Cornwall Football Forum

Arsene Wengers star on the wane ?

stevieb

Could it be that the time has come for arsene to retire at the end of the season ? The team has lost it's way and his motivation of the players has gone , it would be an end of an era , but all good things come to an end , we have a fantastic stadium , no money worries and a fantastic training complex ,, but the club needs to progress on the pitch , which sadly we have not , the fans can blame injuries , but we haven't recruited the players we needed defensive mid and centre half , we sold two vermalen, Miguel sent jenkinson on loan but only bought chambers and debouchy , three out two in ? Passed upon cesc when arteta flamini and rosicky are creaking gates , diaby injured yet again , poldi and Campbell can't get a look in , in my opinion he should have gone on a high after the fa cup , and be remembered for what he has done for arsenal football club , he might tarnish his great respect by gunners fans if he tries to hang on , the rumbling from the fans is discontent , even some banners wenger out are appearing , see other arsenal sites

Not a great afternoon for gooners , the pressure is building on the board and management , changes at all levels will be needed , will have to wait until the end of the season , I can see usmanov buying more shares to get on the board or to take control , the club is standing still on the pitch, injuries ,? Yes but should have a squad to cover these , so much for the medical staff

Injuries have been over the top and there is no denying it. I'm not saying the results still aren't disappointing but there is no doubt the roster has been gutted all season with injuries. Not an excuse, plain fact. Make a change at manager, fine, but not many teams would do well with more starters in the training room than on the pitch.

Yes agree injuries have an effect on selection , but not having cover is another , example letting go Sagna, vermalen , jenkinson (loan) Miguel , bringing in Chambers, Debouchy four defenders out two in doesn't add up , Diaby kept a shame as he had potential but his injuries have caught up with him (like Eduardo) , arteta getting older like Flamini , Rosicky had injuries problems for a while given a new contract but doesn't get picked , Arsene is loyal to the players , to loyal , Sanchez is a cracking signing but more was needed of this calibre , , there are problems at the club fans fighting each other , no protests allowed in the emirates( banners confiscated) , go on any Arsenal site and fans are split , Arsene has been great for the club but perhaps he should have stepped down after the fa cup , for him to go mid season is no good for the club , but perhaps he needs to be moved upstairs or leave at the end of the season , the fans want more than 4th each season they want a team to challenge for the league , but at present we are as far away as we have ever been , change is needed at all levels from the board down , the team has stagnated other teams don't fear playing the gunners , Arsene when he came to England was a breath of fresh air and he pushed the club to another level , but now the other top teams have caught on to his ideas and have surpassed them , the same shout will go up well city and chelskie have bought success but the move to the emirates was to put in place being able to compete now the stadium is nearly paid , the club pays good wages now so why should the fans put up with top prices but not value for money ?

• 1 month later...

Fans having a go about today's result Arsenes love in having a rocky spell again , watched the first half and thought we did OK but according to reports the spuds deserved the win , Kane is having a fantastic season ( sticks in the throat) must be in with a chance of being the PFA young player,

Agree Keith we need an old style capt one that will grab the players by the stuff and kick them up the jacksie when needed ,and agree with you on Walcott should have started his pace would have given spurs something to think about , but Arsene is the boss and that is why he is one of the highest paid managers in the prem league ,trouble is some players don't see a North London derby like the fans as many have not come through the youth system ,to them another game to the fans something you can have pleasure in taking the Mick out of your opponents

The Sp*rs loss was extra tough because we were just outplayed. I've seen too many ties and losses where we own possession but just can't score and/or give up stupid goals. This game was different. Still hopeful when Alexis returns but top 4, which for me THIS season is still good enough, is all the tougher after that loss. 

Good draw for Arsenal. This is a game we can win for sure. I truly believe that Arsenal are currently a better team than United, and can win this game. Hopefully injuries will not ruin our chances. If both teams have fully fit squads, my money is on Arsenal.

mangle we owe them a beating but could go either way depends on Rooney staying on his feet and a strong ref needed

Oh dear another home defeat Monaco with 3 away goals champs league over for another season , already the inquest into Arsene and his team , better stick my head in a bucket ,how wrong was ,I predicted 2-0 to the gunners good job I am not a betting man, glad tonight I don't have SKY

Homer and Mangle the Just Arsenal site is in bullish mood lots of Wenger out posts ,and several fans were at the game ,here we go again we can't beat the better teams , in Europe or at home ,the problem seems to be the spine of the team from keeper to the forward , surely the highest paid manager in England should have addressed this a long time ago ? Forget injuries which we have loads every year ,but more steel is needed

Disappointing result today. I won't watch until later due to work.

But hey, Arsene trophy still better than where the Spurs plan to finish.

is that nailed on? Could a season out of the champs league make the management. /board buck up their ideas ? Perhaps complacency has crept in at this level

• 2 weeks later...