Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 12th January 2013

All i will say here to this hayle titans and now penryn club debate is i for one after seeing all 3 sides playing tiatns are a very close bunch and with having a sole club can put out a better side then most in divisions but when they did play hayle away they looked like they wouldent even get a result in trelawny 5 was absolutly an apauling display of football from a side so clearly thinking they could win the match at any moment even the penalty taker took his spot kick like his team was alreay 10-0 up hayle 3rds struggle to get a side out consistently due to shortages of players and being taken from some weeks and as for penryn was very impressed with them they spread the ball from the back down the wings and look like a side that could easily pip titans to the tittle having the easier run in but as i say it will all be about on the day football if titans play like they normaly do if they play like they did first game against hayle they wont even stay in the top 3 by end of season as for hayle tey no there only good enough to finish mid at best as they where pushed into a league higher then they should of been after last season

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im happy to say ive sour grapes came to watch what i thought was gonna be a goal fest by titans and hayle and was left with 2 awful performances from both teams in a 1-1 draw in my mind on a pitch that was there for football to be played on and i mean i may not count well but i for one dident count 3 passes strung together from either side in that game

Man united looked like they didnt even belong in the football league when they lost 1-0 to Norwich does that mean there a mid table side at best? Or does that mean there 7 points clear at the top of the league! The talk about a sole club being easier is ridiculous. Penryn in there team have a few players in there that could or have played peninsula and combo having the luxury of those players playing for there team! Hayle 3rds u say are struggling to field a side but there 4ths look to be tremendously well are they struggling to????? How about stop chatting all this rubbish and let the football or lack of do the talking

Guest smashing pumpkin

what makes me laugh is that no side can accept defeat to titans. we at wendron got beat 3-0 at home to them and you didnt here us making excuses. titans have some very good players i dont see why people complain and make excuses when they lose. the score line dont lie

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="smashing pumpkin" data-cid="227517" data-time="1358101156"><p>

what makes me laugh is that no side can accept defeat to titans. we at wendron got beat 3-0 at home to them and you didnt here us making excuses. titans have some very good players i dont see why people complain and make excuses when they lose. the score line dont lie</p></blockquote>

Theyre a scalp, thats why everyone wants to beat them! Always talking points in games! I can understand what big green says about a small team, they do have a unity and know how each other play but come end of season the big sides will benifit when the games come thick and fast! I can see penryn playing their ringers to try and finish in the top 3!

Agreed there kash can definatly say with so many games going to be played midweek think penryn if titans slip up as i dont see them doing unless they have an off day as not many sides could challange them to beat them peneyn have that in place that thy can bolster there squad come the end of season running to try and snatch the tittle

Division 3

Gulval Res 0 vs 3 Mawnan

Gulval started the game brightly and found ourselves unlucky to go behind to a superb strike from the mawnan player after about 15 mins. We've got used to going 1-0 down this season so it did not affect the way we played and we carved mawnan open several times after that, but a lack of composure in front of goal and some sturdy defending by mawnan meant we found ourselves coming in at halftime 0-1 down. Second half started very similar to the 1st and again Gulval conceded against the run of play and possession. Mawnan proved that the only way you win football matches is by putting the ball in the back of the net and duly made it 0-3 with about 30 mins to go. Mawnan could of made it 4 had it not been for a steady save from Sean after Gulval gave away a penalty. Gulval threw everything at Mawnan in the last 20 mins to no prevail.

Again there are great signs of improvement at Gulval and with getting players like Booker and Belly back playing we look a much stronger unit. Another top class performance by Sean the keeper, again had a huge influence on the scoreline. Si Smith and Polly ran their jewel's off for the cause today and worked well as a unit under the command of TJ and John as a back line. Young Tom and Vidal worked hard out on the wings and showed some great determination and fire which is exactly what we need to do, to get out of the situation we find ourselves. Great leadership from the middle of the park with Matty and Tanz doing their bit. Cant fault Hopkins today, really put a shift in.

All the best to Mawnan for the season, seemed a good bunch of lads.

Well reffed on a tricky pitch, both players were very fair today which helped. .

