Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Saturday Sept 27th 2014

Recommended Posts

For posting your results and match comments

KMD Developments Cup
First Round
Foxhole Stars 5v1 North Hill
Gerrans & St Mawes Utd 1v2 Torpoint Athletic
Holywell and Cubert 1v2 Padstow United
Lamerton 2v1 St Dominick
Lostwithiel 5v2 LC Phoenix
Premier Sixes 3v1 Looe Town
St Columb Major 1v2 Grampound
St Mawgan 2v6 Saltash United
St Minver 5v3 North Petherwin
St Newlyn East 5v1 Calstock
St Stephen v Altarnun – Home win

Bodmin Sports Trophies Duchy League Cup
First Round
Boscastle 3v0 Week St Mary
High Street 4v3 Roche
Lanreath v Rame Peninsula FC
Packhorse Athletic 5v1 St Neot
Queens Rangers 2v6 Lanivet Inn
Southgate 5v1 Real Saltash
St Merryn 3v2 Tintagel
Stoke Climsland v Gorran – Home Win
Tregony 0v5 Veryan

The Reserve Team Cup
First Round
Godolphin Atlantic Reserves 4v0 St Stephen Res
Grampound Reserves 3v1 North Petherwin Reserves
Saltash United Res 1v2 St Dennis Res

Division One
AFC Bodmin 5v3 St Cleer
Biscovey 2v1 Godolphin Atlantic

Division Two
Gunnislake 1v3 St Dennis
Lifton 4v3 Sticker

Division Four
Delabole United 2v3 Tregrehan Mills
Mevagissey 2v0 Wadebridge Town
Pelynt Reserves 2v0 St Minver Reserves

Division Five
Padstow United Res 3v0 St Mawgan Reserves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Columb Major 1-2 Grampound

This was a deserved win for Grampound over their Premier Division opponents with goals from Derrick Lucas and Ryan Orchard. Grampound completely dominated the first half but seemed to have left their shooting boots at home and it was scoreless at the break. Lucas rolled the ball in for the first after going round the keeper on 55 minutes and felt a bit aggrieved with a couple of offside decisions against them that may have resulted in them being out of sight. St Columb came right back into the game as Grampound seemed to lose their midfield control and scored an excellent headed equaliser. Grampound then had to defend well for a period but 10 minutes from time Ryan Orchard got himself on the end of a long clearance and lashed the ball high past the home keeper for the winner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Lamerton knocked the holders St.Dominick out of the KMD Developments Knock Out Cup. A cross found Blair Vanstone in the 15th minute who placed the ball into the far corner. Lamerton doubled their advantage in the 27th minute Simon Breyley heading home following a corner. Ricky Coton pulled a goal back four minutes into the second and although the visitors threatened to take the game to extra time they couldn’t break down the home defence.

Premier Sixes put out Premier side Looe Town 3-1. Karl Olander put them ahead from the spot with Martyn Probert doubling the advantage. Dan Parsonage was then sent off for Sixes on the half hour. With time running out before half time, Looe had a shot saved with the referee blowing his whistle just before the ball was returned into the net. Dan Woodgate scored a third for the hosts against his old team with his brother Matt Woodgate later pulling a goal back. Looe were camped in the opponents half at this stage but failed to add to their total.

Holywell/Cubert Athletic did everything but win their tie against Premier leaders Padstow United. Holywell hit the woodwork twice, had two shots cleared off the line and had a penalty saved. They lost 2-1 with Josh Busby getting their goal. Padstow eventually shaded this close encounter with goals from Rob Rowe and Dave Lockwood.

Grampound beat Premier opposition winning a very close game at St.Columb Major 2-1. The first half was evenly fought and goalless. Derrick Lucas fired the visitors ahead three minutes after the restart but Jack McGrath equalised in the 68th minute. The game flowed end-to-end with Grampound scoring the winner eight minutes from time through Ryan Orchard.

St.Minver also overturned a Premier team beating North Petherwin 5-3 after extra time. A thrilling cup tie had everything including good refereeing by Ozzy Moore. Through sloppy defending, St.Minver were two goals down within twenty minutes of the start. St Minver tightened up and pulled one back. For the rest of normal time Petherwin's Premier experience looked as though it would see them through as they maintained a one goal advantage as both sides added goals. Time was running out when in a goal mouth scramble St Minver forced the ball into the Petherwin net to make it 3-3 at the end of ninety minutes. Twenty minutes of extra time came and went as both sides keepers made brilliant saves as good chances to score the winner were denied. The game went from one end to the other, St Minver at last got the fourth goal about 5 minutes from the end. Petherwin threw everything at Minver but left themselves short at the back and a couple of minute’s later striker Jason Northcott rounded the Petherwin keeper to put Minver through. Jason Keatley, Steve Wootton, Ben Beesley and Callum Wilson were the other home scorers. North Petherwin replied with a Joe Reeve brace and a Tim Robinson goal.

Torpoint Athletic were weakened for their tie at Gerrans & St.Mawes United but came safely through. Matt Westall and Aaron Cullerton scored in a 2-1 win with Glyn Hitchings replying for Gerrans.

North Hill took a 15th minute lead at Foxhole through Matt Hoskin but the hosts hit back to win 5-1. Jamie Robinson equalised in the 30th minute and added a second before half time. The tie was settled early in the second half when North Hill conceded a penalty and Paul Reed scored from the spot. Sam Leaney scored the fourth with Robinson completing his hat trick.

