Cornwall Football Forum

It was with great sadness that I the manager of the 1st team, along with the Committee took the decision to pull our 1st team with immediate effect from the League on Thursday night. 

I can tell you all it was not an easy decision to make, and as a club we looked at all avenues to continue this season and to keep our Senior status that we have held for 40 plus years, not bad for a small village.

we lost that status only for 1 season about 12 years ago and we bounced straight back the following season.

Yes at that time we rebuilt and we got a new side together( young and from the Local areas and all mates ) and a very good side they ended up being, and if most people our honest probably one of the best sides around the area over that period, for the 10 seasons they were together, I can say as their manager they were a credit to themselves and the Club. 

Winning the Combo for the Clubs very first time, playing in 2 finals, Quarter finals of the Senior Cup only Losing out on Pens to the Winners that season, and coming 2nd in the first season of the SWP League Losing out by only 1 point and playing the last 8 games in 13 days due to bad weather that season. 

Then Last season with Me standing down for reasons I’m not going into and players moving for the big bucks etc the club struggled all season and failed to win a game but Credit to all involved they saw the season out. 

Taking over again this season with a couple of helpers we thought we could get a competitive side together but it didn’t work out as I thought, and unfortunately some of our players we had were not available every week so one week we have a side the next we were struggling for numbers some times only having 5.

Believe me, we as a club tried to keep it going but we failed . BUT we have a committee that will work hard to get the club back on its feet it’s going to take a While but LUDGVAN FOOTBALL CLUB will be back and back Stronger . As a club we will get behind or Trelawny side and rebuild again . 
Thanks to all the players that have played for me and the club over the years and also to the Clubs and players we played against who made the whole experience enjoyable. 

wishing all clubs the very best.

Anthony Hosking -Ludgvan Afc. 

43 minutes ago, Anthony Hosking said:

It was with great sadness that I the manager of the 1st team, along with the Committee took the decision to pull our 1st team with immediate effect from the League on Thursday night. 

I can tell you all it was not an easy decision to make, and as a club we looked at all avenues to continue this season and to keep our Senior status that we have held for 40 plus years, not bad for a small village.

we lost that status only for 1 season about 12 years ago and we bounced straight back the following season.

Yes at that time we rebuilt and we got a new side together( young and from the Local areas and all mates ) and a very good side they ended up being, and if most people our honest probably one of the best sides around the area over that period, for the 10 seasons they were together, I can say as their manager they were a credit to themselves and the Club. 

Winning the Combo for the Clubs very first time, playing in 2 finals, Quarter finals of the Senior Cup only Losing out on Pens to the Winners that season, and coming 2nd in the first season of the SWP League Losing out by only 1 point and playing the last 8 games in 13 days due to bad weather that season. 

Then Last season with Me standing down for reasons I’m not going into and players moving for the big bucks etc the club struggled all season and failed to win a game but Credit to all involved they saw the season out. 

Taking over again this season with a couple of helpers we thought we could get a competitive side together but it didn’t work out as I thought, and unfortunately some of our players we had were not available every week so one week we have a side the next we were struggling for numbers some times only having 5.

Believe me, we as a club tried to keep it going but we failed . BUT we have a committee that will work hard to get the club back on its feet it’s going to take a While but LUDGVAN FOOTBALL CLUB will be back and back Stronger . As a club we will get behind or Trelawny side and rebuild again . 
Thanks to all the players that have played for me and the club over the years and also to the Clubs and players we played against who made the whole experience enjoyable. 

wishing all clubs the very best.

Anthony Hosking -Ludgvan Afc. 

Wishing you all the best in your quest for a return to senior football - was really impressed with the passion of the committee and supporters when you visited us at Polperro last year. With players’ lack of loyalty these days, along with the madness of money at this level, this could happen to any club. Ludgvan won’t be the last