Cornwall Football Forum

ref needed sat 15th

They are allowed to object but this doesn't mean they are always right! The arrogance that goes hand in hand with some of them is both cringeworthy and embarrassing at times especially when others get sight of what actually happened! John you must of seen this locally too surly you're not oblivious?

Criticism is the word.......

Is this the problem now - ref v player? It use to be the two working together for the sake of the game, I'm not so sure now! Dave - from my experience it is very much the other way, player v referee! Are referee's not allowed to object?

I just happened to type ref first, but it is actually

ref v player

Player v ref

Player v player

Everyone needs to get back to thinking why you do it - presumably to enjoy it!

Criticism is the word.......

Is this the problem now - ref v player? It use to be the two working together for the sake of the game, I'm not so sure now!Dave - from my experience it is very much the other way, player v referee! Are referee's not allowed to object? I just happened to type ref first, but it is actually

ref v player

Player v ref

Player v player

Everyone needs to get back to thinking why you do it - presumably to enjoy it!

I agree with you there Dave ?

Steve, I am experienced enough to know to look out for the types of things that some inexperienced referees miss. Lol but at the end of the day just want players to play a game on a saturday.

Paul of course you would know what to look for as we played together for a few seasons ha ha

Because the referee course is mainly learning the theory of the laws of the game how about doing the course via emails. Each week you learn the lessons and answer a mini quiz at the end of each week. You only do the written and oral exams at Bodmin or were ever.

It's a shame the mini quiz couldn't be made public so we could all have a go at them to see how much of the technical stuff we actually do know!

Because the referee course is mainly learning the theory of the laws of the game how about doing the course via emails. Each week you learn the lessons and answer a mini quiz at the end of each week. You only do the written and oral exams at Bodmin or were ever.

It's a shame the mini quiz couldn't be made public so we could all have a go at them to see how much of the technical stuff we actually do know!

The course is mainly practical now, with the theory side (i.e. Reading the laws of the game) taking place as part of the home study.