Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES Wednesday 6th March

Saltash centre half sent off for 2 yellows, 1 for saying the red made a mistake for failing to award a clear handball from evo, and his second yellow for standing behind evo from a throw in, no shirt pull or push or swearing or anything.... Odd Which I don't think anyone from tavi can disagree with. Seems like tavi got the luck again with that tonight! Saltash played superbly and for a good chunk of the second half had tavi on the back foot and had 3 or 4 excellent chances to score themselves. The penalty was harsh as it bounced up and hit a hand, I suppose we would have called for it ourselves but tavi would argue it was harsh too. All in all a fantastic performance from saltash who defended against a strong Tavistock team which again included 3 first teamers in the game. It's a shame saltash played with 10 for most of the game and I feel they deserved appoint even outnumbered, would have been interesting to see what the result would have been if the referee was consistent throughout the game

Ref was first class? You're clearly fishing for a reaction and your got one. The ref was not first class.... Either he has to apply the letter of the law to all his decisions... Which I can't see for the second yellow, and be consistent for the whole game. Now when we have two further yellows for remonstrating with the referee, and there is no action for similar events or bad tackles in the second half.... He consistently overruled linesman, it's difficult to see how he was first class. But I suppose if tavi were on the good end of it they would say he was first class.

I think salash keeper kicking was off the boil, but he is still learning his trade. Both keepers didn't have much to do. I would say the second yellow was a little soft tonight. I don't believe anyone was expecting the second yellow. The pen was a soft, I don't think the defender moved his hand towards the ball and it was in a low natural postion. I thought there was a big shout for a pen 5 mins after that one. Dont think there where 3 or 4 chances for the ashs. I Could only really think of one when it was knock wide From 6 yards. Strong all round and a good show of character from both sides. Yeah Tavi had 2 first team players tonight but saltash also had there's which included two strikers. i do believe this was left out on the above comments!!!! We are all one club and 95% of the seconds have been in the first team squad throughout this season Including 4 last night at ivybridge.

Name the three Nath ? You had Gordon Bennetts and one other, and can i just add we signed Ian Rooke last season from St Dominick. Southy was impressed by him pre-season and took him to the 1st's but he still wants to be involved with us when he can. Thank you also for the concern in an earlier post about the welfare of our players will take it on board bud.

I think tavi had 8 first team players in tonight..... Jamie castle, Chris holt, Kevin hatch, Christian Evans, jack crago, jarryd Kelly, Ian Rooke, Ryan lowton. Oh sorry all players that have come through the club and played in the first team. I'm sure saltash started with demo and another first team player up front. What does it matter? Name me a club who only use players for one team? You seem to not have a clue naholiday......

So Ian rooke was signed last season but has been brought up by the club... That doesn't make sense! Regardless of rookie, or Jarryd or anyone else, if you read my previous comments in other topics I have not slated the use of first team players all the time it is up to the club what they do and how they operate. Yeah we had 1 first team striker for his first game for us, and Oscar Bennett no relation to Gordon, who as a 17 year old has been plying made his first start for us last night to hell his development. We only used these two as were short in our squad tonight, had 3 on the bench including 1 we only recently to help us out. We have stuck by our squad all season other than that, helping the first team when needed. So mr yan if you are read a little more than yes I do I have a bit of a clue. I have not blamed a defeat or slated tavi for using first teamers, why you get so defensive is a bit odd. I actually disagreed with the referee so re read the posts. Garf, Ian rooke Jarryd Kelly and 1 more (not sure of his name but told he's first team). Again just to reiterate this isn't slating yan, just mentioning the squad! Hard tackle - fair write up, ashes has a few half chances then with balls flashed across the box and scrambles and blocked shots in the area, same as tavi really apart from the pen

So Ian rooke was signed last season but has been brought up by the club... That doesn't make sense! Regardless of rookie, or Jarryd or anyone else, if you read my previous comments in other topics I have not slated the use of first team players all the time it is up to the club what they do and how they operate. Yeah we had 1 first team striker for his first game for us, and Oscar Bennett no relation to Gordon, who as a 17 year old has been plying made his first start for us last night to hell his development. We only used these two as were short in our squad tonight, had 3 on the bench including 1 we only recently to help us out. We have stuck by our squad all season other than that, helping the first team when needed. So mr yan if you are read a little more than yes I do I have a bit of a clue. I have not blamed a defeat or slated tavi for using first teamers, why you get so defensive is a bit odd. I actually disagreed with the referee so re read the posts. Garf, Ian rooke Jarryd Kelly and 1 more (not sure of his name but told he's first team). Again just to reiterate this isn't slating yan, just mentioning the squad! Hard tackle - fair write up, ashes has a few half chances then with balls flashed across the box and scrambles and blocked shots in the area, same as tavi really apart from the pen

So why even mention the first teamers in your write up? You had 2 strikers from the firsts but you didnt mention that originally? We had 1 playing due to squad shortages and another on the bench who started this season with us but has worked his way into the first team and is doing very well.