KASH : tell nicky to put his money where his mouth is with our gaffer then...... Final game season hayle 4ths v combo id say we would but good old nicky always has to be one better i bet if u ask him who i am he will guess straight away tell him he can place the 20 pound hes never paid me in over 1 and 3 months when i took him out on the piss after he came back to mine and met my cocky mother

Smashing pumpkin, I generally don't have a clue who you are but as far as being manager of Titans your right, wendron never moaned and I still stand by wendron being our toughest game so far this season. I ve had so many texts from my players in the last few hours it's great. We are as I've always said looking to win promotion from div 2 and that is it we never expected to be slated by so many players with mainly two or three teams. I put my result on here every week win lose or draw explain what I see and that's it. As far as Titans are concerned we have a massive game at Trispen next sat who I believe are unbeaten in 8 games and that's as far as we look.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Biggreengiant" data-cid="227529" data-time="1358104393"><p>

KASH : tell nicky to put his money where his mouth is with our gaffer then...... Final game season hayle 4ths v combo id say we would but good old nicky always has to be one better i bet if u ask him who i am he will guess straight away tell him he can place the 20 pound hes never paid me in over 1 and 3 months when i took him out on the piss after he came back to mine and met my cocky mother</p></blockquote>

He doesnt know who you are, I like the idea of an end of season game, should be a laugh!

Ive noticed stoke fans abit quiet today after there 5-0 defeat against marazion yesterday!!!!!
not quiet not been on here we were outplayed on day and big enough to admit it however like bluenose said at 0-0 couple chances we should of took however with bare 11 proud lads who kept on going and plenty more games left yet

Hayle87, I don't think there is any point in him posting, unless you all need to be told how good you were... Was a good game, marazion dominated and park weren't at the races. Bluenose had already given a spot on report. But yes you were all very good. Pat on the back lol all the best matt n co x
as wrote above we wasnt at races, few chances did have we didnt take, no exscuses we wasnt good enough and if they all want be told how great you played i agree on day you played well! we.ll come back and never give up lots points left up for grabs yet

Birchy I genuinely forgot about that money... N as for end of season game im sure we could turn you over again as we did pre season believe it was around 7-2... Its good you guys have confidence in yourselves as your a gd side with good players no doubt about it but I think saying youll beat us is a tall order. Reckon you boys should wrap the league up this season if you keep up the consistency youve shown n johns a great manager has got all you boys playing heart on your sleeves for him which is gd to see!

Guest smashing pumpkin

marksy . i am the wendron goalkeeper. and as for you game next week at trispen i live in trispen and been down the pitch today to exercise my dog and all i will say is that its very muddy there.

Guest BenTheYeti

marksy . i am the wendron goalkeeper. and as for you game next week at trispen i live in trispen and been down the pitch today to exercise my dog and all i will say is that its very muddy there.

Apologies for jumping in.. I thought you'd left Wendron? And I thought Nic Tomba was the goalie.. clearly I'm out of date!

Guest smashing pumpkin

very out of date as ive played every minute for wendron res this season. in goal. the only player in the squad that has so far this season

Birchy I genuinely forgot about that money... N as for end of season game im sure we could turn you over again as we did pre season believe it was around 7-2... Its good you guys have confidence in yourselves as your a gd side with good players no doubt about it but I think saying youll beat us is a tall order. Reckon you boys should wrap the league up this season if you keep up the consistency youve shown n johns a great manager has got all you boys playing heart on your sleeves for him which is gd to see!

Okay webber and nah the money thing wasent somthing i was botherd about if homest tottaly forgot my self was just i needed somthing so u woul guess who i am that was all :) and well fair play there dude dident even no u had played them pre season i wasent there but dont forget the new addittions we have added since and the new ones that keep coming ryan , barny , me , elliot , new 16 year old lad and maybe some more soon but yeah would like say with the sonsistency and that should be good and hopfully another leage title trophy

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bluenose" data-cid="227441" data-time="1358024119"><p>

Div 5<br />

<br />

Marazion Res 5-0 Camborne Park<br />

<br />

If ever there was a game we had to win, this was it. Having not played since the middle of December we hoped there would be no Christmas hangover. We started the game well and like Park did to us at their ground, we were quick to close them down. In the first half hour we created enough chances to win two games but poor finishing, good keeping and the woodwork kept the score at 0-0. Park had a couple of chances and hit the post on the counter attack. Then Craig Rennard cut in from the right, opened his body and side footed it passed the keeper. We felt a little hard done by to only be one up at half time, as we had dominated and created so many good chances. <br />

