Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy & Trelawny Results - Wednesday 8th May 2013

Tintagel 2 North Hill 4 goal scorers for North Hill

Chris Rockell 1

Talisker Donnhue 2

James Bloomfield 1

Thank you to Tintagel for the guard of honour for North Hill to collect the trophy

Duchy 2
Lanreath 0-6 Premier Sixes
Joe Harvey 3
Martyn Probert 2
Kieran Chudleigh

I think we ended with a +1 goal difference despite being second top scorers in the division. Must learn to defend next season. Also finished the season scoring every game so that is now two and a half years we we have scored a goal in every match (60 games on the bounce now)

Gorran 4 - 2 Grampound Res

Grampound twice took the lead in this match through a Jules Woodman brace, to be 2-1 up at half time, but couldn't prevent Gorran going on to win with what Grampound will see as some poor goals. Paul Reed and Steve Crumpler up front for Gorran were a constant threat against the Grampound back 3 throughout. A Reed goal in the 1st half, 2 corners and a Crumpler freekick proved to be Grampound's downfall.

Wednesday 8th May 2013

AFC St.Austell moved to within one win of dethroning Fowey United as Premier Division Champions after beating their rivals 2-1 at Poltair Park. Two fine sides played out an excellent game. Josh Franmpton gave Fowey the lead only for Saints leading scorer Phil Huthings to equalise. The winning goal came just five minutes from time when Ben Douglas struck to give the hosts a 2-1 win.

Premier Sixes managed to finish the season with a positive goal difference after beating already relegated Lanreath 6-0. It was 3-0 at the break with Sixes going onto score a further 3 in the second half. A couple of fine saves from the home goalie and a couple of unbelievable misses prevented the scoreline being much higher. P6 will be looking to build on a season which saw them finish 3rd highest scorers in the division and continue their almost record breaking run of 60 games scoring consecutively next season.

Premier Division

AFC St. Austell 2-1 Fowey United
Bodmin Saints 2-5 Mevagissey
Torpoint Athletic 7-0 Calstock

First Division

Godolphin Atlantic 0-0 Grampound
Pensilva 2-2 Pelynt

Second Division

Gerrans & St. Mawes United 1-1 Padstow United

Third Division

St. Minver 3-0 St. Stephen

Fourth Division

Gorran 4-2 Grampound Reserves
Tintagel 2-4 North Hill
Torpoint Comrades 1-1 Gunnislake Reserves
Mevagissey Reserves 1-4 St. Cleer Reserves

Fifth Division

Southgate 1-5 Boscastle Reserves

Duchy 3 St.Minver 3 St.Stephen 0

Goals

Steve Wooton 1

Paul Dingle 1

Mike Kempthorne 1

Sharps Brewery MOTM St.Minver Steve Wooton

St.miver were the better side but all three goals were more than a little fortunate.Ref was terribly biased & gave a very poor account of his self & never missed a chance to tell everyone he's a Swp standard ref,what a joke,also on first name terms which most minver players.minver & phoenix are the best 2 teams in duchy 3 & will rightly go up,st.minver midfield by far the best in duchy 3 & probably the best in the duchy league full stop only real downside of the team is the poor attitude of minvers lesser lights.

sharps m.o.m the so called clown sorry I mean ref.

Guest cescfab_4

Scorers: Dean Cardew(2), Graham O'Neill, Dominic Murray, Sam West, Jack Wood, Rikki Shepherd.

Wednesday 8th May 2013

AFC St.Austell moved to within one win of dethroning Fowey United as Premier Division Champions after beating their rivals 2-1 at Poltair Park. Two fine sides played out an excellent game. Josh Franmpton gave Fowey the lead only for Saints leading scorer Phil Huthings to equalise. The winning goal came just five minutes from time when Ben Douglas struck to give the hosts a 2-1 win.

