Cornwall Football Forum

launceston v plymouth argyle

i took a visit to launceston yesterday to watch this game ,just watching the teams warming up looking at the pitch i was amazed that the game was actually on .and when play started this pitch just got worse and worse , plymouth was 2,0 up at half time and i over heard the manager asking the ref to call this game of as the pitch was dangerous and getting unplayable . teams returned for the second half to my amazment to continue , terrible football to watch conditions  . getting worse by the minute very dangerous for both sets of players thank god there was no injuries, how this ref allowed this game to start or even see 90 minutes through on this pitch is totally beyond me , 

It also makes sense now as to how Launceston managed to walk away with a draw - not being disrespectful, but on a flat dry pitch Argyle will beat most - on a wet, boggy windy pitch - a lot is evened up. Well done to both teams though to get the fixture completed. 

And the ref for giving it a go too!

Launceston were happy going by their twitter comment yesterday evening : "The Clarets drew 2-2 today vs Argyle Res. In very difficult conditions Launceston played some great stuff and showed great character. COYC"

In contrast, I suspect Argyle will have said goodbye to any outside chance of the title!

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

And the ref for giving it a go too!

sorry to say but the ref got it wrong to start with this game should of never been played ,players studs was sinking 3 inches plus into the ground on some spots .or should i of said boots loll.

Sidelines1 you ain't anything to do with argyle are you?. You lot moaned as soon as u turned up, I agree pitch was not in great conditions. At times launceston played some great football on a awful pitch and out played argyle. The young jack Alexander had the pro Gary Miller in his pocket for the whole of first half. Credit where it's due. Launcestons latest results says it all. They have a good squad down there. 

whisperer i am actually falmouth how can you judge players on a cow field like that if the pitch was in good condition the result would have been the same as when they played argyle at coach road , and as for gary miller he has just come back from injury and not an ideal pitch to return ,