Cornwall Football Forum

Thanks for the Memories Barry!

We are all very critical of loyalty and money chasing amongst local players but I think at times it should work both ways.

I have looked around Twitter to see what Barry Hayles has had to say about leaving Truro and at no stage has he bad mouthed the club or ran the truth through the gutter in the manner he could have done.

It appears that all of the Truro players have remain dignified and loyal at a time when there has been uncertainty and having been led up the garden path by a Chairman with ideas his wallet cannot cash.

This is not local football anymore, to keep proper players of that credibility you need professionalism as well as money and despite having little of either; he hung on and hung by the looks of it, in the hope of staying on.

I would say that in adversity he has held his head high and rather than pointing the finger at him and suggesting he is a deserter; have a look at the morals of the person blazing the trail; the buck stops there I'm afraid.

Once upon a time, no doubt BH was sold an idea that came with a fee and if that deal was no longer available what would you expect?

This is not a local lad jumping ship 5 miles up the road for a tenner but yet another person who had clearly been undone by an individual with little morals. Looking at the video, it would be interesting how much they think they can save but get that sort of finishing from, certainly short sighted if they have fallen out over an extra £100 a week or so.

Have a pop at your regime before criticising anyone else bud!

Don't fall out over a hundred pounds or so? Truro have not got 100 pence! and now they do not have a ground either. When the eventual owners of the land want their money bye bye I'm afraid.

Unless of course our ever stupid council build the white elephant that will be the millstone (stadium) for Cornwall, you could not make this stuff up.