Cornwall Football Forum

WITHERIDGE 3-0 LAUNCESTON

Withy won their 5th consecutive league game with a comfortable 3-0 win over Launceston. It took only 3 minutes for Withy to take the lead when Phil Everett's superb pass found Steve Ebdy who lobbed the visiting keeper from 25 yards. Launceston almost equalised on the 15 minute mark however Jason O'Brien's effort was superbly tipped onto the post by keeper Steve Johns who again was on fine form. The save proved crucial as within a minute Withy were 2 up after Jon Bradford's corner was headed home by captain Richard Groom. The 2nd half belonged to Witheridge as they played the ball around well and got their reward in the 80th minute when a superb move featuring 5 Withy players ended with Ebdy crossing from wide right for Everett to volley home from 10 yards out. Final Score 3-0

Guest h8ymo

NDD - I've seen it, it's in fiddlers orchard :clapper:

Seriously, "well done" on your current form, as in your only DCL season, it took a while for the ball to start rolling but looks like there is no stopping you now. You dared go where others wouldn't and delighted to see you all being rewarded.

Guest Postie Pidge

I don't know but from what I heard it was a very bad performance! There's a good story along those lines involving Neil Phillips....brave man!

I don't want to take anything away from Witheridge but I can't remember being in such a one sided game where we haven't scored!! Their first two goals came completely against the run of play and were both our mistakes (good finishes mind).

The second half was much the same and their other goal was purely a break away at the end when all but one of our players was in their half. Again, another good finish but it was 2 on 1 and and they couldn't really miss.

1 goal in 5 games just isn't good enough for the Clarets and the saying "possession doesn't guarantee you any points" couldn't have been truer!!

But fair play to Witheridge. Their defence held firm and they got all 3 points.