Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

After starting that lively thread about last Tuesday's matches, I'll start another for tomorrow's games.

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or failing that text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

25th August 2012

Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Ambrose 2, Nathan Macintosh, Jason Roberts) 4-2 Goonhavern Athletic (Marc Wilson, Sam Waters)

Att - 45

Hayle Reserves (Carl Shorthouse, Tom Morris ) 2-4 St Day (Daniel Bell, Ryan Trathen, Wade Brown, Chris Tolley)

Att - 30

Illogan RBL (OG) 1-1 St Ives Town (Harry Corin)

Att - 50

Mullion (Alan Thomas, Keith Jacka, Phil Cattran, Jack Sherlock) 4-1 Falmouth Athletic (Sean Haskell-Mills)

Att - 35

Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 1-2 Holman SC (Neil Pitt, Jason Blight)

Att - 35

St Agnes (Duane Britton, Thadeous Vingoe) 2-3 Pendeen Rovers (Jack Willis, Ashley Ellis, Jamie Payne)

Att - 55

St Just (Callum George, Darren Steadman) 2-3 Perranwell (Luke Brabyn, Darren Edwards, Jimmy Thompson)

Att - 55

Troon (Garath Honer) 1-2 Newquay Reserves (Jake Street, Alex Cole)

Att - 40

Wendron United 0-4 Ludgvan (Gerran James 2, Jack Ramsey 2)

Att - 25

PO TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENDEEN ROVERS 3 3 0 0 9 4 5 9

2 MULLION 3 2 1 0 11 5 6 7

3 ST DAY 3 2 1 0 8 3 5 7

4 WENDRON UNITED 3 2 0 1 11 7 4 6

5 PERRANWELL 3 2 0 1 8 6 2 6

6 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 2 2 0 0 4 2 2 6

7 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 3 2 0 1 7 6 1 6

8 ST AGNES 3 2 0 1 7 6 1 6

9 ST IVES TOWN 3 1 2 0 4 3 1 5

10 ILLOGAN RBL 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4

11 LUDGVAN 3 1 0 2 7 6 1 3

12 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 3 1 0 2 6 9 -3 3

13 NEWQUAY RESERVES 3 1 0 2 3 6 -3 3

14 HAYLE RESERVES 3 1 0 2 6 10 -4 3

15 HOLMAN SC 3 1 0 2 5 12 -7 3

16 GOONHARVEN ATHLETIC 2 0 1 1 4 6 -2 1

17 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

18 ST JUST 3 0 0 3 4 7 -3 0

19 TROON 3 0 0 3 3 6 -3 0

20 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 2 0 0 2 2 5 -3 0

holmans goalscorers were Neil Pitt and Jason Blight, least said about this game the better was a poor game by us never turned up and got going but still happy to come away with the 3 points, good luck to porthleven for the rest of the season. :D

A good game down at st.just closely contested for the most part however I do feel perranwell deserved the 3 points, if the finishing was better could have been a bigger score line, 2-2 with 15 left when st.just where awarded a penalty, the perranwell keeper adjudged to have bought down the st.just striker, the resulting penalty was well saved by the keeper, then however one of the st.just players thought it fit to try to headbutt the keeper ( had the keeper been shorter it could have done some damage) the st.just player quite rightly saw red for this, perranwell then pushed for the winner and with 5mins remaining got their reward from a sublimely finished lobb by the perranwell lad up top! 2-3 final score!

St Just 2 - Perranwell 3

Steadman missed penalty for St Just. Calum George and Darren Steadman scored for St Just. Sorry, don't know the scorers for Perranwell.

Not one for blowing my own trumpet but, missed penalty? Bit harsh. It was right in the corner, I thought it was a bloody good save haha!

Watched Pendeen travel to St Agnes today. Finished a deserved win for Pendeen 3-2. Pendeen goals from Jack Willis, Jamie Payne and Ashley Ellis.

A good start for Pendeen ..not an easy place to get a victory !!

Been a cracking start to the season by Pendeen, big thanks to all the team for the commitment you have shown so far , keep it up lads , Doctor Dre nos his medicine big shout to for the backroom staff also , well done all

Ludgvan for the title. Great game today!! Jack Ramsey is quality! I knew he was good but todays performance, what a player. St Day only 4-2? POOR! Good luck though boys, no criticism, a wins a win.

Ludgvan will not win the title. May I ask what your problem with St Day is? They are still above ludgvan...

Are you sure Fal Town score was 4-2 as Combo Full Time says 5-1?

Anyone fill in the blanks.

finished 4-2, 2-0 at half time.

Was always going to be a difficult game for us today, we had many key players missing and a centre back with one knee. It also didn't help gifting Falmouth a two goal lead. Falmouth thoroughly deserved their win, however, and we showed good spirit to pull two late goals back through Sam Waters and Marc Wilson.

Ludgvan for the title. Great game today!! Jack Ramsey is quality! I knew he was good but todays performance, what a player. St Day only 4-2? POOR! Good luck though boys, no criticism, a wins a win.

JoeyTheJoker you are living up to your name, Ludgvan for the title? You havin a laugh? ludgvan are a cocky side, they think they can buy the league, and after there 1st 2 results it became obvious that it wasnt gunna be as easy as they thought! Watched them at pendeen on tuesday, thought they were disgracefull, especially the linesman who was cheating throughout the game then had the cheek to chuck his flag down when the ref went against him! If this is a taste of the new ludgvan, i have to laugh to myself!!!!

