Cornwall Football Forum

Many thanks to Mike Newcombe

On 10/03/2021 at 16:07, cornishteddyboy said:

Many thanks Mike.

I thought it would be ages until I managed to get any information on this defuct league.

Some info on the St Austell and District League for fellow Stattos.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/staustelldistrictarchive.htm

Anyone anything else on any defuct league for our archive?

I have a couple of press cuttings harking back to the mid sixties these being League tables involving clubs in the Truro & District Sunday League.

The T&DSL could well have been the first organised Sunday League in the County covering seasons 1965 to 1970, details on this league are very sketchy. 

11 hours ago, Foot Loose 1 said:

Do you require any Mining League information as I have Minute books that may have some details.

Yes please. Even though I need tables I was thinking about adding cup matches and team v team scores.

28 minutes ago, David Bray said:

I have a couple of press cuttings harking back to the mid sixties these being League tables involving clubs in the Truro & District Sunday League.

The T&DSL could well have been the first organised Sunday League in the County covering seasons 1965 to 1970, details on this league are very sketchy. 

Any press cuttings may be useful. Until the lockdown is over I can't visit the records office for newspapers. Once there I aim to copy every printed score I can find starting at 1946 onwards. From that we might be able to make partial tables. After that we go back to 1919 onwards. The aim is to have every score from every printed league.

To have a complete written, and hopefully internet record of every league or cup game played in Cornwall. we might not get them all but if we can make up nearly complete results grids we can make up the best final tables we can. 

An archive that will bore the pants off 99.99% of the population but to get it done now while it is in the minds of today's older ex-players. If we don't finish it someone may carry it on. Also from August I will be officially a pensioner so need something to do! 

I wonder if the CFA has some sort of archive where I and others could sit in a corner copying away. To have the old Senior Cup East and West tables would be useful.