Premier Sixes managed to finish the season with a positive goal difference after beating already relegated Lanreath 6-0. It was 3-0 at the break with Sixes going onto score a further 3 in the second half. A couple of fine saves from the home goalie and a couple of unbelievable misses prevented the scoreline being much higher. P6 will be looking to build on a season which saw them finish 3rd highest scorers in the division and continue their almost record breaking run of 60 games scoring consecutively next season.

Premier Division

AFC St. Austell 2-1 Fowey United

Bodmin Saints 2-5 Mevagissey

First Division

Godolphin Atlantic 0-0 Grampound

Pensilva 2-2 Pelynt

Second Division

Gerrans & St. Mawes United 1-1 Padstow United

Third Division

St. Minver 3-0 St. Stephen

Fourth Division

Gorran 4-2 Grampound Reserves

Tintagel 2-4 North Hill

Torpoint Comrades 1-1 Gunnislake Reserves

Mevagissey Reserves 1-4 St. Cleer Reserves

Fifth Division

Southgate 1-5 Boscastle Reserves

Southgate 1 - 5 Boscastle res

Should say Southgate 1 - 5 Boscastle 1st

ha ha this made me laugh we had 1 player tonight that played for the 1st team as a regular the other 12 player have all played 90% of there games this year for the 2nds so get your facts striaght before accusing someone of playing there 1st team , also we had no reason to play 1st team player other than our normal left back was unavaiable last night so we ask matt pethick to play so sorry you lost to the better team but i'm afraid you lost to our 2nds fair and square

Must say that Torpoint are a superb outfit and by far the best team Calstock have come up against. If it wasn't for some poor finishing the score could have been a lot worse. It was a pleasure to play at the mill on such a lovely pitch and enjoyed some good friendly banter with the locals while running the line. Havin said that We (calstock) kept plugging away and were pleased to keep the score down and came off smiling!

Torpoint the team to watch next year!! (If there players do not move up the ECPL side).

Enjoyable night, good luck to point for the rest of the season!

Ps their left back quote of the match "ref that was 100% a goal kick ref, not even 99% but 100%!!!" Haha classic!!

Guest cescfab_4

Must say that Torpoint are a superb outfit and by far the best team Calstock have come up against. If it wasn't for some poor finishing the score could have been a lot worse. It was a pleasure to play at the mill on such a lovely pitch and enjoyed some good friendly banter with the locals while running the line. Havin said that We (calstock) kept plugging away and were pleased to keep the score down and came off smiling!

Torpoint the team to watch next year!! (If there players do not move up the ECPL side).

Enjoyable night, good luck to point for the rest of the season!

Ps their left back quote of the match "ref that was 100% a goal kick ref, not even 99% but 100%!!!" Haha classic!!

Thank you for the kind word Akos. Unfortunately I was away with work yesterday and unable to make the game. I am constantly looking to push my players on and enhance their games. I'm very lucky to have such a fantastic bunch of lads playing for me. Don't give the LB too much credit though :)

Good luck for your remaining games and thank you once again.

Luke Gibbons TAFC Duchy Manager

Goals

Steve Wooton 1

Paul Dingle 1

Mike Kempthorne 1

St.miver were the better side but all three goals were more than a little fortunate.Ref was terribly biased & gave a very poor account of his self & never missed a chance to tell everyone he's a Swp standard ref,what a joke,also on first name terms which most minver players.minver & phoenix are the best 2 teams in duchy 3 & will rightly go up,st.minver midfield by far the best in duchy 3 & probably the best in the duchy league full stop only real downside of the team is the poor attitude of minvers lesser lights.

Goals

Steve Wooton 1

Paul Dingle 1

Mike Kempthorne 1

Sorry you have such a low opinion of the young Ref. I thought he did his job well. As for the rest of your comments all I can say is "everyone is entitled to there view".

I don't think he did his job well at all. Had no control and based most of his calls on player shouts. For a SWP standard ref, which he claims he was, he was poor. He let the game continue with a local practice ball which was half pumped and was told after, a kids ball. Would he have done that in SWP? Debatable.