Cornwall Football Forum

duchy results 21/4

Divvy 5

Duke of Cornwall 0 - 3 Charlestown Saints

Mark Perry, Dean Dunn & an own goal seal a clean 3 points for the Saints. It must be said, that i don't think any other team in the Duchy has a more fearsome midfield duo at present than Nick Mills & Mark Perry. That pair could make onions cry. Perhaps the Duke should have hit the target a little more with some of the quality posession they had, but this is now a good series of clean sheets for the Saints, who are aiming to finish the season with one of the best (if not THE best) defensive record in the leagues.

Man of the Match - Nick Mills, who is rejuvenated as a lynchpin in the middle of the midfield.

Div 4

Grampound 0 Gerrans 4

Charlie Andrew, Ryan Harris 2, Mike Hawke (pen)

That should be Grampound Reserves not Grampound.

Gerrans deserved the win, with their midfield pairing of Ed Rimmer & Ryan Harris dominating the game. It's easy to see why Harris has scored over 20 goals from midfield this season. Gerrans didn't have to be at their best as only 4 or 5 of the Grampound players gave any sort of a performance.

Divvy 5

It must be said, that i don't think any other team in the Duchy has a more fearsome midfield duo at present than Nick Mills & Mark Perry. That pair could make onions cry.

maybe jenks you should have a friendly against gerrans in pre season and play against rimmer and harris, these two are awesome, should be playing alot higher.

just hope they win the league, they fully deserve it!

Guest Cornish Carlton Palmer

Christ boys it's a good job Harris can't read otherwise he'd be unbearable on the journey up to Altarnun on Saturday. As for "Slim" Rimmer I think in his mind he is playing at higher level, but more spiritually that anything else! Those boys are just lucky they've got a few big ugly brutes around them to clear up their messes, I tell you.....

St.BREWARD 2 CALSTOCK 6

A great team performance,,,,,,why we blow hot and cold beggars belief.

Must say that we had a very young ref today approx 16yrs,17yrs (my apologies if older) and i can tell you now he was superb. Puts alot of older so called ref's to shame. A Brilliant display of refereeing.

The only problem is i did not get his name and hope that st.breward can shed some light on this.

May i also congratulate Jiggy and St.Newlyn East for winning the league...much deserved.

Best Regards

Stewart Cawte

Pelynt 3 Bere Alston 2

Despite Bere having some first team assistance

Duchy 2 just gets tighter and tighter

It was 4-2

our keeper has been outstanding all season and to make 3 absolute howlers in the space of 5 minutes cost us the game.

only 1 first teamer but pelynt fully deserved the win.

Ah, left before the last goal, must've been a late 4th? Bere were well in it when Curtis was played further forward, soon as you dropped him deeper you lost the edge. Your 5 was more interested in gobbing off than concentrating on defending I think! Thought you missed your captain tonight but decent game to watch.

Gonna go to the wire I think

That's James Burns if i am not mistaken...now there's a surprise Matt...played 2 games for us at the start of the season!!!!

Mike Curtis also played midweek against us and he ran the show.

Just had a look on website and i agree Matt i think it will go to the wire as there are still some vert tasty games ahead for top six/seven teams (ignoring that St.Newlyn have won it) but they will have a say at some of the results

Yea, he definitely deserved a red tonight, but the ref kept him on the pitch - I actually think that ref (Dave Goldstone) is brilliant - gets right into the spirit of the game and is a "proper" old school ref.

Mike Curtis was running the show early on tonight but he wants to learn how to hit a ball - jesus!!! Scored a hat trick of 30 yard plus efforts against us for St Annes Chapel a few years ago - not many hit a ball like that.

Yea, he definitely deserved a red tonight, but the ref kept him on the pitch - I actually think that ref (Dave Goldstone) is brilliant - gets right into the spirit of the game and is a "proper" old school ref.

Mike Curtis was running the show early on tonight but he wants to learn how to hit a ball - jesus!!! Scored a hat trick of 30 yard plus efforts against us for St Annes Chapel a few years ago - not many hit a ball like that.

Tom Marjeram can!