Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL v VERWOOD TOWN - SAT 06TH DECEMBER 3.00pm KO - FA VASE 3rd ROUND

Good luck to the lads on Saturday. I am sure that they will not be complacent due to Verwood being much lower down the Wessex League Premier Division table than Folland Sports. Is Jordan Dingle suspended for this match following his red card in the previous round ?

I checked on the winning runs in 1968-69 the last time we won the league, the best run was 10, somewhat shorter than the current 16.

Brokes is for 5 yellows apparently and the suspension just happens to be this weekend. Jordans is for the sending off at Folland.

Will make the task harder being without both central midfielders and Slates also an injury doubt. Be interesting to see what Laffs does with the team!

Should be a great game and expecting a big crowd.

Brokes is for 5 yellows apparently and the suspension just happens to be this weekend. Jordans is for the sending off at Folland.Will make the task harder being without both central midfielders and Slates also an injury doubt. Be interesting to see what Laffs does with the team!Should be a great game and expecting a big crowd.

Yes Tony lets hope for a big crowd and another win. I am sure our strong squad will be good enough to cover Ollie and Jordan being absent . The lads will be up for it.

From the Wessex League site it seems Verwoods last game saw a 1-0

home defeat in front of a crowd of.............20!

In general, attendances in that league - Step 5, one above SWLP, are dreadful.

Folland Sports must have been delighted with our away following a fortnight ago! All the extra cash coming in at the turnstile, tea bar, club house etc.

I was impressed with St Austell and very disappointed with Verwood Town, they were a poor team. The first St Austell goal, Liam Eddy was miles offside and the linesman wasn't up with play to flag. I doubt it would have made a difference though as St Austell were better in every department and the fifth goal was pure quality. Verwood's effort (their only shot on target?) was also a fine finish. St Austell deserved to go though and it looks as though Falmouth will have a difficult evening on Wednesday on this showing.....