Porthleven 1-2 Holman sports club

Att 35

The Holman faithful numbered an impressive 4 this week thank god we got Sam Eva into the side which means his mum dad and brother now come and watch although I probably should knock his dad off the list as he's been conned into an assistant manager role. Jase blights old man couldn't make it but thankfully selleys dad turned up although he has stated he can't be arsed travelling all the way to pendeen on Tuesday for a midweek game.....to be honest neither can we!!!!

Holman goalscorers

Neil Pitt

Jason blight

The blaythorne Barmy army made their way Porthleven for probably the first "6 pointer" of the season for two sides that are earmarked to not exactly set the world alight this season! Holmans were bolstered by the return of Bryn wheeler and Aaron Meridith making his Saturday debut following his record attempting deep duvet session last weekend in which he attempted to sleep for the entire weekend but fell agonisingly short when he realised his black mascara had wiped off all over his clean sheets forcing him into a rotors running duvet change

The pitch at gala park was looking very green...to be fair if it was blue or pink I may have worried that it was not proper grass and that someone had dropped a lance Armstrong happy pill in my pre match red bull!!! Both teams had been firing blanks in their first two games and were on the dreaded eurovision null points so by 5pm both sides knew at least one side would have points on the board barring any match abandonment due to the dreaded wet stuff still throwing itself down or crazy 22 man free for alls!

holmans started brightly attacking the changing room end and we're rewarded in the 15th min as 16 year old Sam Eva sent over a free kick for Neil Pitt :) to rise like a salmon.....do salmons rise? Always thought they kinda jumped badly!!! The ball bounced off my nose to thunder into the net and send the away side into a lead for the 2nd Saturday in a row. Porthleven rallied helped by holmans inability to string a pass together and general grumpiness of bucking the normal trend and actually taking the lead.

The home side were rewarded when Adam "hatchet job" gill mugged the Porthleven forward coming up with his wallet and iPhone and the ref had no hesitation in awarding a penalty more cast iron then a set of le creuset cooking pans. Ben Minns once again forced England manager Roy hodgson to consider him for the next England team by his continued inability to get anywhere near any penalty kick and port were level. Holmans had a quick visit to some relate counselling to sort out their general grumpiness and following a quick eric idle singalong of always look on the bright side of life managed to get captain Jason blight into the box to put the visitors ahead after 4 consecutive attempts at shooting on goal.

After that the game was pretty dire and I'm sure the spectators would rather sit through an entire box set of Hugh grant films then watch another 90mins. Their was some bright moments "hatchet job" gill redeemed himself in the 2nd half clearing a ball off the line and port really should have equalised after I got caught having a cat nap allowing a 1on1 with Ben. Luckily the port forward decided at that moment in time in the 85th min to try the soccer am crossbar challenge and his chip shot went over Ben, the crossbar & the car park behind it....lucky escape phew. So a win for the green army which is great and we are celebrating tommorow at the annual Peter gilks memorial tournament and charity auction at blaythorne where many many shandies will be drunk!!

..........oh yes and finally I'm back writing on here after having a few supportive e mails from members of this forum who i would like to take the opportunity to thank Ive taken the decision not to take any notice of people who have no idea or input about what direction holmans or it's players are taking and surrendered the right 4 years ago when they walked out on the club. I have addressed this mysterious idea we only cater for over 40's with a love of beer which is kinda strange considering last Saturday only 1 player was over 27........me!

All players at holmans are now fitted with a tag that flashes when they reach 40 and at that point we launch them off a trampoline erected on the clubhouse patio towards the railway track in the style of the classic michael york 70's film Logan's run

Jack Ramsey quality? Christ you really are a joker. Watched you lot get turned over by Pendeen on Tuesday and Jack Ramsey might as well of stayed at home.... Useless! You have got one result and now you think you are going to win the league? Grow up, mid-table at best 'Joey'.

pendeen 3 st. agnes 2. a very keenly contested match. st. agnes probley had the better chances in the first half, but it was pendeen who scored first on 36 min when jack willis thumped a free kick into the top corner. seconded half pendeen pushed aggie back for long periods and were rewarded when jamie payne cooly slotted past the keeper on 65 min. with 7 mins to go aggie were awarded a stone wall pen which dwaine put away. 2 mins later after a mix up aggie broke again and brought the scores level. fair play to pendeen they stuck to the task and a maisey run from scotty meags saw ash ellis slot the ball home. fair result to pendeen who i felt shaded the tie. aggie a very good side who i think will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. many thanks for the hospitality after the game, look forward to the return fixture.

pendeen 3 st. agnes 2. a very keenly contested match. st. agnes probley had the better chances in the first half, but it was pendeen who scored first on 36 min when jack willis thumped a free kick into the top corner. seconded half pendeen pushed aggie back for long periods and were rewarded when jamie payne cooly slotted past the keeper on 65 min. with 7 mins to go aggie were awarded a stone wall pen which dwaine put away. 2 mins later after a mix up aggie broke again and brought the scores level. fair play to pendeen they stuck to the task and a maisey run from scotty meags saw ash ellis slot the ball home. fair result to pendeen who i felt shaded the tie. aggie a very good side who i think will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. many thanks for the hospitality after the game, look forward to the return fixture.

well done andre, and the lads, great start, long may it continue