Cornwall Football Forum

match tonight

Guest plainmoor

Guest plainmoor

Seeing as I'm working way down west for a day or two, I though I'd hang around and catch the penzance v wadebridge match tonight, is this the highest standard football happening tonight down this way or is there another one on somewhere.

Tony.

Guest Cornishdave1980

Another good result for Port, looks like Gary has created a very decent team this year scoring lots of goals must be entertaining to watch and by all accounts they didn't disgrace them selves against Bittin.

:clapper:

A tad unkind Mike !

We have taken a decision though to only list fixtures and results from "first team matches" these are league fixtures in all 3 Divisions, the league (Throgmorton) Cup, The FA Cup, The FA Vase and the "senior County cup competition" for each side - that being the FA's wording.

I reality the "Senior Cup competition is :

The Cornwall Senior Cup for all 22 Cornish teams in both Premier & Div 1 West

The Devon St Lukes Bowl for the 11 Devon based teams in Premier

The Devon Premier Cup for 16 sides in Div 1 East plus Vospers from Div 1 West.

1 side, the University of Exeter, do not enter any County Cup.

Other Cups, like the Durning Lawrence and many similar ones in Devon like the Torridge, Axminster Hospital etc etc plus other comps clubs enter such as the BUSA games of Exeter University, are not listed as they are not actually first team games as such, they are entered by clubs voluntarily and have no precedence over fixtures and for players serving match suspensions they do not count.

Also it is felt that once you list 1 of these cups then you have to list them all and thats just not practical