As for your A N other first team player, you are misinformed unless, as Yan said we have a lot of players who have stepped up to help the firsts including Tuesday night this week.

Are they now classed as first teamers too?

Possibly the worse game I've watched in a while! Ref adding to this!

Saltash got there line up wrong, 3 centre mids dizzy,Scholesy and welly all playing to narrow and with no fullbacks getting forward struggled for width, on a big pitch. Chris curran in the hole was ineffective nice touches but didn't hurt the game.

Tavy if they didn't get the pen would never of scored. Even when saltash had 10 they didn't control possession and wasn't till last 10 mins when saltash pushed on did they create.

Naholliday, Just to comment on your yellow card incidents if I may, 1st yellow was dissent, no problem a yellow, 2nd (you say he stood behind a player who was taking a throw) well if thats the case he could have been cautioned for unsporting conduct or to stand behind someone taking a throw he must have left the field of play, now leaving the field of play without permission is also a yellow card offence, so to the LOAF I see no problems with the yellow cards.

I see liskeard won but how many players they have that played sat ? I see there keeper tonight was Adam fuller who plays for Barnstable how many more ringers they have ?

A player who is signed for a club and available is not classed as a ringer is he??

On the basis of that arguement, I had 16 ringers in last night and they all battled well to secure a hard fought, at times physical, victory against a very strong Elburton team.

ps Jayjay, you didnt mind when I played our centre half in goal against you or when I had to play the last few minutes??

MQx

i was at the game lastnight and have to agree that the sending off was never a sending off, and if saltash had the 11 i felt they would have won the game. Stuart Cawte.....you embarrassed yourself though, theres ways and means of putting your points accross, but that certainly wasnt the way to go. Notice you havent commented on here? funny that because you had alot to say lastnight. Thought it was unfair how deemo and bennetts started the game and regulars buffed out the bench. Tavi never looked like scoring really other than the penalty in which the lad mitchell gave away. a win is a win though and it keeps tavi in with a shout.

Some people make me laugh! On performance alone last night we showed why we are up there with the likes of parkway, millbrook and Bude, we just don't concede and look like we can score when we want. Looking forward to watching the parkway game next week, they looked average the other Saturday.

Forgive the poor explanation Mr Manning...he wasn't stood behind the thrower, but the striker receiving the throw. As the striker backs in, the centre half steps out of the way and the striker falls over...no pull no push no anything?

Naholliday, Just to comment on your yellow card incidents if I may, 1st yellow was dissent, no problem a yellow, 2nd (you say he stood behind a player who was taking a throw) well if thats the case he could have been cautioned for unsporting conduct or to stand behind someone taking a throw he must have left the field of play, now leaving the field of play without permission is also a yellow card offence, so to the LOAF I see no problems with the yellow cards.

Solly why not mention your use of first teamers? Maybe only two then if I have been misinformed, but theyre still first teamers who have regualrly played for you this season. Again I have not slated, I have just put the point across that Tavistock have again used firs teamers in a game. We had 2 last night, 1 for his first appearance and then Oscar who is 17 years old. Apparently Tavistock had a squad shortage even though they made changes and still had more subs on the bench, Saltash had a centre half....who can't really start up top, a centre mid, who can't really start up top and a striker we have only just signed.

As for the team set up AL Capone, it has been the same set up that has led to a great run of results since losing the first 3, and other observers have commented on how well we have been playing and we still could have achieved something from the game with 10 men, so it's not too bad a set up.

So why even mention the first teamers in your write up? You had 2 strikers from the firsts but you didnt mention that originally? We had 1 playing due to squad shortages and another on the bench who started this season with us but has worked his way into the first team and is doing very well.

As for your A N other first team player, you are misinformed unless, as Yan said we have a lot of players who have stepped up to help the firsts including Tuesday night this week.
Are they now classed as first teamers too?

