Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Saturday Nov 15th 2014

Recommended Posts

For posting results, scorers and post-match comments

KMD Developments KO Cup
Grampound 0v1 Biscovey
Lostwithiel 4v0 AFC Bodmin
Saltash United 1v2 Padstow United
St Stephen 3v2 St Minver
Sticker 3v1 Gunnislake
Bodmin Sports Trophies Duchy League Cup
Delabole United 2v3 Lanreath
High Street 2v4 Kilkhampton
Lanivet Inn AvA St Merryn - Abandoned
Lifton 2v0 Southgate
St Breward 9v1 Packhorse Athletic
St Teath 2v4 Boscastle
Tregrehan Mills 0v12 Veryan
The Reserve Team Cup
Godolphin Atlantic Res 17v0 St Newlyn East Reserves
St Cleer Reserves 0v1 Grampound Reserves
St Minver Reserves 4v2 St Dennis Res
Premier Division
Lamerton 6v1 St Dominick
North Petherwin 3v3 St Columb Major
Division 1
LC Phoenix PvP St Cleer
Division 2
Gerrans & St Mawes Utd 3v0 North Hill
St Neot 2v6 Holywell & Cubert

Division 3
Gorran 2v6 St Stephen Res
Tintagel 3v4 Queens Rangers
Tregony 5v1 North Petherwin Res
Division 4
Rame Peninsula 2v3 Pelynt Reserves
Wadebridge Town 1v2 Mevagissey

Division 5
Boscastle Reserves 0v5 Real Saltash
Padstow United Res 9v2 Pensilva
Week St Mary PvP Saltash United Res
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tregony 5 north p 1 goals from Kev Beel jake foster 2 Harry wilsher2 good game some great goals!gary Cornish reffed and was surperb as always!tregony pleased to put on a good performance donning there new kit sponsored by fal fish and also just perfection new post and nets big squad and new signing 43year old kempy welcome to tregs f c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KO cup Sticker 3-1 Gunnislake AET. Searle,Boardman 2(1 pen) for the Sticky.

Credit to Gunnislake who turned up with the bare 11 but worked their socks off and made it hard for us to break them down, but when we did it was a fantastic passing move and great running from Matt Searle that opened them up for Matt to slot home, 1-0 HT. They scored with a superb individual strike straight from the start of the second half but didn't really threaten us again. In the end our passing football wore them down and we the got the goals our domination deserved, and although it took us until the second half of extra time, I think we deserved the win. We now look forward to the next round(home draw please lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lamerton 6-1 St Dominic

St Dominic had 8 players today and actually took the lead through Kieran Fedrick. It was 2-1 for 60 minutes before fatigue took its toll and lamerton eventually added to their tally. I can't fault my players today everyone worked their socks off especially my young keeper. Well done lads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Biscovey are through to the third round of the KMD Developments Knock Out Cup after a 1-0 win at Grampound. Both sides hit the bar in the opening ten minutes but the expected open game soon reverted to a close dour game of few chances. Biscovey took one that came their way through Matthew Starkie-Old.

Tie of the round was at Saltash where Premier leaders Padstow United won 2-1. Saltash with six 16 year olds in their team matched their rivals throughout and a close game could have easily gone either way as the game flowed from end to end. Shaun Cleary scored the home goal, but the league’s form side moved through with goals from Kyle Tippett and Sean Blows.

St.Stephen beat St.Minver 3-2 in a great cup game which only really started after St Minver struck the bar in the 30th minute, it had been a slow game until then. St.Minver took the lead in the 41st minute through a penalty that had to be retaken for players infringing in the area Cory Cleaves scoring both times past a diving Mathew Grigg. In the second half St Stephen came out with a far more positive manner and after only four minutes drew level through a curling shot from just inside the area from Richard Avery who then put St Stephen in front with his second goal with a right foot shot from outside the box in the 69th minute. The goal of the game from Craig Coad came in the 82nd minute when he sent a bending shot over the St Minver keepers head into the roof of the net, but St Minver fought back and four minutes from time pulled a goal back from close range scored by Callum Wilson. St.Minver applied the pressure and came close a few more times but St Stephen held out for a great win.