St Mawgan were level at two all at the end of ninety minutes but succumbed 6-2 after extra time to Saltash United. James Olsen and Alex Coles scored for St.Mawgan. The visitors Premier credentials eventually saw them progress with Tony Jane scoring a brace and goals from Nick Dale, Lee Jacketts, Josh Tapp and a Bonar Maull own goal.

Lostwithiel beat LC Phoenix 5-2. Martyn Jones gave them the lead, but Bradley Stokes struck twice to put Phoenix in front. The turning point came when Ben Wilkinson equalised before half time. Jordan Cook put Lostwithiel back in front after the restart with Wilkinson scoring twice more to complete a hat trick.

St.Newlyn East put out Calstock 5-1. Ross London scored a brace with Mickey Thompson, Adam Williams and George Harrold completing the home tally.

Veryan won a derby Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup first round match at Tregony 5-0. The hosts didn’t help their own cause conceding two own goals. Craig Phillips, Martin O’Callaghan and Bobby Lee Johns scored the visitors remaining goals.

St.Merryn toppled higher division opponents beating Tintagel 3-2. The game was sporting but also rather physical at times. Adam Price gave Tintagel the lead against the run of play in the 20th minute. Josh Dark equalised with Mick Shearer putting the hosts ahead before half time. Dark stretched the lead in the second half as passions ran high, but Tintagel made it an exciting conclusion with Price scoring his second.

High Street came from two down at half time to beat Roche 4-3 after extra time. The hosts were shaken by the Roche start but took the game to extra time with two second half goals. High Street won through, their goals coming from Charles Battersby, Jake Mansell and a Jay Tipton brace. Roche replied through Chris Coad, Callum Heaton and Ben Lawrence.

Boscastle progressed as expected with a 3-0 defeat of Week St.Mary. Sam Capstick, Sam Haddy and Jake Dickinson were the scorer’s.

Southgate Seniors beat Real Saltash 5-1 to move into the second round. Nathan Ferrer scored a brace with Chris Cork, Reece Heywood and Adam Porter completing their tally.

Packhorse Athletic overturned poor league form to beat St.Neot 5-1. Ross Willcock scored a brace with Jake Blythe, Adrian White and Phil Roberts completing their total.

Lanivet Inn were impressive 6-2 winners at Queens Rangers. Phil Walmsley and Casey Laity hit the home goals. Darren Lang hit a hat trick for Lanivet with Lewis Pauling adding a brace and Shane Looker also finding the net.

St.Dennis reserves are through to the quarter-finals of the Reserve Team Cup after their 2-1 win at Saltash United reserves. Saul Niles and Jordan Friendship scored for St.Dennis who also put through their own net for the home reply.

Holders Godolphin Atlantic reserves had a comfortable passage to the next round beating St.Stephen reserves 4-0. They were on top throughout scoring at regular intervals two in the first half and two in the second. Dan Martin, Callum Faulkner, Kevin McHugh and Dylan Rodgers scored a goal apiece.

Grampound reserves put out last season’s beaten finalists North Petherwin reserves 3-1. They opened the scoring in the 10th minute when Matt Skews pulled a ball back for Dan Smith to finish. Petherwin equalised in the 20th minute when Alastair Kennedy caught the home keeper in no mans land from a corner and netted. Grampound restored their lead from a forty yard screamer from Alex Rowe that was rising all the way into the top of the net. Skews was put in ten minutes from time to seal the tie.

Andy Seymour scored a hat trick as AFC Bodmin beat St.Cleer 5-3 in a Division One match. Richard Cooper and Matt Hooper completed the home scoring with Brad Cole, Matt Bryant and Scott Corson replying for St.Cleer.

Biscovey won 4-0 at Godolphin in the cup last week and faced the same opponents in a league game. They had a shocking start with Ben Colquhoun giving the visitors a first minute lead. Theo Tomlin equalised in the 35th minute and Jimmy Penhall scored fifteen minutes from time to give Biscovey a 2-1 win. The game nearly had a sting in the tail when the home keeper conceded a penalty two minutes from time but he atoned by saving the spot kick.

St.Dennis continued their good start in Division Two with Gary Tippett, Mike Brown and Nathan Hugh scoring in a 3-1 win at Gunnislake. Glen Tremblett scored the home consolation.

Lifton picked up their first points with a highly impressive 4-3 win over Sticker. Dan O’Donovan scored a brace for the hosts with Tom Horn and Tom Hancock also on target. Bradley Ralph, Jack Boardman and Sam Fogarty replied for Sticker.

Pelynt reserves picked up three points in Division Four beating St.Minver reserves 2-0. Tom Davies and Ryan Oxley hit the target.

Mevagissey were also 2-0 winners over Wadebridge Town. Jamie Stephens and Ross Masters scored their goals.

Delabole United were beaten 2-3 by Tregrehan Mills. Dean Dingle scored a brace with Delabole putting through their own net. Mac Irwin and Kieran Barrett replied for Delabole.

Padstow United reserves opened their account in Division Five beating St.Mawgan reserves 3-0. This was a well contested game which turned into a midfield battle. Dave Orchard in the St.Mawgan goal had a fine game but couldn’t stop a Johnny Murt brace and a Martin Murt goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duchy league cup

Tregony 0 : 5 veryan

In a good spirited local derby veryan came out winners tregony played with 10 men for an hour after an injury!an put in a good performance keiren davey in good form for the home team!Goal scorers craig phillips martyn O'callaghan bobby lee jons andrew pearce! An 1 og! Mom steven way outstanding in the midfeild

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...