Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday Oct 25th 2014

Recommended Posts

For posting your results, scorers and post-match comments

Premier Division
Lostwithiel 4v2 St Stephen
North Petherwin 1v1 Torpoint Athletic
Padstow United 0v0 Lamerton
Saltash United PvP St Dominick
St Columb Major 1v2 Pelynt
St Newlyn East 2v5 Looe Town

Division 1
AFC Bodmin 0v0 Edgcumbe FC
Altarnun 4v0 Grampound
Biscovey 6v1 St Cleer
Godolphin Atlantic 0v6 Foxhole Stars
St Mawgan 1v3 LC Phoenix
St Minver 6v3 Premier Sixes

Division 2
Gerrans & St Mawes Utd 1v1 St Dennis
Gunnislake PvP St Neot
Holywell and Cubert 0v5 Sticker
North Hill 3v3 Lifton
Packhorse Athletic 3v4 Callington Town
Stoke Climsland 3v1 Calstock

Division 3
Grampound Reserves 2v2 North Petherwin Reserves
Queens Rangers 7v1 Gorran
St Breward 0v1 Boscastle
St Cleer Reserves 4v3 Lanivet Inn
St Stephen Res 0v2 Tregony
Tintagel 1v2 Veryan

Division 4
Lanreath 0v3 St Minver Reserves
Mevagissey 4v1 Rame Peninsula FC
Pelynt Reserves 1v3 Godolphin Atlantic Reserves
Southgate 0v2 Delabole United
St Merryn 2v3 Tregrehan Mills
Wadebridge Town 0v4 High Street

Division 5
Kilkhampton 2v0 Padstow United Res
Real Saltash 2v2 Roche
Week St Mary 2v6 Pensilva

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Magwan 1 LC Phoenix 3

Launceston College Phoenix went into this game against top of the table St Magwan a couple of players short. It did mean, however, that new signings Jake Benney and Paul Smith were able to impress, while stand in keeper, Jack Rich, had a solid game.

Phoenix were organised and driven from the start and went in at half time one goal up thanks to a Luke Williams powerdrive.

Benney scored a brace- the first a quality near post header- to give the alumni team the edge in a challenging away fixture.

The White Hart Man of the Match award- Nathan Cox: a superb shift from the skipper, who organised, cajoled and drove Phoenix on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Packhorse 3-4 callington

For a side down at the bottom of the table, they battled there way back into the game very well. The team we played today should not be at the bottom of the table no Way!

Goals for Callington was kieran Prescott brace

Steve Bromhead and Kev Pethick with a great free kick if I must say so myself lol.

Well battled game and credit to the ref who I thought had a great game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Looe Town strengthened their position near the top of the Premier Division winning 5-2 at St.Newlyn East. It was a smash and grab performance as Newlyn had a lot of the game but the visitors were lethal on the break. Matt Barton and Luke Cloke scored a brace apiece with Matt Woodgate completing the visitor’s total. Andrew Lilley and Michael Thompson replied for Newlyn who remain pointless but can take some satisfaction from a better performance.

Padstow United dropped their first points of the season when held goalless at home to Lamerton and now lead Looe by just one point.

St.Columb Major shaded their game with Pelynt but were on the wrong end of the score line with Pelynt winning 2-1. Dave Price gave St.Columb the lead in the 35th minute but the visitors were better after the break. Tom Davies equalised in the 63rd minute with Liam Jones hitting the winner four minutes later.

Aaron Clarke gave Torpoint Athletic the lead at North Petherwin who squared the game with a Jim Werren penalty as honours ended even.

Lostwithiel were 4-2 winners over St.Stephen. Ben Wilkinson and Josh Cook gave them a two-goal first half lead. Jamie Bullock pulled a goal back for St.Stephen with Martyn Jones then quickly restoring the host’s advantage. Cook scored his second with Shane Kibell reducing the arrears later.

Foxhole go top of Division One after a crushing 6-0 win at Godolphin Atlantic. Jamie Robinson scored a hat trick with Paul Reed, Brandon Tregidgo and an own goal compounding another uncomfortable day for the hosts.