Sticker were taken to extra time before beating Gunnislake 3-1. Sticker got their usual passing game going throughout the first half but only had a single goal to show for their efforts. On twenty-five minutes a lovely through ball from Ashley Koppelow found Matt Searle running through to smash the ball home. The visitors rocked the home side within twenty seconds of the restart after a quickly taken throw in was scored from a very acute angle by Glen Tremblett. Gunnislake more than held their own for the rest of the half and there was no further scoring. In the first period of extra time Searle became provider as he put Jack Boardman through to double the Sticker tally. Boardman made the game safe with a penalty in the second period.

Lostwithiel reached the third round beating AFC Bodmin 4-0. Josh Cook opened the scoring in the second minute. There was no further coring before half time although Lostwithiel missed from a penalty kick. Cook went on to complete a hat trick in the second half with Martyn Jones scoring the fourth.

In a Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup second round tie St.Breward took a 2-1 lead just before half time against Packhorse Athletic and then overran their opponents after the break to win 9-1. Matthew Pavey hit a hat trick with Karl Croft adding a brace. Luke Richards, Dave Ord, Wayne Davey and Martin Jago completed the home scoring with Daley McErlain getting the visitors consolation.

Boscastle progressed with a 4-2 win at St.Teath. Boscastle bossed the opening twenty minutes with Matt Pethick with a good header from a corner eventually giving them the lead. Although still on top the visitors failed to add to their advantage before the break. Some harsh words in the home dressing room had the desired effect and Craig Thompson equalised right after the restart. Boscastle regained the lead within minutes when Jake Dickinson fired into the top corner and on the hour he scored again following a goal mouth scramble. Jonny Strout gave St.Teath hope when pulling a goal back from just inside the halfway line but with the hosts pushing for an equaliser Dickinson caught them on the break to complete his hat trick.

Division Five leaders Kilkhampton upset previously unbeaten Division Four High Street with a 4-2 away win. Calvin Parnell, Luke Darke, Tom Shadrick and Lee Gardiner were the visitor’s marksmen. Ben Prynne and Stuart Kesson-Smith replied for High Street.

Lanreath scored their first win of the season as they travelled to Delabole and put out the host club 3-2. Star of the day was Connor Bone who scored a hat trick with Glen Burrell and Dean Favreau replying for Delabole.

Lifton are through after beating Southgate Seniors 2-0. Dan O’Donovan and Tom Hancock scored their goals.

Veryan travelled to Par Track to inflict a 12-0 on Tregrehan Mills as they move effortlessly into round three.

The tie between Lanivet Inn and St.Merryn was abandoned after 55 minutes as heavy half time rain made the surface unplayable. St.Merryn were leading 2-0 at the time.

Reserve Cup holders Godolphin Atlantic reserves are through to the semi-finals after they overwhelmed St.Newlyn East reserves 17-0. James Prieto-East and Calum Faulkner scored four goals apiece with Harrie Tilston adding a hat trick and Dylan Rodgers a brace. Matt Lippett, Jack Scott, Will Hargreaves all scored once and surprisingly leading scorer Kevin McHugh also only found the target once although he claimed six assists.

Grampound reserves won 1-0 at St.Cleer reserves. Amazingly the home side created 29 chances to the visitors three with the one that counted followed a corner finished off by Rob Sharpe. The main factor behind the visitors win was a solid display by the Grampound back three that restricted those chances to half-chances.

St.Minver reserves are starting to find some form and they moved into the last four beating St.Dennis reserves 4-2. Joe Robinson, Ben Cleave, Rob Green and Mike Green scored for St.Minver with Bradley Allen and Stuart Bell replying.

In the Premier Division North Petherwin and St.Columb Major drew three all. The game was played on a sodden surface and was lucky to survive until the end. Josh Sanders scored a brace with Tim Robinson adding the other home goal. St.Columb gained a very welcome point with goals from Steve Martin, Ash Bicknell and Scott Wheadon.

St.Dominick only had eight players for their visit to Lamerton. A ninth turned up late and was sent off ten minutes after joining the field so it was a very sad day for the club. Lamerton won 6-1. Tony Jones, James Steer, Simon Breyley, Blair Vanstone, Richard Searle and Simon Kelly scored a goal apiece with Kieran Fedrick getting the visitors consolation.

