Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 23rd March

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 23rd March

Rowett Insurance League Cup semi-final second leg

St Teath 0 Polperro 4

St Dominick v Torpoint Athletic (Off) St Dominick conceded tie awarded to Torpoint

Rowett Insurance Supplementary Cup quarter final

Morwenstow 1 Plymouth Parkway 7

Premier Division

Bude Town 4 Liskeard Athletic 4

Saltash United v Millbrook (Postponed)

Tavistock v Lanreath (Postponed)

Division One

Camelford v Callington Town (Postponed)

Nanpean Rovers 0 St Stephen 6

Plymstock United v Kilkhampton (Postponed)

Roche 2 St Stephen Borough 0

St Blazey Gate 1 Edgcumbe 1

Following on from the SWPL decision to allow clubs to postpone matches TODAY the ECPL have decided that matches can be put off TODAY to save clubs having to travel and having to risk the match being called off on the day.

No rain since yesterday afternoon here plus we don't have many called off as our pitch is a draining machine! So not looking too bad but pitch inspection soon I think.

Ideal, got a couple of lads coming straight from work so if you hear anything or there is an inspection an early heads up would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks, hopefully see you guys later.

MQx

Why the criticism of St Dominick. Torpoint won the first leg 7-0. The pitch is waterlogged so the game was called off. St Dominick did the right thing to concede as it would have been difficult to rearrange the tie and this will allow the final to go ahead.

St Blazey Gate 1 - 1 Edgcumbe

Not the best game played on a bobbly pitch meaning a real lack of quality from both sides in the attacking third where it mattered.

Matthew Williams opened the scoring after about an hour for Edgcumbe to take a deserved lead.

No longer than 10mins later Blazey Gate equalised from a corner, where they had looked threatening all game and had only just had one cleared off the line. Goalkeeper Matt Richards caught the corner, but was pushed into the goal by the attacker, clear free kick but not given to make it 1-1.

Disappointing for us to concede like that and was hard to take, ref said he didnt see it and thats football. We probably lacked a cutting edge up front today to take all 3 points. We wasted some good chances and had a goal disallowed for offside, but SBG could have won it at the end when put through 1 on 1.

Good luck to Polperro in their cup final next week - we were due to play them on Saturday but probably no fixture now.

I just don't understand your logic JayC. The match was called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Did you want them to play next Saturday and Torpoint play the final on the Sunday. It was the only sensible decision to make and they should be applauded for it. If the score had been one or two goals in it then I could understand them playing but 7-0. Give me a break.

Morwenstow 1 v 7 parkway

Not much to say as scoreline tells it all we were as bad as parkway were good .

If parkway play like that every week I can see them winning the league they played neat passing football on a tricky pitch .

Parkway lads were all a nice bunch and I for one am glad to see the back of Lewis young ... A great striker with another 4 today .

All the best to parkway for the next round and last 10 games of season

was an eventful game up at bude-4 each probably a fair result. after being 3 nil up felt gutted to come away with a draw, but on refelction would have taken a point if offered. i gave of two half's to use the phrase, wind playing a big factor. with both sides playing some good football on a difficult surface. going to be an interesting finish to the season for that second spot-parkway should finish at the top. 2-5 is open to anyone!

Good result for liskeard up at Bude, points being dropped (no offence to liskeard) all good news for ourselves and parkway

No offence taken, it will be interesting watching the table change over the next 2 weeks, if we win wednesday we go second, if we draw we go second, if we lose we stay joint second!!! All top teams still have to play each other and squads will change each game, bring on end of season tour I say!!!

MQx

Yes, Colin played today, and very well thanks, as did all my lads. All of them (and all of St Teath's lads) had played the required number of games to qualify, as confirmed by Mr Mike Murray prior to both legs of the semi.

I'd like to personally thank everyone at St Teath for assisting my dad today, when he slipped and broke a bone in his leg whilst watching the game. He now needs an op to repair it, but was also grateful or their kind help, typical of the people at that club.

Also thanks to Will, Steve and the St Teath lads for the way they took the result, look forward to seeing you later this season.

Yes, Colin played today, and very well thanks, as did all my lads. All of them (and all of St Teath's lads) had played the required number of games to qualify, as confirmed by Mr Mike Murray prior to both legs of the semi.

I'd like to personally thank everyone at St Teath for assisting my dad today, when he slipped and broke a bone in his leg whilst watching the game. He now needs an op to repair it, but was also grateful or their kind help, typical of the people at that club.

Also thanks to Will, Steve and the St Teath lads for the way they took the result, look forward to seeing you later this season.

Got to say reffed both first and second teams over the last few weeks and both management and players were a credit to the club with no dissent and made to feel very welcome..... Thanks