Shafts you cannot really say that you are up there with Parkway after last nights performance. Parkway are a free scoring team, you have scored 1 goal (a pen) in 3 games. If you could score when you want you would have a better ratio than that! Tavi defend very well, will give them that, but for a team claiming to be able to challenge for the title, at home against a team with 10 men for 55 minutes and who have supposedly got their set up wrong, I would suggest you should have done better than to win by a soft penalty.

Some people make me laugh! On performance alone last night we showed why we are up there with the likes of parkway, millbrook and Bude, we just don't concede and look like we can score when we want. Looking forward to watching the parkway game next week, they looked average the other Saturday.

BIGFella, as you said last night during the game, the second yellow was odd...I just cannot see what law of the game the ref has applied there?

Anyway, the bottom line is Tavi won Saltash lost nothing can be done about the fixture now.

If Tavi, Saltash or any other team want to prove themselves worthy of a top place they need to put a string of results together for the "business end" of the season. I am sure there are a lot of results to come and go now, everyone will drop points it just depends on when and who against. Hopefully Saltash will gain the 3 back on the return fixture on April 20th when Tavistock first are playing and Saltash first are with no game LOL!

The player got a second yellow for a foul on me. I was shielding the ball after receiving it from a throw in. Have to say I don't believe it was worthy of a card, but I don't apply the laws of the game.

There certainly is alot of hate or maybe jealousy for Tavi on here!! As many people have said they are obviously better at the back than going forward, so why would they not play to their strengths?? At the end of the day you only need to score one goal to win a game especially as it seems many teams are unable to break them down! Great result for Tavi, keep it going lads and Saltash are building a decent side and think they will be up there next year so Stu, keep your chins up!! :thumbsup::drink:

I would take 1-0 wins from now until the end of the season no problem. Don't really care if people think we're over defensive. It's all about gaining the 3 points and climbing the table. A good team is built on solid foundations & we've certainly got that in our back 5.

I'm sure no team in this league would be happy going all out attack & then conceding more than they score. Win 1-0 or lose 5-2 etc because you've over attacked to keep the keyboard warriors happy. I know what I'd take.

It's going to be a hard from now until the end of the season. Whoever ends up wining the league I will have no problem shaking their hands & saying congratulations you deserve it. As they say, The league table doesn't lie.

Everyone seems to mention how they don't mind the use of first teamers, how its one club etc, yet all you are going on about is which first team players played. Get over it, you're both as bad as each other. I'm personally not a fan of using first teamers that relegate 2nd team regulars to the bench at all, but that seems to be the done thing in the ECPL and has been for a while.

Also, I feel it shows how much of a write off this season is going to be. With all the game cancellations over the 2 months at xmas there are going to be endless evening games where i'm sure 'ringers/first teamers' will be used left, right and centre. Potentially, it wont be the team who has performed the best over an 8 month season, but who can cope with an 8 week period in the spring who shoots up into a good position.

All the stuff being said about Tavi playing or not playing 1st team players is just a excuse by the other sides for not winning the game. Tavi are now looking a very strong side with great team spirit, work rate and a passion to play for the club.

It was not that long ago that Tavi where the ones constantly questioning the use of first team players against them, it was there excuse when they lost. Maybe they realise now that some of the stuff they use to say was all rubbish like they are hearing this year against them.

But this year they have got a very strong squad maybe not winners(parkway) but going to finish top3 In my opinion.

If they could add another 2 or 3 next year and keep hold of the better players from this year then I think they will be the team to beat next season.

Was embarrassing watching tavi celebrate winning 1-0 from a pen against 10 men! Saltash clearly the stronger team even with 10 men would've been good to see what the outcome would have been if the ref didn't ruin the game, which I must say was the worst ref I've ever seen at every level.

I not really bothered if they had 9, 10 or 11. A win is a win at the end of the day. If you go down to 10, you will alway play 4,4,1, which will still give you two backs of four unless you are losing. People easily forget that we beat torpoint 3-2 And we Only had 9 men for over 30mins. I think its good that both squads can mix up the players for there games. most of the second team players have played or been on the bench for the first at Tavi apart from me!!! lol. A ecpl team would never stop a player going to the first team, so why can't it go the other way when needing game time etc??? Isn't that what a reserve or 2nd team is about. We have a good squad rotation at Tavi. Some times you will play and others you will be rested. That is tactics!!! It is getting very boring read about other teams not happy because of 1st playing for the 2nd. Why don't we change the record.

