Cornwall Football Forum

Vets KO Cup Final / League 22nd May

Congratulations to St Dennis on the cup win. Commiserations to Downderry Rovers. Both are great teams to play against.

A Friendly result from today, Constantine 4 Packhorse 0.

Packhorse took a bare eleven and no recognised centre forward or 'keeper. But it was a great match, played with enthusiasm and energy. Constantine are a great bunch and if they join the league next season, they will deliver a few upsets, I'm sure.

Many thanks to Rob and Constantine for hosting and laying on a BBQ afterwards. With a double cheese burger with onions going at £1.50, there were chants of "can we play you every week" on the drive home!

A memorable day in the end for some of us drawing an end to our vets playing days at St Dennis. Downderry who were understrengthed and made us work for it as they always do. We were very poor first half and had a rocket up are bums half time. Gave us the reaction we need and managed to get two early goals in the second half to win the match. Delighted with the league and cup double throughly enjoyed playing there for last 4-5 years with a real decent bunch of lads, no superstars, just a team that like playing together.

Congrats to St Dennis, fully deserved victory from 2 great deliveries, it isn't often Trucker misses from that distance (at least not against me over the years!). I suppose it was a bit much to ask for us to keep up the level we'd had in the first half, and you did catch us a bit cold after the restart. Unfortunately we couldn't take the chance we had straight after your first goal, it may have given us the lift we needed to hold out for penalties!!! As always it was an enjoyable game to play in even if it wasn't the result we'd have hoped for. I always have plenty to do against you guys, but I tend to ache a bit further into the next week than I used to do! :wacko:

I hope the guys stopping vets football enjoy what they do next.