Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Tuesday

I gotta say after watching the game tonight ! That parkway totally deserved the win ... By far the best side on the night they didn't let millbrook into the game there commitment and energy was 2nd to none !!! 7-0 does tell a true reflection on the game .....

Had the referee dealt with the initial incident at least 1 sending off could have been saved. The Torpoint player got sent off for restraining the probus player who even admitted himself all the lad did was hold him back. A real shame as it all could have been avoided by the initial incident being dealt with

Isn't that what linesmen are meant to do? Assist the referee for incidents he cannot see...?

Yes thats correct. Sometimes its hard for a linesman as he is part of the club at this standard, and may not want to put his neck above the line to incriminate his side. Ultimately the final decision is the referees.

Torpoint 1-0 Probus Att; 51

A good game with the winner coming from Sam West in the 69th minute but mared by a double sending off.

I agree it was a very good, competitive match.

The first-half was a good contest with Torpoint having more possession, but both teams created chances. Liam Paddock had a shot cleared from near the goal-line after rounding the keeper and shooting from a tight angle. A couple of our players thought that the ball might have crossed the line, but I couldn't tell from where I was and I am sure that if it had gone over the line then the linesman would have given it, as he always seems like a decent bloke.

We hoped to keep it tight and take one of our chances in the second-half, but we never really got going, with Torpoint again having more of the ball. Dan Vincent had a great chance for us to open the scoring when he got in behind the Torpoint defence, but his lob went wide. The turning point for me came when Mike Roberts was brought on by Torpoint. He was very busy in the middle of the park and did all of the simple things well. They took the lead when a shot came back off the crossbar and the winger headed it home.

We had a chance to equalise when Dan Vincent got in behind again, but this time the keeper saved with his legs. We kept working hard to get back in the game but it wasn’t to be and Torpoint had a couple of other chances before the end.

I didn’t get a good view of the sending off incident, but for me it looked like handbags, that wasn’t in keeping with a competitive, but fairly fought match.

I thought that the match was well refereed by the new slim-line 'THE LYNX AFFECT'.

Overall it was a good game on an excellent Torpoint pitch which encourages good football to be played, but ultimately we came up short. The effort and commitment of the Probus players couldn’t be faulted, but unfortunately it wasn’t quite enough.

Good luck to Torpoint in the League Cup Final on Sunday.

well said chris :thumbsup:

just to echo your words.. was a good game to referee

pity about the sending offs. was not in keeping with the game.

yeah 8 half stone lighter which as made such a difference to my refereeing good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

and good luck to torpoint and polperro this sunday in the final :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You seem just a little bit clueless on this one Frankie, but I'm not one to debate that, think what you like. In other news seems as though parkway will not be caught now. Hope we have a strong finish to the season, at worse claim 2nd spot and build for next season by adding a bit of fire power to go with our strong defense.

Lets agree to disagree then shafts. Didn't quite understand the loverly hair comment? Think tavi will b lucky to claim 2nd and they'll need to add a lot of fire power up front as currently they r Danny dyer in front of goal, To b fair to tavi that's all they need to contend for the league.

No I reckon shafts is a tavy player

you seem to know a lot about this person S Kelly,you sure its not a Saltash player ??????????? only because all his comments have come up since you played Tavi ??

[And this from a Parkway player ha ha!/quote]

Ha ha ha, I love this Garf! Little benny, that's what 90% of the people on here are with there match reports and all the seriousness, so much s*** gets write on here it's unbelievable, to why people come on here with false names to stir it up for entertainment. Hope you have enjoyed the show? to clear one thing up, I am not BRENDON as well (scouts honour) believe that or not it's up to you. This has got boring now so, Shafts will never be seen or heard of again, play time is over. Lots of love the mighty shafts!