Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results - Tuesday 2th April

Two Cup games tonight. Please keep us informed with the scores, goal scorers and attendances if you can. Either by posting on here or texting me on 07597907549

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

2nd April 2013

Supplementary Cup, Preliminary Round

Porthleven Reserves (Darren Meagor, Jordan Annear) 2-3 St Just (Justin Wood, Neil Curnow, Jon Bird)

Att - 25

Supplementary Cup Quarter-final

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Stefan Churcher, Jason Roberts) 2-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (Joe Perrin)

Att - 73

Porthleven 2 - 3 St Just

St Just took the lead early on through a neat finish when one-on-one with Tom Collins, after being put through by Neil Curnow.

Jordan Annear equalised, Great finish from a good move, a chipped through ball over the last defender by Nathan Roberts which sent Annear through who then lobbed the on rushing keeper.

Neil Curnow then finished off a tidy move with a volley past Collins in the Port goal. John Bird put the game beyond doubt with the goal of the game, a rasping shot from outside the area, on another day it would have ended up in the harbour.

Port pulled one back in the final 5 minutes when Darren Meagor slotted past the keeper once sent through after a neat move by Dan Greet and Jordan Annear.

Good game, great hospitality from Port...nice to get a personal reception from the Jolly Vital Chair on one of my flying visits to Cornwall.....and to run the line after a 220 mile drive.....

That Porthleven touchline feels longer and longer every time I run it. Thank goodness there was no extra time.....

Thanks to Number 10 and Number 7 for the two Tinner thunderbolts....if Forest Green Rovers could manage to shoot like that they would be in Coca Cola Two by now !

And yes, they will beat Hereford next week, Paul ! :)