work that is going on at the club to develop a youth system and pathway to the first team. Personally, I would like to see the club turning to the  youngsters at the club more often, instead of seeing cover players from elsewhere coming in to fill gaps.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

I fully agree and it looks like Matt cusuck is pushing for that in the future. 
would like to see a few called up to sit on the bench and gain some experience 

is this the first time the under 18s have been used ? I wasn’t really aware that parkway had a set up with a youth side 

A very good under 18's by all accounts. Jacob Smith has featured in a few games for the first team, and Charlie Castlehouse has been on the bench for one match. In the not too distant future, it would be nice to see Parkway have a reserve/development side playing in a senior league (Devon County Step 7 possibly) to keep the more promising players around at Bolitho. Looks like the youth section is starting to thrive at Parkway with sides at all age groups doing well this season.