Cornwall Football Forum

Truro need all the help they can get - and here's someone aiming to try!

Ok so here is the plan

To get the club out of administration, we have to convince Kate Breeze that there is a future to Truro City FC.

Being in administration the most sensible option available to us, is to form a Fans Trust, a trust where all of the fans become members, and together we raise the required capital to purchase the club.

With a relatively small fan base at present the trust will require assistance from Local Business to raise sufficient funds.

Obviously with regards to getting help from local business I will personally do all I can to find investment.

I have emailed Ben Shave over at the supporters direct, he is away until Tuesday but I have basically asked for help and guidance on setting up the trust, as it is something new to me.

It is a Trust because we will be handling money and be needing to set up a bank account. That’s where I’m hoping to get help from the Fans here, we will need to act as a group, and as such will all need to take up roles, so initially what we are looking for is someone who is well versed in banking principles etc, someone who is responsible and trustworthy who can handle the finances.

Also we are going to need someone who is able to build and maintain a website, which has a paypal donation link. Without this we are fighting a losing battle, the cost of setting up a web page is minimal it is the man hour we need. I am going to speak to a couple of local coach suppliers and see about a reduced rate of travel in return for some free advertising.

I think a key selling point to any potential investor is to offer a fixed term of shirt sponsoring in return for a substantial investment.

With regard to immediate fund raising, it was suggested we arrange a collection with buckets, which is fantastic, I say we try and organise a group of 12 of us, who in turns can collect money in Truro City centre every day for however long. This is more a task for people who are retired now, or who are seeking employment, I appreciate it is hard to commit if you have a full time job, or family commitments. But between a group of around 12 we can take it in turns to collect the cash. I have cancelled all my immediate work commitments to get hands on with this.

I am also going to get in touch with the surrounding schools, to see if we can get some support from the younger generation. If we can arrange a competition where the local schools do a fund raising day, the winning school could get to hold their sports day at Treyew Road. Or something similar, also when it comes to the “PR” sides of things, there isn’t much more the cameras like than child fundraisers.

This is a community project, not only Truro but all of Cornwall, at present Truro City FC are the only club to represent the county at recognised league level, and if we allow the club to collapse then it may be some time before it happens again.

I am going to devote my time to getting this Supporters Trust up and running it , and to find us new investment, what I need from everyone here is help, in any way you think you can, so please please do what you can and help in whatever way possible. What we need immediately is volunteers who can spare up to 5 hours each day to help collect cash. Bring your own bucket!!!

As I said above we have to set up a bank account and have someone who can take care of that for us, so please if you think that is you step forward.

Computer/web designers , we have to get our web site up and running ASAP, if we need to pay for something in the mean time I will do it, but please we need help, so even if you know someone etc...

I have got the application form from the Football Supporters Federation, and will want to have some assistance on completing it, we have to do this as a team if we are to succeed. I'm going to be having an article in the Mid Cornwall this week fingers crossed, which will repeat what I have said here pretty much. We need all the support and publicity we can.

Apologies if this appears rushed, but i have been frantically researching as much as possible, and my eyes are starting to see stars.

My personal email is willjones1@me.com

Please email your help and support, let’s try and organise a meeting this week, I am back in Cardiff Friday/Saturday which I can’t get out of, but time is of the essence here obviously. Let’s all get behind our team.