Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Cup

Guest Peppermint

Guest Peppermint

The teams in the Division 1 West obviously do not warrant the prediction league status but the two teams meet at Mount Wise this evening with a 7.30pm kick off.

Should be an interesting match between Newquay and one of the newcomers to the league. I understand that Newquay will have almost all the missing players from Saturday available tonight. The interesting bit will be will they all get back into the starting line up after the great display by the team at the weekend!

Guest Peppermint

Yes well done Anita a 9-0 win for the darts team and it made my wife happy!

Newquay football team were bad last night in stark contrast to the great performance on Saturday.

One point about the game was the very confrontational style of refereeing by Mr Paul. He always seems to wind everyone up - players and spectators alike. Totally inconsistent with bookings and I thought copmpletely spoilt what might have been a good game.

I have to agree with Darin - Hayle deserved to win but those chances that went begging in the second half all provided by Sam Hunter who had a great game on the right for Newquay.

Unfortunately Newquay have no game at the weekend so will have to wait to put things right.

Guest Peppermint

Yes The Judge was there but why the delight that Newquay lost - are you Hammers a secret Hayle supporter or is it you just want to wind The Judge up!

I thought you were a Falmouth supporter - perhaps you may be unfortunate enough to have Mr Paul as a referee later in the season.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Yes Hammers, I was there. Thanks for your interest in my welfare and that of Newquay AFC.

Only two players returned to starting XI from Saturdays outstanding match v Shortwood, Jody dean (wedding) and Billy Holland (Injured). Unfortunately, Hayle and Mr Paul had other ideas about Newquay progressing further in the League Cup. Hayle deserved the win and Mr Paul got the comments he deserved from the management down.

Wendron Utd away with the Combo's this Saturday, why would anyone want to be anywhere else ?