Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin Towns Annual Sportsman's Dinner 20th February 2015 - John Hartson

I James Chapman the Chairman of Bodmin Town Football Club would officially like to invite you and guests to our annual Sportsman’s Dinner.

We arrange the Dinner every year to raise money for the running of Bodmin Town FC this year in particular is crucial as we aim to update all the facilities at Priory Park. The money raised from this night will go some way to help achieve our objections for the forthcoming 2015/16 season which include total refurbishment of the main stand, Security fencing around the perimeter of the football pitches at Priory Park, 8 aside artificial training pitch with floodlights and also refurbishment of the existing floodlights , the cost of these projects will be approximately £200000 of which we have secured significant funding from the FAs facility improvement scheme but not enough to cover it all so please I urge you to attend this excellent fun filled evening.

Tables for the event are £425 for 10 people.
Individual tickets are £45.00

The special guest speakers on the evening will be

Former Pro footballer and BBC Pundit John Hartson

And Comedian

This is a Black tie and dinner dress affair and we ask that you are at the venue(cliff head Hotel Carlyon Bay) for 19.30 pm for a 20.00 sitting

The price of the ticket includes a 3 course meal with wine on the table

Games include heads and tails, Irish Bingo and Red card yellow card

Charity Auction with lots of sporting memorabilia up for grabs

I hope very much that you will try and make this fun filled evening and help Bodmin Town Football club achieve our goals

We have lots of interest so far and recommend that you secure your table as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment

Please reply with numbers to Jamesc@aardvarkconsulting.co.uk or contact me on 07581100471

In the 60s and 70s the council had absolute power over the ground. Match day referees would pass the ground fit but the council would come and cancel games even with the teams there and ready. On one occasion Bodmin and Tavistock had to change at Priory then make their way to Coldharbour after the interfering council got involved.