Cornwall Football Forum

Who’s favourites for the title?

I really think St Mawgan getting the better of St Dennis is a massive hint as to who will be in amongst it come May

My favourites are St Mawgan, close game yesterday and with St Dennis’ games in hand it will be those two at the top. St Stephen will no doubt go until the end but I can see St Dennis bringing a lot of players in from other places or their senior team, especially all of these evening fixtures of local derbies in place. No doubt favours a team like st Dennis, no surprise to see them postpone so many games through the season for this to happen on purpose. 

My money is on St Mawgan. But St Dennis to push all the way. And St Stephens third but winning a cup in the process 

14 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

According to all reports St Stephen don't warm up before any game......however I'm sure Dave Grose will confirm that they have at least 4 pints in their personal match build up! I'm sure 8 quid can confirm!

5 pints for coady 3 for cowboy was wot it was wen I was there,think jase is permanently on the lash tho lol

think that it's an open league mid table up. All teams are decent on their day but beaten on off days, think Veryan have been good, don't fancy St Dennis winning the league but are gritty/experienced and have some ammo to bring in. North Petherwin no idea what they bring to the table but they have had some good results

• 1 month later...

Re-igniting this thread.

Duchy Premier is heating up now with recent results.

Veryan looking in full control with points on the board and a couple of winnable games left.
Torpoint turning up the heat maybe a little too late?
St Stephen dropping a few points recently against 'lesser sides'?
Petheryn within touching distance of he top.
St Mawgan may of just missed out with past couple of months results which is a shame.

Emphatic end to the season I reckon. Could it go down to the last day? I am very excited about this.

Yes , very exciting. I wonder if fixture build up might be an issue for some teams?

Foxhole playing well could have an influence as could Lostwithiel. Both strong sides. Given the GD Torpoint need Veryan to lose a game. Then it would be down to whether St Stephens can get 9 pts from 12. All to play for. All quality teams.

I'd have to say it's still very much in St Stephens hands, the result last night has put a little extra pressure on them though. I was very surprised with them exiting the KMD Cup also. Their deserved victory in the Junior Cup proves that they are a top side and should have the experience to see things out. Veryan have been extremely steady all season through, they have some tough remaining fixtures, will St Dennis bring in an additional 1 or 2? As for Torpoint, the start of the season looks like it may be the kick in the teeth. The current form of the lads is right up there and we'll put as much pressure on as we can.

I have been surprised to see North Petherwin and St Mawgan drop off the past month or so, they looked the real in-form sides not too long ago.

Regardless, I think it'll be some run in for the remaining weeks with fixtures still piled up. Hopefully everyone will be able to raise sides (sometimes easier said than done).

Veryan winning 2-1 last night means 1 game left and a draw would suffice to claim at least 2nd spot.

St Stephen would need a total collapse to lose the league but who knows!

Torpoints late surge has been impressive and had they maybe won 1 more game rather than drawn then may have nicked league or finished RU but there is still games to play and any of those 3 can technically win it but its in the Jnr Cup champions' hands