Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES Wednesday 6th March

Solly, ok so perhaps not every player but certainly the majority of you. And..... Again I have not made a big deal about your first teamers, I just mentioned they played and Tavistock got defensive about it, I've responded and said it doesn't matter it's up to tavi what they do.

You had players missing as did we so need to fill the positions with players who play there, I agree with you. Jamie Macdonald is a good centre mid though on the bench, but I know he's not been there for a while so perhaps can't justify starting.

I am delighted with the performance with every player last night, every player can always do better but you can't argue we gave you a good game!

Anyway I do enjoy the rivalry with Tavistock, it' makes for interesting games. We did you in the cup and you us in the league, both hotly contested games which is what keeps us all involved, winning those games or wanting to make up for not winning.

One things for sure is that the return game will be important in deciding who finishes where

So called big fella, Celebrating as if u won a cup final or the league just embarrassing! I don't remember the ref giving Saltash a dodgy pen or sending one of tavi's players off so no the ref weren't equally as bad. U said it yourself u were surprised to see a red card so u can't blame the Saltash players for kicking off I spoke to a number of your players and they all said the ref was giving it all tavi's way. Tavi had nothing upfront and the infamous bus was parked from the start (all your faces when u got that pen) u knew that was the only way u were going to win that gave hence your ridiculous celebrations!

Dodgy pen? It was handball! And then 5 minutes later a stonewall was not given. How did he get his first booking? Yes, mouthing off, and then u just can't make a challenge

O my godhow boring has this topic got???? Bang average sides in a bang average league. The torpoints, parkways, saltashs, launcestons of few years ago would walk this league this season with 2nd team players only. The standard of players, players attitudes, commitment have nose dived dramatically in last few years in the ecpl, highlighted by the big time Charlie postings from average players above. And it certainly does not help ecpl reputation when you have so called managers airing there dirty washing on a forum, it's a mans game, use whatever players you like as long as they are signed on, aim to get a result at all costs, shake hands, get on with it, and move on to the next game. Have you noticed that,Top players, top managers, top sides don't get involved in this nonsense. I hope parkway or millbrook win the league for this reason only, 2 different, but decent sides, respected, and get on with there football

end of the day saltash had a couple of first team players available and wanted to play as did tavistock i have no problem with that, draw would of been a fair result as neither keeper had to extend themself. walkey had to make a couple of goal kicks as a result of a 3 or 4 free kicks from 20- 25 yards out going extermely high and flying over into the field behind one of the goals, castle having to deal with a few crosses coming in thats it. The ref spoilt a good footballing match by sending one of our players off but evo told the ref that it was never a booking offence but the ref did what he did and saltash down to 10 men for the best part of an hour. I have no bad feelings towards tavi i actually like the banter with most of them, some of there players think there something special but most of them are good lads and im looking forward to them coming to saltash for more banter between the 2 dugouts and players

I have been reading the Cornish Forum for a few weeks now,what i have read has been totally opposite to what i have watched.I was at Tavi on Wed night hoping for a good game.What i saw was a team who thought they were there for a rugby match and a team who were there to play football.All saltash did for the 1st half was grab the 2 centre forwards,the young lad up front for Tavistock must have thought he was at the wrong venue,and then Saltash management come on here moaning about being hard done by,admit you were at Tavistock to do one thing stop them from playing,i don t know who Naholliday is but mate you need to learn something about football,i don t think either team played well but you guys defo parked the bus and fair play it nearly paid of,but to come on here and moan about the ref and Tavi etc lack of class but hey ho if thats how you rock.