Overnight leaders St.Mawgan were beaten 3-1 at home by LC Phoenix. There were no excuses as the better team won. Jake Benney scored a brace with Luke Williams completing the Phoenix scoring and Stuart Harris replying for St.Mawgan from the penalty spot.

Altarnun returned to winning ways easily beating Grampound 4-0. The first goal was a fine individual effort from Sam Smith. The second half was one-way traffic with Altarnun scoring three more times. Josh Smith got the first with a header from a rebound off the bar from his brothers shot. A cross from Rob Timbers flew in the net for the third and Tom Goslin beat the keeper to the ball to complete the scoring.

St.Minver beat Premier Sixes 6-3 in a high scoring affair. Premier Sixes took the lead when Dan Woodgate scored his 9th goal in the last 7 games after just 5 minutes. Dayll Beasley equalised from the edge of the box after the Sixes keeper lost his footing in the goalmouth. Corey Cleave put St Minver back in front from the penalty spot. Karl Olander then fired home a Woodgate cross to equalise. Olander then put Sixes into the driving seat after the St Minver keeper spilled the ball. The game then swung massively in the favour of St Minver when Benz Corlett saw red for a last man challenge on Corey Cleave who picked himself up to convert the penalty. Sixes held out for 20 minutes in the second half before Minver managed to breach their defence. Steve Wootton was left unmarked to head home from 4 yards. Dan Woodgate had a chance to equalise but saw his effort go over when one on one with the goalie. Two shocking backpasses in the space of 5 minutes saw Minver close out the game as Wootton and Dan Colwill were left with empty nets to fire the ball into as Minver claimed a 6-3 win.

Biscovey beat St.Cleer 6-1. Tom Pickering gave the hosts the lead with Matt Bryant levelling. Biscovey restored their lead before half time and scored two more goals in the opening five minutes of the second half to put the game out of reach. Biscovey’s other goals came from an Eli O’Brien hat trick and a Jimmy Penhall brace.

AFC Bodmin versus Edgcumbe ended goalless with little action of note.

St.Dennis dropped their first points of the season in Division Two after being held one all at Gerrans & St.Mawes United. Nick Webb scored for Gerrans with Nathan Hugh replying for St.Dennis.

Callington Town won 4-3 at Packhorse Athletic. Whilst the result was not a surprise the home comeback was. After a heavy beating last week Packhorse had only eleven players available and fell four behind to a Kieran Prescott brace and goals from Steve Bromhead and Kevin Pethick. The home side could easily have crumbled but they knuckled down and fought back with three goals from Mike Browne, Ross Willcocks and Neil White.

North Hill and Lifton shared six goals. James Bloomfield, Jason Ridgment and Dan Gregory scored for North Hill with Lifton replying with a Dan Hancock goal and a Dan O’Donovan brace.

St.Neot and Gunnislake reversed their fixture with the Gunnislake ground unfit and also drew three all. Zak Peel scored a brace, his first goals since his transfer from St.Cleer with Connor Stone getting the other home goal. Glen Tremblett replied for Gunnislake who were grateful for the home side conceding two own goals to help them secure their point.

Stoke Climsland won their derby with Calstock 3-1. Ben Jeffery scored a brace with Toby Chapman adding the other home goal. Lee Webb replied for Calstock.

Gus Angilly struck a hat trick as Sticker won comfortably at Holywell/Cubert Athletic 5-0. Jack Boardman and Alex Keast claimed their other goals.

Division Three leaders Veryan were taken the distance before winning 2-1 at Tintagel. Two quick goals around the twenty minute mark from Ollie Young and Martin O’Callaghan gave Veryan the advantage. Tintagel were not intimidated and would not lie down as they matched their rivals for the rest of the game. Adam Wright pulled one goal back and they created a couple of chances which they failed to take, the difference between the two teams in the end.

Queens Rangers were in impressive form winning their clash with Gorran 7-1. Phil Walmsley scored a brace with their other goals coming from Scott Taylor, Nick Trevenna, Matt Bale, Adam Pritchard and the best from Casey Laity with a superb overhead kick.

Grampound reserves moved out of the bottom two after drawing 2-2 with North Petherwin reserves. Grampound twice took the lead both goals scored by fifty plus Rob Sharpe still showing some great agility. The first he flicked home from a Hayden Boxall free kick. The second followed another assist from a Boxall corner and looked to be the winning goal, but Petherwin struck five minutes from time to equalise and claim a point.