Gerrans & St.Mawes United beat ten man North Hill 3-0 to move away from the lower reaches of Division Two. The visitors only travelled with ten giving the hosts an easier day than expected. Nick Webb scored a brace with Ollie Growcott-Smith getting the other goal.

St.Neot were beaten 6-2 at home by Holywell/Cubert Athletic with Simon Holmes snatching a hat trick. Lee Mann, Mike Deacy and James Nettleton completed the visitors tally with Dan Chapman and James Bateman replying for St.Neot.

Gorran put out a strong team for their Division Three match with St.Stephen reserves but put in a well below par performance to lose 6-2 on a very wet surface. Dean Robinson and James Allen scored a brace apiece for St.Stephen with Jack Mingo and Anouar Jamai completing their tally. Jack Bray-Smith scored both home goals.

Tregony beat North Petherwin reserves 5-1. Jake Foster scored a brace with Kieran Davey, Kevin Beel and Harry Willshaw adding a goal apiece. John Sweeting scored the visitors reply.

Queens Rangers won by the odd goal in seven at Tintagel. Casey Laity and Wade Laity scored a brace apiece for Queens with Adam Price and a Sean Keeble brace replying for Tintagel.

When your luck is out nothing runs for you as Wadebridge found out when beaten at home by a last minute winner by Mevagissey. The Division Four strugglers were level at one all when a controversial last minute free kick was fired in for a winner from Bruce Campbell. Earlier Aaron Worth of Wadebridge had traded goals with Matt Chesterfield.

Rame Peninsula were beaten 3-2 at home by Pelynt reserves. Dave Palmer and Laurentiu Dima were the home scorer’s.

Padstow United reserves bounced back to top form with a stunning 9-2 defeat of Pensilva in Division Five. With the ground only just passing an inspection the hosts played extremely well to record this big win. Pensilva travelled with a bare eleven and although battling hard throughout were eventually blown away. Tom Hull scored a hat trick with the other goals shared between Adam Jobe, Martin Murt, Danny O’Flynn, Ben Prendiville, Dave Trestain and an own goal. Adam Parry scored both Pensilva consolations.

Real Saltash had another good away win beating Boscastle reserves 5-0. Paul Shannon and James Mason scored a brace apiece with leading scorer Wayne Skeldon adding their other goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good game at st Stephen today st minver took the lead through a pen which looked to be a foul outside the box in 2nd half st Stephen went 3-1 ahead which was no less than deserved with st minver scoring once more before the end.

coady u 4got 2 mention jimmers kamikaze lunge cost US the pen lol we deserved the win tbh st minger can't argue n their capytan can't argue wiv his red card!!we might b doin poo in the league but a good cup run is on the cards well done 2 orchy in midfield 4 US 2day 48 yrs young n still mixing it with the rest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reserve Team Cup Quarter Final

St Cleer Res 0-1 Grampound Res

St Cleer almost took the lead after 5 mins, but Ryan Henderson in the Grampound goal came to the away team's aid. Grampound went 1-0 up after 20 mins when Rob Sharpe scored a trademark header from a corner. Billy Powell had a good shot tipped onto the St Cleer crossbar and also picked out the St Cleer keeper from close range when through on goal. Moments later Sharpe had a header clearly handled off the line by a St Cleer player but it was missed by the referee.

10 mins into the 2nd half Henderson was beaten in the Grampound goal, only for Jules Woodman to stop the ball on the line. After 70 mins substitute Matt Skews blazed a sitter over the bar from 4 yards when it seemed easier to make the score 2-0. St Cleer pressed hard for an equaliser, but never troubled the Grampound keeper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duchy league cup

Tregrehen mills 0 : 12 veryan

Veryan found goal scoring form as they eased there way in to the next round of the league cup! Tregrehen mills were wivout a few of there regular players for this encounter! Goals were scored by dan vincent 4 justin trebilcock 3 kai pearce 1 alex pearce 1 andrew pearce 1 liam cope 1 an bobbly lee johns 1! A special mention to the ref alan howells which had a superb game kept the game flowing an explained every decision. Mom kai pearce aka ken! Scoring a great header an having an outstanding game at the heart of our defence!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...