Cornwall Football Forum

Another deadline

February 1st 2010

This is the application date for clubs wishing to join the SWPL from the 6 feeder leagues.

From memory,

North Devon League;

East Cornwall Premier League;

Cornwall Combination League;

South Devon League;

Devon & Exter League;

West Devon(Plymouth) League.

What about Illogan RBL or Helston Athletic from my area?

Another club which would be a good aquisition is Torrington who are lying third in the North Devon Premier League.

They were previously a Western League premier club but withdrew in 2007 but have since climbed up their leagues.

If they do look for promotion I would think they would favour the SWPL(E) than the WL(1)

February 1st 2010

This is the application date for clubs wishing to join the SWPL from the 6 feeder leagues.

From memory,

North Devon League;

East Cornwall Premier League;

Cornwall Combination League;

South Devon League;

Devon & Exter League;

West Devon(Plymouth) League.

What about Illogan RBL or Helston Athletic from my area?

Another club which would be a good aquisition is Torrington who are lying third in the North Devon Premier League.

They were previously a Western League premier club but withdrew in 2007 but have since climbed up their leagues.

If they do look for promotion I would think they would favour the SWPL(E) than the WL(1)

I didn't think step 8 clubs such as Torrington were allowed to skip step 7 (SWPE) to go straight to step 6 (WL1). In any case WL1 is very Bristol centric based these days, with only Elmore from Devon. WLP is more spread with Illfracombe, Barnstaple, Bideford, Willand Rovers and Dawlish from Devon.

Back to the original question, Devon & Exeter always seems to have clubs applying for promotion so likely to be the same this season. SW West division needs to bolster numbers, so I hope Helston, Illogan and/or Bude (ECP) apply.

Unfortunately although Plymouth & West Devon League standard is of a very good standard because of poor facilities they have been downgraded and cannot be directly promoted to the SWPL.

Unfortunately although Plymouth & West Devon League standard is of a very good standard because of poor facilities they have been downgraded and cannot be directly promoted to the SWPL.

:SM_carton: Not too sure about that - the fact that the top division is called now Division one, would not stop a club with all the facuilities moving up - so I think you ought to check before you make positive statements on here.

I have been reliably informed that Plymouth and Disrict clubs CAN still apply for the SWP League.

The downgrade in status is not recognised by the F.A.

As they are the senior league in Plymouth the likes of Vospers/Plymstock could go back to that league and vice-versa the top division P.& D clubs are entitled for promotion.

:SM_carton: Not too sure about that - the fact that the top division is called now Division one, would not stop a club with all the facuilities moving up - so I think you ought to check before you make positive statements on here.

Surely Not ECPL getting things wrong again?