Cornwall Football Forum

SHELDON MITCHELL 5 A SIDE TOURNAMENT

Mark Leah

St Day host their annual 5 aside competition in honour of Sheldon Mitchell and hopefully another cracking competition is in store.

This year it has been set to be held on the Sunday 9th August at Vogue Park in St Day. Games will be commencing at 10:30am. However, teams must be entered and registered by 10am for the draw and like most competitions there will be group stages followed by knockouts.

Refreshments and food will be available at the ground and can we ask all players to wear either trainers or moulded boots unless the weather is wet and therefore normal studs may be worn.

Entry is £20 per team and should be either cash or a cheque (Made payable to St Day AFC) sent to a Sir Adrian Walters (Ashcroft, 80 Mount Ambrose, Redruth, TR15 1QR) or email me with your teams details and form to gain your place. Forms and all information can be found at the following link... http://www.stdayafc.co.uk/tournaments/5-side-adult/

This year the club will be hosting an extension to the Dave Searle Youth Club (Played on Saturday 8th U7s-U10s) and hosting an U12s Pitch and an U13s Pitch on the Sunday. Therefore the adults section could be reduced to 2 pitches and therefore can only carter for up to 14 teams, so enter quickly to avoid disappointment.

Kindest Regards

Mark

Sheldon, there was a character. My first experience with him was running the line (I was) He called me a cheat!!!!!!

I don't have that from any-one, told him to move.... or the flag was going somewhere painful for him, he apologised.

Got on with him, and his boy Terry, for many years after that. Memories.

Terry was a decent player too, scored a few goals in his time.

• 3 weeks later...