<br />

The team talk was easy....just keep playing as we had. The next twenty minutes were probably the best we have played all season. First Dale Vigus, who had dominated the midfield all game, cut the defence in half and Liam Mooney just had to blast in past the keeper. Within minutes Matty Thomas collected a throwing from the left, cut inside and then unleashed and unstoppable shot into the top corner. Sanjay then made it four by firing into the bottom corner from the left and Adam Caul scored the fifth when the keeper and his defender got in a muddle and he had a tap in from 3 yards. Park had a couple of chances in the second half and Eric had to make a class save late on. The game was well reffed and I can't remember any bad challenges.<br />

<br />

All in all it was our best performance for the season, five goals against a team that will be up there at the end of the season and a second clean sheet on the trot. We might have caught Park on an off day but all in all it was a dominant performance. The groundsman might need to put a bit of paint on the woodwork as we hit it five or six times.<br />

<br />

Eric Sleeman<br />

<br />

Jamie Mooney Danny Taylor<br />

Scott James<br />

Adam Martin<br />

Adam Caul 1<br />

<br />

Sanjay 1<br />

Craig Rennard 1<br />

Dale Vigus<br />

Steve Hunt Mark Hampton<br />

<br />

Matty Thomas 1<br />

Liam Mooney 1 Jason O'Sullivan<br />

<br />

MOM - Dale Vigus.....dominated the midfield and created chance after chance for the forwards.</p></blockquote>

good reflection of the game and could of been different if my shot hadnt come off the post 0-0 but in all fair result and just happy you haven't done league double over us

good luck for rest of season

DIV 5

ST.ERME (3) 6 Rapsey 24, 82, 88, James 10, Hill 43, McDonnell 75,

NEWQUAY (1) 3 17, 72, 79,

Cracking game, end to end, hard to play much football on our pitch to be honest and it probably didn't suit the young Newquay team who to their credit kept fighting back and we didn't really clinch it until the last ten. Great result for us as Newquay thrashed us 5-1 at the beginning of the season. Goal of the day from Dave Hill right on half time with a 25 yard strike.

Fallowfield

Truscott

Howman

Spencer

Dave Hill

James

Bellamy (Dean Hill 28) (Steve Brown 63)

Penrose

McDonnell

Jolly (Parr 70)

Rapsey

well done on yet another hatric rappo keep it up mate although cornish football will loose a legend when u hit the big 2000 mark good luck mate.

Percy Stevens Cup

Illogan 7 - 2 St Day (3-0 ht)

(Curly x 3, Adam Callaway, Ryan Treloar, Alan Buckley and Graham Stir)

Thought id do a write up as we don't get many actual football write ups anymore on the football forum.

We were much the stronger this time around and up against a St Day side who had several players out compared to last time we played them. We started well and played some really good football in patches but again pitches as they are its a struggle to play much flowing football.

We took the lead through the 1st of a hat trick of headers from Curly who was always dangerous on set pieces, helped by superb delivery from Abbo all day.

A welcome return to the ressies from Adam Callaway was a massive boost to the squad this week and it didn't take him too long to get on the score sheet and we managed to go in at half time 3 up but St Day did have a couple of good chances themselves but they failed to take them, with no 17 for St Day playing well all game and being quite tricky to keep hold of.

2nd half we got a nice early goal from Ryan which effectively ended the game and we made several changes early in the 2nd half to give everyone a good run. This did mess up the organisation for a while at which point St Day got back to 4-1 then we immediately scored again 5-1, St Day got a 2nd at 5-2 then we finished the game off with 2 more. A bit scrappy last 20 just down to so many changes but another good victory and were back in the hat!

Thankyou blue bridge, yet again your opinion means Nothing. Have you beaten Titans this season? How many points difference is there between you both...? Are you just a natural born Day dreamer...? Are you a 'Has been'...? Have you and David, (Marksy) had a fall out in past years...? But yet you have to be a keyboard warrior and hide behind an Alias to state your opinion!!! Have a nice day Blue bridge.