Thats correct frankie, it's the refs fault saltash couldnt keep their heads. He was equally bad for both teams & we had one booking compared to Saltash's how many? Plus their manager sent to the stands.

Why not celebrate winning 1-0? We've won the game & got the 3 points. Would Saltash not have celebrated if they had won? Of course they would!

Keep hating on Tavistock, just gives us even more incentive to keep doing what we're doing & drives our unbelievable team spirit & togetherness even closer!

I not really bothered if they had 9, 10 or 11. A win is a win at the end of the day. If you go down to 10, you will alway play 4,4,1, which will still give you two backs of four unless you are losing. People easily forget that we beat torpoint 3-2 And we Only had 9 men for over 30mins. I think its good that both squads can mix up the players for there games. most of the second team players have played or been on the bench for the first at Tavi apart from me!!! lol. A ecpl team would never stop a player going to the first team, so why can't it go the other way when needing game time etc??? Isn't that what a reserve or 2nd team is about. We have a good squad rotation at Tavi. Some times you will play and others you will be rested. That is tactics!!! It is getting very boring read about other teams not happy because of 1st playing for the 2nd. Why don't we change the record.

Needing game time? Jarryd Kelly playing 90 mins on tues and 90 mins on weds but he needs game time and other second team players need resting? That doesn't make sense?

Also big fella, saltash lost their heads for the 3 mins after the ridiculous sending off, you lost your head when you got subbed, every Tavistock player was calling each other c***s and moaning at each other, some team spirit mind!

So called big fella, Celebrating as if u won a cup final or the league just embarrassing! I don't remember the ref giving Saltash a dodgy pen or sending one of tavi's players off so no the ref weren't equally as bad. U said it yourself u were surprised to see a red card so u can't blame the Saltash players for kicking off I spoke to a number of your players and they all said the ref was giving it all tavi's way. Tavi had nothing upfront and the infamous bus was parked from the start (all your faces when u got that pen) u knew that was the only way u were going to win that gave hence your ridiculous celebrations!

Nathan, Nothing wrong with giving each other a bollocking when your not happy with certain things, Keeps each other on our toes. We could call each other that for 90mins & it wouldn't bother any player because we know how much we all are there for each other when needed.

And yes I wasn't happy at being subbed, but I had my shower,came out, shook my manager & my teammates hands & supported the lads out on the pitch for the rest of the game.

We have a comradery & spirit others can only dream of.

Frankie.Thought I'd use the name bigfella because I'm 6'3 with an ass the size of a bus which your defenders kept bumping into and giving away fouls.

Why not celebrate wining a game? Surely it's more embarrassing posting on a forum that you lost because of the ref etc etc....

We won, Saltash lost, move on!

Being noticed is being noticed! Plus, i play at the back so all positive for me!!! i think u have lost the subject. We have been called boring, parking the bus, negative. But no one had said awful football!! What we do works and I am glad that it gets under everyone's skin. I bleive everyone is clutching at straws, knocking and digging at Tavistock. Even if we were parking the bus, Chelsea did it for a whole season and won the league under Jose plus went away to Barcelona and parked the bus for most of the game after jt being sent off. People were saying it was great tactics. When an amateur team does it, we get slated. I have said once already in this forum, there are only a few teams with more goals than us. We are in a 30 bracket with must other teams. If you don't concede you will never lose.

Needing game time? Jarryd Kelly playing 90 mins on tues and 90 mins on weds but he needs game time and other second team players need resting? That doesn't make sense?

Also big fella, saltash lost their heads for the 3 mins after the ridiculous sending off, you lost your head when you got subbed, every Tavistock player was calling each other c***s and moaning at each other, some team spirit mind!

Every Tavy player? The young striker Jack didn't say a word all night so that's 1 lie.

If you're talking language, what did your manager get sent off for?

You have made such a big deal about us having 1 first teamer start last night whereas you had 2 start and play the full ninety but all you've done is moan moan moan about us and our players.

We had 3 centre mid players missing and the options on the bench weren't able to fill that 1 centre mid spot, just the same as your 2 strikers were needed because you were short in that department?

The team spirit is actually superb, and if Evo was happy as being subbed then there would be something wrong. Doesn't everyone want to play as much as they can so a show of disappointment was fair.

Maybe time to concentrate on the positives from last night (1 being the good performance of Scott Rennie when he came on) and stop trying to deflect and blame others.

Look forward to playing your first team on the 20th......