Cornwall Football Forum

Help needed (again) 1973/74 season (SWL)

I have all the results for this season but there are errors as they don't tally up with some club records. Ideally Penzance, Porthleven, Newquay and Tavistock or Liskeard records should solve the problem.

Bugle 0-1 Newquay. When was it played?

Tavistock vs Newquay. Was it 0-2 or 1-2 and when was it played?

Truro City vs Porthleven. Was it 1-0 and was it played on 19/05/74?

Penzance had 3 goals deducted from their final record but that still leaves me with one more goal then I should have.

Liskeard have conceded one more goal then what my results show.

If anyone has any club records for this season I could do with their help. I have all the results (according to the West Briton. I’m confident that the records of :

Falmouth Town

Saltash United

St Blazey

Bodmin Town

Holsworthy

St Austell

Torpoint Athletic

Bugle

St Lukes College

Are all correct

Penzance played St Lukes College in the first week of October 1974. Penzance maintained their unbeaten record with a 4-1 victory. Goalscorers were Malcolm Lock, Tony Kellow (2) and myself. The following week they defeated Tavistock 2-0, goalscorers Malcolm Lock and Geoff Lee. This information taken from the Exeter City programme on 26th October, 1974.

The Bugle game was on Saturday, 21 September when the Magpies won by 5 goals to nil, goalscorers were Kellow (3), Willie Thomas and Geoff Lee.

John-I noticed the name of Tony Kellow in your notes and wondered if you had his goal record for Penzance that season 1974-75?

It would be good to compile his record in Cornwall before his Professional career.

1968-69 Falmouth Docks (which CTB might be able to collate in due course)

1969-73 Penzance?

1973-74 Falmouth Town 63 goals

1974-75 Penzance

1975-76 Falmouth Town 62 goals

I have all the results for this season but there are errors as they don't tally up with some club records. Ideally Penzance, Porthleven, Newquay and Tavistock or Liskeard records should solve the problem.

Bugle 0-1 Penzance. When was it played?

Penzance vs St Lukes College. Was it 0-0 and was it played on 01/04/74?

Tavistock vs Newquay. Was it 0-2 or 1-2 and when was it played?

Tavistock vs Wadebridge. Was it 0-2 or 0-3?

Truro City vs Porthleven. Was it 1-0 and was it played on 19/05/74?

Penzance had 3 goals deducted from their final record but that still leaves me with one more goal then I should have.

Liskeard have conceded one more goal then what my results show.

If anyone has any club records for this season I could do with their help. I have all the results (according to the West Briton. I’m confident that the records of :

Falmouth Town

Saltash United

St Blazey

Bodmin Town

Holsworthy

St Austell

Torpoint Athletic

Bugle

St Lukes College

Are all correct

I would really appreciate St Austell's results from that season, as I am trying to find the results between 1969-89.

Penzance played St Lukes College in the first week of October 1974. Penzance maintained their unbeaten record with a 4-1 victory. Goalscorers were Malcolm Lock, Tony Kellow (2) and myself. The following week they defeated Tavistock 2-0, goalscorers Malcolm Lock and Geoff Lee. This information taken from the Exeter City programme on 26th October, 1974.

The Bugle game was on Saturday, 21 September when the Magpies won by 5 goals to nil, goalscorers were Kellow (3), Willie Thomas and Geoff Lee.

Thanks John but you're on about 1974/75.

I found out that the Penzance vs St Lukes College was on Monday 01/04/74 and it was 1-1 not 0-0. The College played Porthleven the following night and lost 0-1, their third 0-1 defeat in four days having lost by that score at Falmouth on the Saturday and Liskeard on the Sunday.

My biggest problem are the Porthleven results, I need to lose about three goals from somewhere!

And Mike, as Falmouth seemed to be wholly Plymouth based, despite his obvious talent and skill and the fact he lived within walking distance of the ground, it took a while for the club to realise. Why did he leave in 1974?

I made a mistake with Truro City vs Porthleven. I need the score and date and find a way to delete three Porthleven goals scored and lose another goal conceded if they did indeed lose 0-1 as I first thought. It's done my head in for tonight so I'll pick it up later in the morning. :SM_carton:

After another try at calculating the 1973/74 results, this I hope is the final issue of problems:

Liskeard's goals for is one out

Wadebridge's goals against is one out

Could it be that on 29/09/73 Liskeard 1-2 Wadebridge could be 1-3? (Wadebridge 1-1 Liskeard was the other game)

St Lukes College have scored and conceded one too many goals.

Tavistock vs Newquay was an away win.

Newquay's records say it was 2-1

Tavistock's records say it was 2-0.

I'm satisfied that the win-draw-lose records are accurate but in trying to correct this, I don't know where to start.