St.Stephen reserves remain on the bottom. They had most of the play but conceded two goals in a poor game in the 43rd and 67th minutes to Adam Blackler and Dave Grose of Tregony. St.Stephen failed to create a worthwhile chance despite their possession.

St.Cleer Reserves beat Lanivet Inn 4-3 in a good game that flowed throughout. Liam Donaghy scored a brace with Martyn Putt and Arron Lane completing the home tally. Lanivet hit back with a Shane Looker brace and a Rob Marks goal.

St.Breward lost a disappointing home derby to Boscastle 1-0. The game never got going with Dan Piper scoring the only goal. St.Breward eventually rallied five minutes time but that was too late to force the issue.

St.Merryn has lost their unbeaten record in Division Four with three silly defensive mistakes conceding the initiative to Tregrehan Mills. St.Merryn hit the woodwork twice in the opening twenty minutes before their first error led to Mills opener. St.Merryn equalised before half time only to falter again just after the break gifting the visitors second. St.Merryn fought back to equalise but a third mistake gave Mills a 3-2 win. Corey Cross scored a brace for Mills with Steve Haynes adding their other goal. Josh Dark and Jack Bray replied for St.Merryn.

High Street are up to third after a 4-0 win at Wadebridge Town. It was another harsh learning curve for the young home team with Mark Gurney, Stuart Kesson-Smith, Chris Sullivan and Charles Battersby scoring a goal apiece.

Mevagissey had a good win beating Rame Peninsula 4-1. Sam Blount scored a brace with Ryan Morcom and Matt Chesterfield completing their scoring.

Leaders Godolphin Atlantic reserves won again. They were 3-1 winners at Pelynt reserves with Cameron Brooks scoring the home consolation.

Delabole United won 2-0 at Southgate Seniors.

Kilkhampton has taken over at the top of Division Five after beating Padstow United Reserves 2-0. The visitor’s contributed to an excellent game of football with eventually goals from Tom Shadrick and Calvin Parnell giving the hosts the spoils.

A strengthened Pensilva team climbed off the bottom with their first win of the season, 6-2 at Week St.Mary. Jack Podmore and Karl Gross scored a brace apiece with Andy Cobb and Cian Clarkson completing their tally. Rob Pearce scored both home goals.

Saturday 25th October

Premier Division




North Petherwin


Torpoint Athletic

Padstow United



Saltash United

No Ref


St.Columb Major



St.Newlyn East


Looe Town

Division One

AFC Bodmin









Godolphin Atlantic





LC Phoenix



Premier Sixes

Division Two

Gerrans & St.Mawes Utd






Holywell/Cubert Athletic



North Hill



Packhorse Athletic


Callington Town

Stoke Climsland



Division Three




Grampound Reserves


North Petherwin Res

Queens Rangers



St.Cleer Reserves


Lanivet Inn

St.Stephen Reserves






Division Four


No result

St.Minver Reserves



Rame Peninsula

Pelynt Reserves


Godolphin Atlantic Res

Southgate Seniors


Delabole United



Tregrehan Mills

Wadebridge Town


High Street

Division Five



Padstow United Res

Real Saltash



Week St.Mary



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lostwithiel v st Stephen's

St Stephen's should of been out of sight by half time but didn't convert our chances, losty had 2 chances n scored both, both teams had more chances in 2nd half but it wasn't 2 b our day, no doubt if we keep playing the way we have over the last 3 games the wins will come good luck 2 losty 4 the rest of the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 3

Tintagel 1:2 veryan

Always a tough place to go tintagel! We went ahead through a martyn o'callaghan diving header!! The next goal was scored by ollie young with a calm finish! It was 2:0 at half time but i feel we could have scored more! Second half saw the home side keep going an putting us under pressure and eventually got a goal from it! Veryan had a few chances in the second half but couldnt put the ball in the net finding the home goal keeper in fine form! In the last few mins tintagel could have got there equliser but found andy whelidon in the sticks with a great save!! Looking forward to the game at home! Mom ken Mertesacker pearce solid game at the heart of the defence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...